More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

House of Cards

Go down 
+10
Largo's Shark
Chief of SIS
GeneralGogol
Makeshift Python
Vesper
Jack Wade
Hilly
Control
The White Tuxedo
Harmsway
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

House of Cards - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:41 am

Season four is good. I think you have to come to grips with the fact that this show is supposed to be trashy if you want to like it. That doesn't really forgive its weaker seasons (two and three) but it makes this one much more palatable and actually pretty strong.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:09 am

Stopped watching this halfway through the second season, but always intended on going back. I enjoyed the first season and Spacey and Wright were always on form from what I saw, so maybe should catch up...
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:16 am

I really liked Seasons One and Two but didn't check into Three due to the negative reviews and rather blah sounding plotlines I've read about. I'm glad to hear they've rebounded a bit with Season 4 though judging from what I've read so far.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 6:30 pm

So is this going to be a show without an ending? Not clear to me whether HoC S6 has been cancelled altogether or if production has been temporarily suspended.

Seems a long time ago now, but HoC Season One was the reason I subscribed to Netflix. The show went downhill fairly rapidly therafter, but remained fitfully amusing until the lowpoint of S5.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-house-of-cards-shiutdown-20171031-story.html
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
So is this going to be a show without an ending? Not clear to me whether HoC S6 has been cancelled altogether or if production has been temporarily suspended.

Seems a long time ago now, but HoC Season One was the reason I subscribed to Netflix. The show went downhill fairly rapidly therafter, but remained fitfully amusing until the lowpoint of S5.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-house-of-cards-shiutdown-20171031-story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRUHGnN29s
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 9:11 am

There are some rumors that the halt in production is to do some rewrites which will get rid of the Frank Underwood character and shift the focus to Claire Underwood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 am

Murder and intrigue I can tolerate but not the US spelling of rumours.  arse whip

In case you didn't bother with S5, Frank moved to become the power behind the throne so that refocus might have already been planned. Not that he would have been a sleeping partner (for want of a better phrase). That said, I expect Robin Wright might want to pursue other opportunities in any case; HoC seems to have rejuvenated her career. Unlike so many other established actresses she has made the transition to post-middle age very successfully. I thought she was one of the better actors in BR2049.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 10:47 am

I haven't seen any "House of Cards" since season one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 10:49 am

Salomé wrote:
Easily the best season, but I am starved of intelligent and adult entertainment. Apart from Santa, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:32 am

Salomé wrote:

I made it halfway through season two and just never felt inclined to watch the next episode even though the intention was there. After that first episode of season two, it went downhill dramatically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Cards   House of Cards - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

House of Cards
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3