More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

B&B Banner/Theme

Go down 
+29
saint mark
Big Boss
AMC Hornet
lachesis
6of1
Moore
Vesper
j7wild
Toppers
tiffanywint
James Bond
Lazenby.
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fort Knox
CJB
Makeshift Python
Control
bitchcraft
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

What banner design do you prefer?
Louis Armstrong and Sharky's pop art design (Bowie, Connery, Hendricks and Hitchcock)
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Vote_lcap80%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Skyfall's gunbarrel
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Vote_lcap20%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Neither
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Unless M is a member of the Rajneesh or an orange lodge it's hard to understand why he chose this livery. Maybe he's lostand needs a beacon.

Scroll back the last few pages and you'll see that I suggested it, and take full blame.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 pm

I think the light reds worked better.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:02 pm

I don't remember that.

BTW, I'm more concerned about the quick reply box being taken away. What's that about?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Scroll back the last few pages and you'll see that I suggested it, and take full blame.

Where were you on 22 November 1963?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:39 pm

M - I'm loving the green/red. Please keep it.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

Where were you on 22 November 1963?

Dressed as an orange in the Zapruder film.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Are you responsible for the current BondandBanana look?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Maybe M can try a creamy banana yellow hue and see if that works better. Think Roger Moore's jumpsuit in TSWLM.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Now we're a subsidiary of National Rail...
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUfb_SHrMscu6WPjUIQct8wjycaAHGXHGOfRY72jKucP_Tw8AWHQ

Haven't watched this one in a couple years....me forget....

Hate this quote function...
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:31 pm

I understand some people may or may not like the look of the forum (seeing how it has reverted back to its old design), but I think after months and months of talk of change, we need to just make the change and stick with it.  Not everybody is going to like, that's natural.

But what's the point of all this talk of change when the change is made and we just go back to the original template? Might as well just stick with the forums as is and forget all this mid-life crisis stuff.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Moore wrote:
I understand some people may or may not like the look of the forum (seeing how it has reverted back to its old design), but I think after months and months of talk of change, we need to just make the change and stick with it.  Not everybody is going to like, that's natural.

But what's the point of all this talk of change when the change is made and we just go back to the original template? Might as well just stick with the forums as is and forget all this mid-life crisis stuff.

Right. It does feel like we're always just going to revert back to this whole scheme. The only change that has really stuck was the Dalton background. If the new background didn't quite work, change it to something else new instead of reverting back. I'm really sick of seeing this blue scheme returning so much.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 am

I thought the sherbert orange was unsightly...

I really like the new punched up blues:

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Screen10
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 1
The one blue is brighter, the other one is darker. Bright and bold is good. Less floundering around in mild tones.

My one big idea for a layout is rather drastic. I think if the board is going to be rebranded, the rebrand should reflect what is DIFFERENT about us as a Bond community. What sets us apart:

1. More laid back atmosphere
2. Popular opinion more skewed towards classic film (even if modern blockbusters are discussed)
3. Lots of non-Bond discussion

So, my idea is to try evoking the bright and bold colour of 60s Bond advertising. Something like this:

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Tumblr_kpnzj9uva51qzpycao1_500

It would be a big change... The new colour and design would create a breezier atmosphere, while skewing towards a 'classic' feeling. It would show where the community's broader sensibilities lie, and hopefully pull in members who share those sensibilities.

Bright colour, bold contrast, with some kind of 60s pop aesthetic, is what I'm getting at. That's my idea. This is something, just to give an idea, that I threw together sloppily:
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Drop_o10
It might be more charming if it used cutouts.

If this image is disagreeable, then other old Bond art should be looked at. It's a goldmine.
Try looking here: http://illustrated007.blogspot.ca/

For something less kitsch, but still warmly coloured, I've also suggested doing a manilla folder layout, like the menus in GoldenEye 64:

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 2752202aaa

The important thing here would be textures (folder grain, stamps) and staying away from gold and shit-brown. I think all this would be a distinct theme for a Bond board.

Right now, we look a bit like the love child of MI6 and AJB... a real change would be good.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 am

The pink-green-organge-pink combo looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 am

Love these ideas. The pink/green/orange image probably needs 3 or so more images (maybe yellow, blue and aqua?) to work as a banner. I can attempt the GE64 colour scheme, which I like, but the only problem there is that beige or gold can look like shit brown to some viewers but not to others, so it's a tougher balance than it seems to get right.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Louis Armstrong is spot on with both his ideas and the colours. Retro optimism is exactly the look this place should go for. It's very distinctive. 

There's no point in this board trying to be a poor man's Den of Geek, but this would be something different.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Yeah, I much more prefer the orange, pink, etc.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm

I don't know what colour palette is available to M, but the current attempts to emulate Louis Armstrong's retro look use primary colours that make the place look like a plastic Fisher Price nursery. I'm sure that's not deliberate, but if this is to be a lifestyle forum it needs to have an air of sophistication.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm

M's colour schemes keep returning to a rich vomit orange.

I'm using a retina display iPad and it looks foul. Does it look less repulsive on LCD or something?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:47 pm

The higher resolution does it more justice.

That said, LA's suggestion of Warhol-esque pop art is the best I've heard yet. I'll have one final crack at a banner (FWIW I'm only using the online pixlr, which has many features of Photoshop but not all) - but I again I'm only a amateur.

Hope Jobe will eventually pick up the call.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Tumblr_kpnzj9uva51qzpycao1_500

Ok, I'm working on a banner based on that. I've currently got cutouts of Bowie and Connery-Bond. Any other suggestions? Kate Bush? Patti Smith? John Barry? Hitchcock?
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 pm

You're doing cutouts? I do like Scarlett in the Avengers. She's hot and also makes a good representation of modern blockbusters.

Christina Hendricks in Madmen might represent modern TV well (along with the obvious sex appeal).

Btw, I'm glad you guys like the idea!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Anyone got an image like this that includes her left elbow, and preferably against a white background?

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Christina-hendricks2
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 pm

http://images.wikia.com/madmen/images/1/16/Christina-hendricks.jpg
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Great, thanks. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

B&B Banner/Theme
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next