More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!

Go down 
+9
Saunders...V Section
Salomé
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
The White Tuxedo
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! Empty
PostSubject: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 am

Quote :
In an interview with the BBC, British actress Gemma Arterton has revealed that James Bond producers regretted killing off her character Strawberry Fields in the last 007 outing "Quantum of Solace".

"I just met Barbara Broccoli in the corridor and she said, 'I wish we hadn't killed you off'. It would have been so good to come back," Arterton said.

Landing a Bond Girl role was a whirlwind for the (then) 21 year-old actress. She adds, "It was my second movie and I just remember feeling it was a dream ... There was a really good vibe on set and it was a great time."

And joking about her "awful" sex scene with Craig, she reveals, "It was my first scene, my first day on the set ... and I remember not really knowing what was gonna happen, and then Daniel Craig just started kissing my back and I was like, 'Oh my God,' but then had to pretend that I was cool about it ... He's (Craig) a lovely guy, so he made it very easy."

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10482&t=mi6&s=news

I reckon it's time for her to pull off a Maud Adams.

Bond 24: The Property of a Lady. Gemma plays "The Lady" and she's the lead Bond girl.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:12 am

Nah.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 am

They could kill her off in every film like SOUTHPARK's Kenny.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:49 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Quote :
In an interview with the BBC, British actress Gemma Arterton has revealed that James Bond producers regretted killing off her character Strawberry Fields in the last 007 outing "Quantum of Solace".

"I just met Barbara Broccoli in the corridor and she said, 'I wish we hadn't killed you off'. It would have been so good to come back," Arterton said.

Landing a Bond Girl role was a whirlwind for the (then) 21 year-old actress. She adds, "It was my second movie and I just remember feeling it was a dream ... There was a really good vibe on set and it was a great time."

And joking about her "awful" sex scene with Craig, she reveals, "It was my first scene, my first day on the set ... and I remember not really knowing what was gonna happen, and then Daniel Craig just started kissing my back and I was like, 'Oh my God,' but then had to pretend that I was cool about it ... He's (Craig) a lovely guy, so he made it very easy."

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10482&t=mi6&s=news

I reckon it's time for her to pull off a Maud Adams.

Bond 24: The Property of a Lady. Gemma plays "The Lady" and she's the lead Bond girl.

To me it seems more logical that Agent Fields would have become Moneypenny rather than Harris' Eve. Or was EON not thinking that far ahead? I mean, she had 5 minutes worth of screen time. Was her oily death really that necessary?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 am

When they released this image:

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! 70198025quantum-of-solace-gemma-arterton-strawberry-fields-jpg

It reminded me of Lois Maxwell's Moneypenny:

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! Amoney11

But when I saw the film, she was more Bond girl material than Moneypenny. Still, she can be dressed to look more like Moneypenny, and would gladly have her on board for the role. However, she's too high profile now for such a small role. She can still come back as another Bond girl - probably a lead, and make her look like this:

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! 38868_gemma_arterton_gq_7_122_130lo
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:52 am

Babs was probably just being nice to her.

I don't mind Fields one way or the other, though she does nothing for me in that department. What I hate is M yelling at Bond for having sex.

Bond is evil because he has a penis. America is evil too. Bond needs to get his comeuppance. Viva Castro.

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! Wenn2510
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am

I just hope EON don't go for some plot contrivance to bring Strawberry Fields back - ie, that the dead girl was really Strawberry's hiterto-unmentioned and conveniently-identical twin sister, Virgin. Or that the whole death was staged to give M a pretext to withdraw Bond from Bolivia that he would not argue with (thus explaining why there is no oil anywhere in the room except on Fields). Or that Quantum captured her, put a doppelganger in her place and then attempted to brainwash her into becoming a double agent (because what's one more plot hole?).

The White Tuxedo wrote:
What I hate is M yelling at Bond for having sex.
She's not yelling at him for having sex.

She's yelling at him because she believes he's having sex with impressionable young women, and then taking advantage of them by using them to do dangerous things - things that result in their deaths.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 am

Quote :
I just hope EON don't go for some plot contrivance to bring Strawberry Fields back - ie, that the dead girl was really Strawberry's hiterto-unmentioned and conveniently-identical twin sister, Virgin. Or that the whole death was staged to give M a pretext to withdraw Bond from Bolivia that he would not argue with (thus explaining why there is no oil anywhere in the room except on Fields). Or that Quantum captured her, put a doppelganger in her place and then attempted to brainwash her into becoming a double agent (because what's one more plot hole?).

