More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute

Go down 
+21
hegottheboot
jet set willy
Prisoner Monkeys
Captain Arthurs
GreatKenji
Tubes
Gravity's Silhouette
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
saint mark
Moore
Largo's Shark
Control
Blunt Instrument
Toppers
Vesper
CJB
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
j7wild
Perilagu Khan
Jack Wade
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 am

Python wrote:
Give it him, I say.

They should be able to afford it I would guess.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Is there a vid of the Oscar noms being announced?

Edit: Can watch a vid of the live announcement of nominees on IMDB.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Python wrote:
With the 50th anniversary passing by, this could be their only chance to ever get on stage together. You'd think Sir Sean is at least happy to be part of a legacy that has lasted as long as half of cinema's lifetime. It's time to suck up that Scottish stubbornness for just one time I think. Stand up with Craig, take a bow and then leave it all behind for good. It's a better way of going out than NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, which even Connery hated.

Agreed. The continued woe-is-me routine has gotten beyond silly, not to mention petty.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/academy-president-defends-oscars-controversial-online-voting-says-more-members-voted-for-nominees-than-ever-before/

Quote :
The Academy has already announced a special tribute to James Bond‘s 50th will be part of the show, but producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron told me this morning it will be very different than what might be expected and that it doesn’t involve bringing the Bond actors together on stage.

I'm expecting some shoddy performance or musical tribute. Lots of men in suits running around, grabbing girls and toting guns.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

And Neil Patrick Harris as Bond.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:36 pm

That, or something equally ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am

You're dealing with the producers of CHICAGO and SMASH, you're probably not far off laugh
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Adele will be performing "Skyfall" at the Oscars:
http://www.billboard.com/news/adele-to-perform-skyfall-at-the-oscars-1008110572.story
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm

The last time the Academy did a Bond tribute...

Quote :
Amazing what you can do with a budget of 4p and a packet of wine gums these days..

laugh
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Was that meant to be funny?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Was McFarlane meant to look Asian?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Fuck.

Seth MacFarlane is the root of a lot of the world's problems.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The last time the Academy did a Bond tribute...

Quote :
Amazing what you can do with a budget of 4p and a packet of wine gums these days..

laugh

They really captured the essence of what James Bond is: a sci-fi themed Mardi Gras float.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 pm

All I got from that teaser is not to go drinking with Seth McFarlane, because he clearly doesn't know how to mix drinks.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/02/08/oscar-first-shirley-bassey-bringing-goldfinger-to-show
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/02/08/oscar-first-shirley-bassey-bringing-goldfinger-to-show

Looks like ABC is going to force me to watch the Oscars.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
GreatKenji

GreatKenji

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Quite remarkable, I'd have liked for them to make a complete release of every single Bond score, but at least I'm going to be watching the Academy Awards this years. I also hope they pay homage to the late Marvin Hamlisch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/GreatKenji
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

GreatKenji wrote:
Quite remarkable, I'd have liked for them to make a complete release of every single Bond score, but at least I'm going to be watching the Academy Awards this years. I also hope they pay homage to the late Marvin Hamlisch.

My concerns about the tribute to Bond go one of two ways: #1 either the tribute will be very campy, and full of ham and cheese (like the 1982 tribute) or it will be über-serious and will take all the fun and enjoyment of out the series (with heavy-handed tributes to Bond's evolving views on women in the workplace and environmental issues). There will probably be no happy medium, but I suspect option #2 is the more likely scenario. I think the days of ridiculous, over-the-top musical numbers and tributes stopped after Rob Lowe sang to Snow White back in the early 90's/late 80's.
Back to top Go down
GreatKenji

GreatKenji

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Damn, I hope they don't screw it up this time. It'd be lovely if Thomas Newman gets an Oscar, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/GreatKenji
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Is Pierce Brosnan going to hold out? Is there even anything to hold out against? The "rumor" is that all six Bonds will appear together on stage, but we've also heard a variant of that rumor for years regarding a wide variety of Bond related events. Personally, I do hope they manage to get all the Bond actors on stage except Brosnan, because his hold-out would confirm to me my reaction to his reaction when he lost the job: that he's a huge Texas Women Anglers Tournament.

I double-dog dare this man to turn down the franchise that made him a movie star and rescued him from doing straight-to-vhs and straight-to-USA Network projects. Go on Pierce. I dare you to be the stick in the mud. Go on and screw the fans!

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/james-bond-oscars-reunion-pierce-brosnan-video/
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Maybe Brosnan was referring to Connery there? He was happy enough to be in the Everything Or Nothing docu, after all.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 pm

None of the Bond actors are going to be appearing on the stage.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Is Pierce Brosnan going to hold out? Is there even anything to hold out against? The "rumor" is that all six Bonds will appear together on stage, but we've also heard a variant of that rumor for years regarding a wide variety of Bond related events. Personally, I do hope they manage to get all the Bond actors on stage except Brosnan, because his hold-out would confirm to me my reaction to his reaction when he lost the job: that he's a huge Texas Women Anglers Tournament.

I double-dog dare this man to turn down the franchise that made him a movie star and rescued him from doing straight-to-vhs and straight-to-USA Network projects. Go on Pierce. I dare you to be the stick in the mud. Go on and screw the fans!

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/james-bond-oscars-reunion-pierce-brosnan-video/

Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 Battery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute   Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oscars to feature James Bond 50th Anniversary tribute
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next