More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?

Go down 
+22
Santa
Agent007391
Dr No
retrokitty
Murdock
trevanian
Walecs
Prince Kamal Khan
00Beast
hegottheboot
bondfan06
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
CJB
Control
The White Tuxedo
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
bitchcraft
AMC Hornet
Makeshift Python
Louis Armstrong
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Moore saying, "A Woman?!" when he meets Dr. Goodhead always has me in pieces.

But there are a lot of wtf moments in almost all Bond films that usually crack me up, for instance the whole safari adventure in OP, or MR all of a sudden going silent movie when Jaws meets his girl.

Or the moment I realise how outrageous the film is in the way it delivers the silliest things deadpan. That goes for more or less all Bond films.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 am

The gondola scene gives me a good chuckle. Maybe I already mention it here, but that's how I still feel about it now. It's just so bloody absurd and the source music really makes it work too. MR is just a film I always have fun with.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hans !

Hans !

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 am

When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 Shes_just_dead

"Do you mind if my friend sits this one out? She's just dead!"
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 am

Always a hoot, that line. It's moments like that that really make me want to see it in theater, just to laugh along with that with a crowd.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm

The thing about the laughter in the cinema is that most people laugh at the really obvious lines, but miss some of the more subtle ones. I'll have to think on examples and get back to you but it was more the well-known not funny lines that produce chuckles than the truly funny ones. It's early... I'll get back to this thread when the brain starts working.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:46 pm

That's true. Here's this depressing article about a screening where a bunch of youngsters laughed at the film. http://blogs.indiewire.com/pressplay/from-russia-with-love-is-not-unsophisticated-you-are
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:06 am

YES!! That article is so true. I must save it and post it everywhere ignorant movie goers go.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
That's true. Here's this depressing article about a screening where a bunch of youngsters laughed at the film. http://blogs.indiewire.com/pressplay/from-russia-with-love-is-not-unsophisticated-you-are
CanĀ“t do anything but wholeheartedly agree with the writer, both on that article as on its follow-up.
Luckily, I have a huge number of cinemas at my disposal and generally know which ones to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Hans !

Hans !

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:37 am

When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 Skyfall-daniel-craig-javier-bardem

James Bond - "Well, she never tied me to a chair."

Silva - "Her loss."
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:23 pm

There are some great lines in DAF, I still laugh even after seeing it many times.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:06 am

Jaws' facial expressions in Moonraker crack me up; for that matter, most every scene with Jaws in Moonraker...

The gondola on land in Moonraker

Some of Moore's facial expressions in Moonraker....

I just watched Moonraker about 10 minutes ago so that's freshest in my memory but Diamonds Are Forever also ranks up as the funniest Bond in my book. I think there's a lot of good comedy in the franchise, and I like to think that at least most of it is intended.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Those two films get too much flack IMO, probably because many fans just don't like having too much humor in Bond. I happen to like a lot of it in DAF and MR.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:09 pm

I annoys me how many fans can dis on DAF, TMWTGG and DAD and still count MR as a 'classic'.
DAD over the top? How many space shuttles in Graves' fleet? (And his satellite was not covered in diamonds - just look at it, instead of making assumptions).
GG looks 'cheap'? Only compared to TSWLM.
Then they dis on Britt Eckland, Denise Richards and Halle Berry, without mentioning Tanya Roberts.
I get that MR was supposed to be entertaining to as broad an audience as possible, but I still prefer to laugh along with the cast and crew while watching a film, rather that at their effort afterwards.
I think a Bond film should inspire a nasty chuckle now and then (eg: "Butter-hook" and "He might even use one of those little golden bullets on you - and that would be a pity...because they're very expensive.", rather than forcing belly-laughs from children when Jaws survives another near-fatal crash.
Skyfall didn't make me laugh - it made me cheer here and there, the way I think a Bond film should.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Quote :
I get that MR was supposed to be entertaining to as broad an audience as possible, but I still prefer to laugh along with the cast and crew while watching a film, rather that at their effort afterwards.
How doesn't that apply to MOONRAKER? I have no doubts that the Gilbert and co didn't take the film very seriously. There's nothing as po-faced and worthy in it as the Colonel/General Moon scenes (plus slo-motion death).

Quote :
Skyfall didn't make me laugh - it made me cheer here and there, the way I think a Bond film should.
Think you're in a minority there. I along with the rest of the cinema audiences laughed at most of the gags.[/quote][/quote]
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Think you're in a minority there. I along with the rest of the cinema audiences laughed at most of the gags.
Yup, I'm with ya here.

@Python I also think DAF and MR are a great time...if that's what you were getting at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?   When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

When have you honestly laughed out loud at a Bond film?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3