They wouldn't do that. No Bond films aside from CR/QOS have been sequels. And Joe Don Baker, Maud Adams, Walter Gotell, Martine Beswick, Charles Gray and Shane Rimmer all played entirely different characters on their second go, so I don't think they'll venture down that path - especially when they rejected the idea of Goldfinger's identical brother (played by Gert Frobe) for Diamonds Are Forever.

Gemma can easily return as another Bond girl. I think she'll still be at a good age between Bond 24 and Bond 29.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 am

Sure, but with the reboot are they gonna try to pull off some of those old tricks? Will they go back to recasting Leiter for every appearance he makes? Besides the actress who played Ling in YOLT making an appearance on CR, so far reusing actors for different parts within Craig's films hasn't been done yet.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 am

You never know.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

The White Tuxedo wrote:
What I hate is M yelling at Bond for having sex.
She's not yelling at him for having sex.

She's yelling at him because she believes he's having sex with impressionable young women, and then taking advantage of them by using them to do dangerous things - things that result in their deaths.

But it was M who sent that "impressionable young woman" into harm's way. I wish Bond had responded thus. It will never happen under the current regime.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Fields is a poor character, Arterton gives what is probably her worst performance as an actress, not to mention the misguided attempt at an homage that was her demise. She's one of the Bond girls I'd much rather forget about. She's not Christmas Jones bad, but she gets close enough.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 pm

And like a grenade in a bowl of stoffpot, Salomoppers returns.

:)
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

I've been back for a bit now, Khanners, it hurts my feelings you've not noticed my return... tongue
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Salomé wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I've been back for a bit now, Khanners, it hurts my feelings you've not noticed my return... tongue

You hadn't really returned until you began posting about Bond again.

:*h*:
Back to top Go down
Saunders...V Section

Saunders...V Section

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm

I think The White Tuxedo is right, Babs was just being nice in her lovely gushing way, I bet she says the same to every two bit actor/actress that they've killed off that she bumps into...well okay maybe not Pierce, she probably just laments with him that they didn't finish DAD with a bullet in his smug, fat face...but I digress, personally I didn't mind Strawberry Fields getting knocked off, in fact I'd go as far as to say I found the scene with her lying on that bed all lubed up rather erotic and a highlight of the film.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 pm

laugh

Glad to have you back mate. Help yourself to an avatar.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:38 am

Mr Osato believes in a healthy chest.

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! 4c3e91389d9872e0611dad708d1c8e38

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! Osato-Charcoal-Suit
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Oooh, let's start a pics thread of hot women ... maybe topless? It's not like it would get deleted in an act of OTT prudishness or anything!

Oh, hang on ...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Yeah I was looking for that thread... Seems to have just disappeared...

Still, saw this thread, and wouldn't object to more Gemma pics.

And her return to the Bond series.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 am

Just waiting on President Trump to pardon Jay Seven so this forum may once again be a nipple-ful nirvana.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 pm

J7 hasn't a hope, even Trump can recognise someone more batshit than he is. He's never getting out.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 am

Gemma Arterton vows to never return to the Bond-o-verse. Haven't you learned, sweet Strawberry? Never say never again.

sad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4386574/Gemma-Arterton-took-Bond-Girl-working-class.html
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Gemma Arterton vows to never return to the Bond-o-verse. Haven't you learned, sweet Strawberry? Never say never again.

sad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4386574/Gemma-Arterton-took-Bond-Girl-working-class.html

Is "wussy" some sort of censorable vulgarity in Britain? I see they censored it in the article.

Anyway, I never thought of Gemma as "working class" or "poor" because Strawberry Fields didn't come across that way. But Gemma certainly looks it now if the cover of that magazine is any indication.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 am

She certainly does in that cover, but looks anything but working class in the other images.

I imagine if Arterton was pressed with a Bond script as compelling as Skyfall's, she'd reconsider a return. I can't imagine any actress would froth over a role about five minutes long and two whole minutes of that she is covered in chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!   Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond producers regret killing off my gal! And rightfully so!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next