More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

My thread got locked (on that other forum)

Go down 
+7
Louis Armstrong
Ravenstone
Gravity's Silhouette
bitchcraft
Control
Fort Knox
Stamper
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

My thread got locked (on that other forum) Empty
PostSubject: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 pm

WTF? I post a thread, about all the hints in CR and POS that Are dropped about M possibly being Bond's mother or surrogate mother... And the thread is locked because someone gave an answer that the mods considers final?!

I'm off that other board, fuck the nazis mods, forums are made so that people can express themselves, not be denied any discussion and debate.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Which forum?

Either way, feel free to start your thread here if you like, Herr Stamper.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:47 pm

The other one. You would think with Ian Fleming calling his Mother M and all the hints in the last two films, that with Skyfall and it's storyline coming, it would warrant a small thread;)
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Stamper wrote:
The other one. You would think with Ian Fleming calling his Mother M and all the hints in the last two films, that with Skyfall and it's storyline coming, it would warrant a small thread;)

I'm guessing it was on Mi6?

One major rule to follow on Mi6: never mention Ian Fleming, because nobody knows who the fuck he is.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Control wrote:

I'm guessing it was on Mi6?

One major rule to follow on Mi6: never mention Ian Fleming, because nobody knows who the fuck he is.

No, the other one with the black board and reddish font....I myself thought it was a bit odd to lock it.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:45 pm

I just checked CBn's new layout for their main site. I can't believe it's even uglier than before.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, the dark side of the force one. I'm offended. Watching the making of Dr No while drinking a martini ti recover.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Control wrote:
I just checked CBn's new layout for their main site. I can't believe it's even uglier than before.

Agreed. Talk about devolution.

It may make for great discussion to kill some time between now and the release of SKYFALL, but the series would truly have shred every bit of credibility with me if they make M his literal mother. It would also mean that M watched her son having sex with Christmas Jones on her laptop. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:50 pm

The hint is, she was the mysterious person who funded his Eaton days... surrogate mother.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Stamper wrote:
The hint is, she was the mysterious person who funded his Eaton days... surrogate mother.

I don't see it. That might have made sense if one person has been writing and directing the films ala Christopher Nolan, but I don't think Mendes had this in mind when he took on directing duties.

You bring up interesting points, but ultimately I think it will come to nothing. M being Bond's mother would be on par with having a black or a gay Bond, which would mean the end of my fandom as far as I'm concerned. Once EON chooses to go down that route, it's all over for me. And I just think it doesn't add any value to the series or push the narrative forward to have M be Bond's mother.

I think Silva and Bond know each other, though, and it' s something personal.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:53 pm

In certain episodes of other 'spy' series I've watched - I can only remember some episodes of The Professionals now, but I'm sure I've heard it on other programmes - the Controller was referred to as Father by the agents. The MI5 agents referred to their Controller as Father; the CI5 agents referred to Cowley as Father. So I don't read anything into anyone calling M Bond's Mother, because it's no different to the previous M being called his Father.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
In certain episodes of other 'spy' series I've watched - I can only remember some episodes of The Professionals now, but I'm sure I've heard it on other programmes - the Controller was referred to as Father by the agents. The MI5 agents referred to their Controller as Father; the CI5 agents referred to Cowley as Father. So I don't read anything into anyone calling M Bond's Mother, because it's no different to the previous M being called his Father.

In ALIEN the Nostromo artificial intelligence was called "Mother", and in Resurrection it was referred to as "Father". Any references to M being Bond's mommy in Skyfall are probably meant in a derogatory fashion.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 pm

That's my reading of it as well. As long as it doesn't descend into a raft of "your momma" jibes, that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Control wrote:
You mean that overrated racist? Bond came from humble beginnings. I think we can all agree he wasn't very good. Bond was a lot more epic in the movies, which Flemming didn't even help to write.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: q   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Control wrote:
You mean that overrated racist? Bond came from humble beginnings. I think we can all agree he wasn't very good. Bond was a lot more epic in the movies, which Flemming didn't even help to write.

I can only hope this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:
Control wrote:

Assuming it's not a joke, what bothers Louis more? That Fleming is "overrated" or that he was a "racist"?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Stamper wrote:
WTF? I post a thread, about all the hints in CR and POS that Are dropped about M possibly being Bond's mother or surrogate mother... And the thread is locked because someone gave an answer that the mods considers final?!

I'm off that other board, fuck the nazis mods, forums are made so that people can express themselves, not be denied any discussion and debate.

Hehe!

Welcome to my world, Herr Stamper!

tongue laugh
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:
Control wrote:

Assuming it's not a joke, what bothers Louis more? That Fleming is "overrated" or that he was a "racist"?

It's a joke.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Control wrote:

Flemminger was also a homophobe.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Control wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:
Control wrote:

And a misogynist.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Looks like he more faults than the San Andreas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   My thread got locked (on that other forum) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Control wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:
Control wrote:

And a misogynist.

And a sexist, as well as a relic of the Cold War.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thread got locked (on that other forum)   My thread got locked (on that other forum) Empty

Back to top Go down

My thread got locked (on that other forum)
Page 1 of 1