More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0

Go down 
+34
Santa
GeneralGogol
saint mark
Toppers
hegottheboot
Lazenby.
Ravenstone
Fairbairn-Sykes
Loomis
dr. strangelove
Gravity's Silhouette
trevanian
j7wild
Vesper
Salomé
Seve
bitchcraft
HJackson
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Blunt Instrument
Drax
FourDot
tiffanywint
CJB
Control
lachesis
Jack Wade
Hilly
Prince Kamal Khan
Manhunter
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Didn't know Seagal was a dentist.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:55 am

Harmsway wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
I don't even think the idea is explored well in what I saw.
LIMITLESS' conceives of supergenius as being what consumeristic, hedonistic contemporary American culture considers the "ideal" male to be: well-dressed, wealthy, suave, sexy. What a woefully boring conception of super-intelligence.

Burger's a boring fella. The Illusionist was more than reason enough for me to not see Limitless.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:05 am

Neil Burger should collaborate with film composer Chris P. Bacon (SPACE CHIMPS, GNOMEO AND JULIET).
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:00 am

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

I'm a novice when it comes to Holmes, but I'll bet this is basically the Daniel Craig equivalent. Regardless I found this to be an above average blockbuster. I enjoyed it, thought it looked nice, I liked the cast. I just thought it moved along quite nicely and was very amusing.

Can't wait to see A GAME OF SHADOWS, if only to see Jared Harris.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:27 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Seagal's most violent film, Killswitch....2 of the best scenes...hey, I couldn't say no to getting 9 of his films for $20 :face:

I don't know anbout "best" but certainly nasty

fat Steven trying to make up in grind house gruesomness what he has sadly lost in agility and real martial arts skill

give me the lean young Segal of "Nico - Above the Law" any day
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:30 am

Am I the only person who finds Ritchie's Holmes films to be catastrophically dull? There's more giddy thrills in the Rathbone films. Seriously.

Give me The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes or The Seven Per-Cent solution anyday. Or even The Great Mouse Detective.

Harris is literally the only remotely worthwhile thing in A Game of Thingos.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Sherlock Holmes (2009)

I'm a novice when it comes to Holmes, but I'll bet this is basically the Daniel Craig equivalent. Regardless I found this to be an above average blockbuster. I enjoyed it, thought it looked nice, I liked the cast. I just thought it moved along quite nicely and was very amusing.

I only saw that one in theaters but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely give it a rewatch before seeing GAME OF SHADOWS.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:03 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
SPELLBOUND is your favorite Hitchcock? It didn't make a big impression on me. Aside from the dream sequence, of course.
Harmsway wrote:
I've only seen SPELLBOUND once, and like Tux, I didn't love it. I should see it again, though.

The first time I watched it a few months back, it just clicked right away. This viewing just knocked it to the top. At worst it ties with REAR WINDOW, which I'll always love for getting me into cinema.

But yeah, I love SPELLBOUND. It sums up everything I love about Hitchcock's cinema. Great use of music (even if Hitchcock himself hated Rózsa's score, I think it adds as much to SPELLBOUND as Herrmann's score adds to VERTIGO) and humour (Brulov is probably the funniest character in any Hitchcock film I've watched). Hecht's script in general is brimming with wonderful dialogue and the plotting, ridiculously straightforward psychology and all, is compelling. It's also probably the most visually expressive of Hitchcock's American films as well - all of those POV shots, that hideously disturbing shot after the slide down the handrail which is more effective than anything in PSYCHO (even made the smug, laugh-happy crowd I saw SPELLBOUND with audibly gasp), the intense lighting on Peck when he leaves the bathroom with the straight razor, and the shots of it hanging at his side as Brulov goes back and forth. I don't find Hitchcock's American films anywhere near as beautiful, visually, as the work he did with Bernard Knowles at the end of his English period, but SPELLBOUND (and, if I'm remembering correctly, REBECCA) is an exception.

Harmsway wrote:
I'm seeing VERTIGO on the big screen on Wednesday. Can't wait.

...as is VERTIGO, which I can't appreciate fully on DVD (the colours seem very dull to me) but would love to see in a cinema at some point. I get to see some rickety prints of NOTORIOUS, REBECCA, and NORTH BY NORTHWEST over the next few weeks, then the restored LODGER, but VERTIGO is higher on my list than those.

Last edited by HJackson on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 am

I watched SPELLBOUND earlier this year. My second viewing and I liked it a lot more. Not sure I can call it top tier Hitchcock but I thought it was an entertaining piece of cinema and with one of the best scores I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, it seems very much like I'm in a minority for admiring SPELLBOUND as much as I do. At least I'm not up against any outright hatred for it - better to be considered an inoffensive minor work than an outright turd.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Sherlock Holmes (2009)

The earlier film is nicely balanced fun but I found the second to be an obnoxious stupid pos, but its a fine line from one to the other I guess and much depends on the individual.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 pm

HJackson wrote:
...as is VERTIGO, which I can't appreciate fully on DVD (the colours seem very dull to me)[
Could it be your television settings? The VERTIGO DVD I have looks particularly lush and colorful on my TV.
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:56 pm

River of No Return

While the story feels a bit conventionally 'adventure tale' with a dramatic backgound story to the hero I'm not sure I can fully appreciate, it is nevertheless a fine film overall, with great scenery, well shot action scenes (if one can call them so), and decent acting. Marilyn looks gorgeous here, and I also prefer her here to the other movies I've seen her in actingwise. Mitch is competent as usual. I don't know what to make of the fact that
Spoiler:
It feels contrived and I don't know what to think of its moral implications. So, I'm a bit undecided as to the film's quality. It certainly is nowhere near as compelling as GOLDEN ARM, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm 45 minutes into EXTREMELY LOUSY AND INCREDIBLY CRASS. It's already trumped CRASH as the single worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

I. Hate. This. Movie.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

von Sydow's character doesn't speak, but I wanted him to shout to the kid, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 pm

This movie is like what 9/11 would be like in the Wes Anderson universe.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 pm

That's an insult to Wes Anderson.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

This movie was written by an adult who can't write for children.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:11 pm

The kid watches the tower collapse, and then he collapses. I hate this movie.

Sorry for the mulitple posts. I need to share my pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA#t=14s
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
That's an insult to Wes Anderson.

and double.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 180px-Sybok
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Finished it. Wow. The single worst and most offensive film I have ever seen. It just keeps getting worse, and worse, and worse, and worse. Unbelievable. I want to punch Stephen Daldry in the balls. And I'm the guy who liked THE HOURS.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Watch THE READER. Not as laughably bad, but still.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Secret of my Success

a film so 80's it makes John Hughes' output seem Shakespearian. Or some guff. I honestly watched for Richard Jordan and it's surprising he did this film saying he didn't seem to be one for doing films for the sake of it. Maybe he needed a swimming pool. Indeed, lookout, there's Fred Gwynne though curiously my thought of his heyday flashed to his appearance as "The Stomach" in Bilko.
Jordan gave his all which is what he always did and funnily I want to check out The Friends of Eddie Coyle etc.
You know I entertain the notion of this Raise the Titanic remake and thinking of someone 'plain enough' or such guff for Pitt I now think of Ron Livingston. It's I hope a better plain than my Siddig/Batman suggestion.

look squirrel.

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EddieCoyle01
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Watch THE READER. Not as laughably bad, but still.

And you know the only reason EXTREMELY LONG AND INCREDIBLY CRUSTY got nominated is because of Daldry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next