More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team Empty
PostSubject: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 pm

A high school senior is believed to have become the first girl to play quarterback in a Florida regular-season game, taking two snaps Friday night.

Erin DiMeglio, the third-stringer from South Plantation High School, checked in with about 1:40 left in her team's 31-14 win over Nova. Both of her snaps came from the shotgun formation, and she handed the ball off each time before being replaced in the final seconds.

While no official records are kept on what positions girls have played in the past on Florida high school teams – about 500 girls have suited up for boys' squads across the state over the years – DiMeglio is presumed to be the first quarterback to get on the field.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/erin-dimeglio-florida-girl-high-school-football_n_1848401.html

----------------------------------------------------------

Granted, she only got two snaps, it was from the shot-gun formation, and it was after the team had secured the win and only had a minute of play left on the clock....basically the coach put her in when he thought he had nothing to lose. However, women just do not belong in this game. It is a man's game and if she really wants to play that bad she should find, or form, an all-girls team. With the NFL having to defend itself in a class-action lawsuit from players regarding concussions, how can a girl be allowed to play football? And what happens if she happens to throw a touchdown pass and her team mates start slapping her on the butt in a celebratory gesture like they always do amongst themselves? Will Gloria Allred be on the sideline blowing a whistle and throwing a flag for sexual harassment?

There are other ways she can support the team if she wants to be a true athletic supporter: cleaning the locker rooms, washing their uniforms, towels and jockstraps, refilling their Gatorade bottles, picking the mud off their cleats, getting their meals ready. But she shouldn't be out on the field. It's too dangerous for a woman to play this sport. They should stick to synchronized swimming or beach volleyball.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 pm

I cannot see a woman succeeding in a team sport like football for one major reason. It's impossible to create locker room chemistry with someone from the opposite sex changing their as well. She would be leered at and objectified if she changed with the boys and ostricized and isolated if she changed somewhere else.

Until men and women can take group showers together without sex mattering a la STARSHIP TROOPERS, team sports will never be unisex.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:03 pm

We should all look to STARSHIP TROOPERS as an example.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Tubes wrote:
I cannot see a woman succeeding in a team sport like football for one major reason. It's impossible to create locker room chemistry with someone from the opposite sex changing their as well. She would be leered at and objectified if she changed with the boys and ostricized and isolated if she changed somewhere else.

Until men and women can take group showers together without sex mattering a la STARSHIP TROOPERS, team sports will never be unisex.

laugh I was more concerned with her inability to throw the ball, the inability to throw a block at a 300lb defensive lineman, the inability to take a hit from a 300lb defensive lineman, the inability to run down the field with the ball....I mean, unless this girl has been taking massive amounts of testosterone injections, I don't see how she's ever going to hope to keep up with the real players.

There was a recent case involving a 300lb 12-year-old that was ruled ineligible for Pee Wee football (his family sued to overturn the ban) because he's too heavy in a league where the cut-off weight is around 135. Now how is this 110lb girl going to be able to withstand a punishing hit from a 6'3", 220lb cornerback coming at her on a blitz at full speed?

It's also unfair that she'll be allowed to wear at least one extra pad that the guys won't be allowed to wear.

And what happens when she gets a look at pictures of herself and begins to complain that the uniforms make her hips look big? Will the school have to redesign the uniform? What about the equipment? Will it have to be modified in order to retain her supple, firm, pendulous, 17-year-old breasts?

This is just all kinds of wrong. This wouldn't be happening if schools hadn't quit teaching Home Economics.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Considering there are female football leagues out there, I'm sure the ladies can take a hit. If she can't, she will find out real quick during practice. I've played basketball with some ladies and they can be just as rough as men.

I'm more concerned about the chemistry of the team than if she'll survive a hit. If a woman makes it far enough to play in a football game with men, then she probably can.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:55 am

Tubes wrote:
Considering there are female football leagues out there, I'm sure the ladies can take a hit.

Yeah, but they're taking hits from other women; that's different. The only time a man should hit a woman is when she doesn't get his beer from the refrigerator quick enough.

Besides, girls don't need to be playing the same sports as boys do, even if it's an all-girls team. Playing sports can lead to a woman thinking she's a man, and that can lead to her deciding she doesn't need a man in her life, and then of course that leads directly to voting for herself, wearing flannel, and driving a pick-up truck (if you know what I mean).

Quote :
If she can't, she will find out real quick during practice. I've played basketball with some ladies and they can be just as rough as men.

She could be a man. I"d suggest that this football team request a DNA test of the girl to see whether or not she's born with both genders, like that South African track runner from a few years ago who turned out to a man.

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 am

There was a girl on our football team in middle school. She held her own, but then again, weighed far more than 110 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Tubes wrote:
Considering there are female football leagues out there, I'm sure the ladies can take a hit.
Besides, girls don't need to be playing the same sports as boys do, even if it's an all-girls team. Playing sports can lead to a woman thinking she's a man, and that can lead to her deciding she doesn't need a man in her life, and then of course that leads directly to voting for herself, wearing flannel, and driving a pick-up truck (if you know what I mean).

Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team 350x2110
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team   Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl Plays Quarterback on Boy's HIgh School Football Team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: