More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Technical problems

Go down 
+36
General Yuskovich
Fairbairn-Sykes
Santa
Toppers
lachesis
James Bond
j7wild
Perilagu Khan
TedHeath
Gravity's Silhouette
danslittlefinger
bondfan06
Aston_Martini
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
Fae
tiffanywint
MOO7RE
lalala2004
G section
Blunt Instrument
Ravenstone
Louis Armstrong
Vesper
Largo's Shark
Hilly
retrokitty
CJB
Makeshift Python
Moore
FourDot
Control
The White Tuxedo
Fort Knox
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

Technical problems - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 pm

ambler wrote:
I had that problem. Eventually I realised that the 'watch this topic for replies' has been turned on for all threads, see bottom right. To solve it you'll have to go through the board and turn it off manually, but really that facility need to default to 'don't watch' and that's the domain of the admins.

I've been looking into this since last week, and there doesn't seem to be any option I can use to determine whether or not people receive e-mails. It seems to be entirely the duty of the members themselves to choose their own settings and preferences upon registering to avoid unwanted e-mails being received. As only a small number of members appear to have been receiving these e-mails, I'm at the moment of the assumption that most people have been able to avoid this problem through their settings. This can be done quickly and easily via the "Profile" option and the relevant checkboxes.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:42 am

Something still needs to be done about the color of the links as the current one is black and blends too well with ordinary texts. For example my TWINE review has lots of [url=] texts but you obviously can't tell if they're links or not unless you put your mouse pointer over every words just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:41 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Something still needs to be done about the color of the links as the current one is black and blends too well with ordinary texts. For example my TWINE review has lots of [url=] texts but you obviously can't tell if they're links or not unless you put your mouse pointer over every words just to be sure.

True, but links can be made apparent if you use the underline function as well.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:

I've been looking into this, and the only solution is obviously changing the colour of links to a different colour (for example, blue), but the downside is that every single link on the forum (topics, thread titles on the front page, etc) will then be that same colour (for example, blue). I'll try to find a suitable colour which we can use for links yet still maintain a well-presented layout elsewhere without ugly colour clashes. In the meantime, it may be best to either underline or bold (or both) any links you post.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 pm

I think we should go with red links, M.

I've got a few problems here that I need some help with.

The first is not being able to have Firefox save posts and PMs in cookies/cache, so that if I accidentally click on a link, go back or forward, or click preview/while followed by the internet connection going (this happened the other day) - it stores the text when I return to the page.

The second is that this forum has been taking ages to load any page, over the last 24 hours. It's making posting very difficult.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Sharky wrote:
The second is that this forum has been taking ages to load any page, over the last 24 hours. It's making posting very difficult.
Yes, I had that problem as well. Seems to have been sorted now, though.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:50 pm

ambler wrote:
Sharky wrote:

By the next day, it's all over .With no hangover.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Sharky wrote:
ambler wrote:
Sharky wrote:

By the next day, it's all over .With no hangover.

Just the blackmail note, the photographs and that dreadful guilty feeling.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:24 pm

I just seem to have been allowed to post here again following what must have been at least a week or maybe two spent banned or blocked from posting here. M is still blocked from his OWN FORUM here as far as I know, unless his ban/block has been lifted along with mine. Don't know how the bans/blocks came about, but it seems more than a coincidence that the two people "praised" in a couple of posts here for "setting up this place" are the two who get blocked/banned. Maybe somebody somewhere has a grudge to bear and a very long arm, I don't know.

Myself and M were/are even blocked from posting in the FORUMOTION help forums to even report our problem, thus we've spent the last week or so back and forth in e-mails trying to figure a way around the problem to the point where we even starting coming up with elaborate payback schemes to return the favour to those responsible for our hiatus! But I'd like to think we're all better than that around here and simply respect people's right to post or browse wherever they like without fear of childish complaints/sulking/jealousy/ramifications.

Anyway, I just hope M can get back in as well next time he tries or we've still got a problem here.

Great to see the site still going strong though. Although maybe a few more new members or a bit more publicity wouldn't go amiss, because the fact I've been allowed back in probably means that any "punishment" for anything somebody may have complained about with regards to the creation/existence of this place should presumably now be spent. Onwards and upwards......

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Christ, you were banned -actually blocked by someone? I confess to thinking you had been absent for other reasons. Hopefully it's sorted. We should be better than grudges and payback but part of me thinks if it's someone from outside we should...do something. Hopefully M can get in or it's defo a serious thing. Hell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm confused - how do you get banned from your own site????
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
I'm confused - how do you get banned from your own site????

That's a bit of a puzzler that one, because I'd have assumed that if a complaint had been upheld then the entire site would have suffered for it and maybe get shut down. Instead, perhaps somebody thought taking a "just nail the ringleaders" approach might "do the trick"..... I honestly don't know. But I do know that M hasn't been able to do a thing here for the last week or so, and perhaps still can't, we'll have to wait and see. Me and M seem to have appeared to be "logged in", but only according to the userlist at the bottom of the screen, all our posting abilites and PMs were off-limits as the top navigation bar still displayed as us being logged out, thus not even the OPTION to send a PM. Hilly was partially right in that I'd been distracted by other things lately, so I'd already gone a few days without logging in here before returning to find myself blocked, hence me being unsure whether this was a week or two-week block. Anyway, I've e-mailed M to tell him I'm back in and suggesting he try the same ASAP, touch wood he'll be able to get back in here as well.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
I just seem to have been allowed to post here again following what must have been at least a week or maybe two spent banned or blocked from posting here. M is still blocked from his OWN FORUM here as far as I know, unless his ban/block has been lifted along with mine. Don't know how the bans/blocks came about, but it seems more than a coincidence that the two people "praised" in a couple of posts here for "setting up this place" are the two who get blocked/banned. Maybe somebody somewhere has a grudge to bear and a very long arm, I don't know..

That's not good news. I hope you get things sorted.

Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:44 pm

:scratch: Some strange goings on. Hope it's the last of them.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:11 pm

How very odd..... I hope that something is figured out, because that's kind of worrying about what more could be done outside your control...
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Only administrators have the power to ban/suspend members, though.

How many admins are on this site?
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:20 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

M's the only admin, as far as I'm aware. I assume all the mods can only edit stuff on the boards, just posts, because that's all I've been allowed to do when I've had Mod powers.

But Forumotion own all of these forums, I'd assume. It's them who let people create forums, so I'd guess they've the power to do ANYTHING on a certain forum if there's trouble or reports of such.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:06 am

I was wondering why you weren't around Lazenby, I thought you might have been getting bored of this place. Glad to see that was not the case but now suspicious of what the hell is going on around here.

Bastards, leave our forum alone and go back to your facebook.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:30 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

M's the only admin, as far as I'm aware. I assume all the mods can only edit stuff on the boards, just posts, because that's all I've been allowed to do when I've had Mod powers.

Yeah, mod powers are limited. Plus, we've got no interest in fucking this place up like the other joint. laugh

Very odd, though.

Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Well, it seems I've been allowed back in. I didn't think it would ever happen, but I tried logging in again today just for the hell of it and everything seems back to normal. Strange.

I don't post much here, but it's still insulting to be banned from a forum you've put a lot of time into setting up and not being given any explanation at all when your account gets locked.

Hopefully this will be the end of it. I've just e-mailed Forumotion to see if they can tell me what happened, so I'm just waiting for their reply.

Thanks for everyone's patience, and I'll respond to the backlog of PMs ASAP.

Back to top Go down
MOO7RE
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
MOO7RE

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:07 pm

M wrote:
Well, it seems I've been allowed back in. I didn't think it would ever happen, but I tried logging in again today just for the hell of it and everything seems back to normal. Strange.

All I had to do was send them my respects (Yuri and Ivan) and problem's solved.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Good to see you back at last MOO7RE!

I must have received about eight PMs ordering me to "Send an e-mail to MOO7RE" a while back, and even after I'd done that, I then get asked "Are you sure you spelt the e-mail address correctly?" laugh

Hopefully the forums can pick up even more now, though it's still been very steady anyway. Great job done by so many of the posters here, and it's always very amusing reading through the posts on here. No wonder somebody somewhere seems to have wanted the Admin banned, as I can see why this place is considered as competition to other forums, given just how good the posts and posters here seem to be. Still, that's no excuse for the competition being underhanded about it.

Anyway, to echo what someone else said, onwards and upwards.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:26 pm

So, M, you think that someone contacted Forumotion to have action taken against you? I don't think anyone on this site has the power to suspend accounts, right?

Unless James Page is bribing a saboteur with a free subscription to "Mi6 Magazine". With the way that's selling, he's got plenty of copies to give away.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
So, M, you think that someone contacted Forumotion to have action taken against you?

I really hope not, but I can't think of any other explanation, given that Lazenby was banned as well. He thinks that somebody somewhere saw the pair of us as the ringleaders, so maybe someone thought that banning or supending us both would get them somewhere? I can't be certain though, but hopefully Forumotion will reply to me and tell me exactly what happened.

Mr. Brown wrote:
I don't think anyone on this site has the power to suspend accounts, right?

On these Bond And Beyond forums, only an Admin can suspend an account. But Forumotion could easily take action against any forum or members who may be crossing certain lines (illegal, destructive or grossly offensive activity or anything that could be construed as such, I'd guess), and I'm 99% sure they'd be able to ban or suspend members from any of their given forums, especially if there was demand for it from higher powers.

Mr. Brown wrote:
Unless James Page is bribing a saboteur with a free subscription to "Mi6 Magazine". With the way that's selling, he's got plenty of copies to give away.

Mo money, mo problems. But, with the ban lifted, somebody somewhere must now think these forums are okay, so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe we've dodged the biggest bullet anybody was likely to fire at us.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Interesting. I don't think we've crossed many lines in terms of content here. Yeah, we've posted some pictures of tits, but nothing that could be considered "vulgar".

Good to have you and Laz back, though, and I think that verifies that we're now in decent standing; I'd assume if you two were canned for good, then that would indicate Forumotion obviously having a problem with the site.

As a protective measure (and I haven't checked the terms and conditions lately), perhaps we should indicate that this site is for members 18+, and anyone joining below that age is doing it on their own accord, removing the admins here of any responsibility in that area. I'm not saying that I think there would ever be a problem with the younger members around here, but, just to be safe...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical problems   Technical problems - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical problems
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next