More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Change of Forum Organization

Go down 
+2
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Change of Forum Organization Empty
PostSubject: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:33 am

James Bond is a literary character. Yes, the films featuring him are far more well-known and popular. But he was born in the mind of Ian Fleming, and given life in the pages of the original novels of the 1950s and 1960s. Those novels are the source of our fandom, and the discovery, discussion and enjoyment of them can be one of the most rewarding aspects of being a Bond fan.

So what was the thinking behind tucking the novels section of this forum away with "video games, toys and other merchandise?" Should discussion of Fleming really be rubbing elbows with discussion of just how disappointed we were with the goddamn Wii remake of GoldenEye 007? Or the release of some new Bond themed cologne? Or a thread on just which special features the new 50th and 1/2 Anniversary Blu-Ray Ultimate Remastered Unlimited Collection will include??

Really, guys? Really??
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:51 am

Not just that, but I don't like how Film Scores and Soundtracks was merged with Music, either.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:59 am

Good point FS, it always occurred to me but somehow I always forgot to bring it up. The literary section should definitely be its own instead of being cobbled together with merchandise (which wouldn't exist without the novels). If I am elected co-Admin I will work into reorganizing the literary section. ;)
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm

No more Film Makers' Corner...
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:33 pm

The novels are definitely deserving of their own slice of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
No more Film Makers' Corner...

That's another lousy move.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah, I noticed that went away a long time ago and sort've assumed it was because hardly anyone posted in it, which is understandable if unfair.

But I draw the line at finding discussion of the original form of our hero lumped in with "other" as if the novels were equivalent to licensed toothbrushes.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am

I'll change this, as I agree wholeheartedly with FS here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of Forum Organization   Change of Forum Organization Empty

Back to top Go down

Change of Forum Organization
Page 1 of 1