More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

Last television show you watched - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:10 am

FIREFLY
God I still love this show!
Watched them all out of order, totally random, and it made no difference. Even listened to commentaries on shows right after watching them, and still ate it all up.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 am

trevanian wrote:
FIREFLY
Watched them all out of order, totally random, and it made no difference. Even listened to commentaries on shows right after watching them, and still ate it all up.

If only there were five seasons.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
trevanian wrote:
FIREFLY

If only there were five seasons.

If only there were none.

BURN!
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 am

Just for that crack alone, I guess I'll have to start watching BUFFY or his Eliza Dushku series, if that's available.

Not that I expect any of them would hold a candle to FF -- or be able to singe my Serenity.

SCHWING!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 am

I tried with BUFFY. Didn't make it past the pilot. Sarah Michelle Gellar. Yawn.

Though Charisma Carpenter...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 am

Watched the pilot of REMINGTON STEELE. Going by Pierce Brosnan on this show, I have no fucking clue why Americans thought he would make a great James Bond. He's too goofy. I guess it's just the tux and accent, that's all Americans think is required for Bond. Afterall, lots thought Hugh Grant would be a candidate. laugh Probably was a good thing he got the Bond role a decade later, he was way too fresh faced in the 80s.

Besides that, it's a fun little 80s show I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 am

Python wrote:
Watched the pilot of REMINGTON STEELE. Going by Pierce Brosnan on this show, I have no fucking clue why Americans thought he would make a great James Bond. He's too goofy. I guess it's just the tux and accent, that's all Americans think is required for Bond. Afterall, lots thought Hugh Grant would be a candidate. laugh Probably was a good thing he got the Bond role a decade later, he was way too fresh faced in the 80s.

Besides that, it's a fun little 80s show I guess.

You have your answer.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 am

I jest, but it may be true.

I'm trying to watch different TV shows on a weekly basis now, so that I can have more variety than go through a six episode binge then miss out on something else. Not sure if RS will be one of them, but I'll continue giving it a shot.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 am

I was seriously disappointed while trying to watch STEELE a couple months back; it wasn't anywhere near as good as I remembered (only ever watched season 1, didn't like supporting cast change.) Based on STEELE, I actively did NOT want Brosnan, and except for FOURTH PROTOCOL, I don't think I ever saw him in anything that suggested he could play Bond properly, until perhaps TAILOR OF PANAMA.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 am

I'll give him credit, I actually love that he went onto do THE FOURTH PROTOCOL right after STEELE got cancelled. Shame there hasn't been an American home video release, is there a reason for that? I figure having Caine and Brosnan on the cover is enough to sell copies.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:13 am

And Joanna Cassidy boobies ... though I'm pretty sure they're only shown after she's dead, which kind of spoils it.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Skimming through cream of DS9 (THE VISITOR, FAR BEYOND THE STARS),while starting over from the beginning with nuBSG.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 am

Ran into a TV sitcom called As Time Goes By starring Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer. Never knew this existed until now. Now I wonder if Palmer's casting in TND was a nod to this TV show as they actually did get into a bizarre quarrel in the film.

"Sometimes I think you don't have the balls."
"Perhaps, but the advantage is that I don't have to think with them."

You know, that does sound like something from a sitcom.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Python wrote:
Ran into a TV sitcom called As Time Goes By starring Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer. Never knew this existed until now. Now I wonder if Palmer's casting in TND was a nod to this TV show as they actually did get into a bizarre quarrel in the film.

"Sometimes I think you don't have the balls."
"Perhaps, but the advantage is that I don't have to think with them."

You know, that does sound like something from a sitcom.

Been fond of that for a fair few years. I suppose it's quite charming in its way and yes, it chimes whenever I watch TND.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm

More4 starting to continue Curb Your Enthusiasm after three or so weeks without it and picking up with Vow of Silence. Not quite a laugh-a-minute but hilarious enough with Larry and Jeff eating the dog's ice cream, the Richard Lewis aspect and all ending with Larry et al heading East.

Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 pm

WAtched the first two episodes of Falcon, based upon the Wilson thriller The blind men form Seville. I was kind of dissapointed, while I liked the books I found this series lacking a similar mood and storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:37 am

Watching Last Resort. Most decent thing to come out of the usual 4 stations here in the states this year. Too bad it got cancelled. I'll be going down with the ship.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Beach Boys Live at Knebworth, 1980

saints alive, Dennis Wilson was a legend. Somebody of the group, I think it was Jardine said in some new documentary that if given the chance Keith Moon would've joined the band in a flash. Debatable but Dennis Wilson had as much energy...miserable English weather probably helped.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:30 am

Saw the first two episodes of COMMUNITY. Not bad, though I don't think I'll go out of my way to continue watching it. But it does seem like a good show. Chase was the real draw for me, plus Alison Brie. The writing actually impressed me a fair amount, though I wasn't laughing at any of the dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:18 am

It gets a lot better. Then worse. But the first two episodes are hardly the show at its best. The first two seasons at least are worth the watch, IMO.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Last night, for the first time, I watched 5 episodes of HBO's True Blood...and is was quite interesting (enough for me not to change the channel). I just googled it and will be getting some dvds if I can.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 pm

not TV but there's no place really, a radio show about Jeff Wayne's Musical War of the Worlds.

Quite something to hear outtakes of Richard Burton (consistently mispronouncing Billericay), even ordering coffee before seguing into his narration. Also to hear Anthony Quinn narrate the Spanish version and Curt Jurgens the German. Forever Autumn never tires on every listen, more-so when listened to in the album complete with Burton's dramatic reading.

straight into the eyes...of my beloved Carrie...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pf5cx/...But_Still_They_Come/
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 8:30 am

With the year coming to an end, I'm going to say there have been some decent news show on USA network TV. I can't say I watch any of them religiously but the ones I do like are Vegas( smart period crime-drama with both a strong cast and good-looking cast); Nashville ( nighttime soap with Hayden Panitierre - sexy trashy fun); Revolution - a kind of Lost derivative, at least in look. Very popular I think. Should get renewed. Not as spooky as Lost. More in the near-future fantasy vein.

Mob Doctor is another entertaining crime-drama, but I think its getting chopped.

Last Resort had promise- another spyfy entry with a Lost look (characters on scenic island) I think its getting the chop too.

666 Park Avenue - modern goth horror. I liked this show. Good camp horror fun, with lots of good looking guest characters every week. I knew it was doomed though. Niche shows like this have to be brilliant to survive and this wasn't quite brilliant. More like average in terms of quality.

Of the continuing shows, Person of Interest and Fringe are still worth watching.

I do have an obvious bias towards spyfy and fantasy, thus I don't bother with regular cop shows or hospital shows, and most sitcoms I find moronic, although I will check the odd one out, if i like the look of the cast. In that case Two Broke Girls gets my attention, along with a couple of others.

I used to follow Nikita, Vampire Diaries(a little bit) and Revenge but I haven't managed to catch any of their current seasons, due to being busy and inconvenient programming times. I don't use a pvr. I'd be a slave to the tv if I did.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 am

Started rewatching the KINGPIN miniseries again ... for me this is as comfortable and entertaining a rewatch as JFK usually is, something I can always become absorbed in. The late David Mills, who wrote for PICKET FENCES, HOMOCIDE, THE WIRE, TREME, NYPD BLUE and probably some other shows created this, and I think it is just a real shame it never went beyond the initial order, which was six episodes.

First tine I ever saw Bobby Cannavale in anything, and probably the last time I saw Maria Conchita Alonso in anything (it is okay, she is SUPPOSED to be incredibly obnoxious and hard to watch or listen to in her appearance here.)

For me it has the richness of a novel, plus the bonus of the supporting story line (the travails and rehabilitation of a wounded DEA agent) that is as compelling as the whole 'It's hard to be a Drug Lord and keep your family happy' aspect.

Any series that can feature both the MACHETE guy and Brian Benben is capable of quite the juggling act, and in at least the 6 hrs we got they keep all of those spheroids airborne.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 pm

As some sort of tribute -Thunderbirds' opening episode Trapped in the Sky

oh the series that got me quipping all sort of lines and phrases in various Scott Tracy dramatics: "Virgil! Pull up!" Always a marvel at the model work involved but also just how the series looked. Sometimes hard to imagine at its basic it's a puppet show. A great soundtrack to boot. Slight discrepancies (the pod vehicles in theory should be quite small next to Fireflash but end up dwarfing the nose) matter little. Might revisit Captain Scarlet...
Still, how did Scott get all his gear from Thunderbird 1 to where it needed to be...

Last television show you watched - Page 17 Small_Meddings-Fireflash

Last television show you watched - Page 17 Fireflash_landing_by_Han688

"Lift...port wing!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 17 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next