More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?

Go down 
+23
hegottheboot
Toppers
Manhunter
saint mark
FourDot
lachesis
British Vulture
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
bondfan06
Hilly
Santa
Tubes
j7wild
Salomé
Moore
GeneralGogol
Control
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
Largo's Shark
Loomis
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
British Vulture

British Vulture

Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 am

It is number six for me! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Easily Craig's best to date imo and definitely top ten material - atm just outside the top 5 but of course, it is still very fresh and new, the next hurdle is for it to weather the wrath of time.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:24 am

Top 5, behind OHMSS, TLD, FRWL, and GF.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:44 am

Certainly a top 3 movie when it comes to the Craig series, but overal none of Craigs would feature in my top 10 at all.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Maybe it's just a phase, but I haven't watched Skyfall in a month and am fed up of the Adele song...so right now SF is not one of the films I'd reach for.

Oddly enough, I never get tired of the Roger Moore films.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:56 pm

SKYFALL is number 2 for me after OHMSS. I think it really is that good!
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Maybe it's just a phase, but I haven't watched Skyfall in a month and am fed up of the Adele song...so right now SF is not one of the films I'd reach for.

Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 Rogerx
Good girl.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Indeed. Roger Moore is a charming presence on-screen as James Bond.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Not odd at all it shows great taste.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Last time I checked it was somewhere in my top five. Not too sure about my top three though.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:20 am

In the top three...of the worst.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 am

I've reassessed Skyfall a bit. It is entertaining. So it achieves its primary goal and is probably above a significant number of the Moore entries, Quantum of Solace, and quite a few of the other average films. That said, I don't think it's top three. Too many contrivances and at times sloppy plot developments  for it to be top 3 material. The lack of escapism in its second two acts doesn't help. I'll take Turkey, the Afghan desert and The Bahamas over it.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:14 am

Vesper wrote:
I've reassessed Skyfall a bit. It is entertaining. So it achieves its primary goal and is probably above a significant number of the Moore entries, Quantum of Solace, and quite a few of the other average films. That said, I don't think it's top three. Too many contrivances and at times sloppy plot developments  for it to be top 3 material. The lack of escapism in its second two acts doesn't help. I'll take Turkey, the Afghan desert and The Bahamas over it.
I agree with this... Hi, Vesper.

It was playing last night as part of the Bondathon at a local cinema but we skipped it. When we first saw it, I found it not as silly as some of the ones right at the bottom of my list but there was too much spoonfeeding and it seemed to me more like an ad for the next film than a good film on its own.  

I may see it again in the future but after nine Bond movies in five days, we were too pooped to allow ourselves to be ticked off.  We endured YOLT, Spy and FYEO in two nights. That's gotta count for something. tongue
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 pm

It certainly cannot rank ahead of the best Terence Young Bonds. Nor The Living Daylights. I'd probably have it slightly behind Goldeneye.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:18 pm

I easily rank Skyfall ahead of Dr. No and Thunderball. ;)
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Walecs wrote:
We watched Thunderball a few months ago on DVD. I really thought it would be one of the last times I watched it in a while due to the length of the underwater fight and a few other niggly things.

But seeing it at the cinema gave me a new love for it. The underwater scenes were amazing - clearly made for a larger screen - and there is so many more little things to notice more easily. This is going to expose me as a fan but not fanatic... but ... I'd never seen the dog peeing in the carnival parade before. :oops: 
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Walecs wrote:
Easily? :shock: 
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:01 pm

What's so shocking about that? I agree with it btw.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:25 pm

My copy (pre-ordered from Amazon) of Leonard Maltin's new 2014 Movie Guide arrived today. I was stunned to note that he's given SKYFALL four stars out of four. Stunned because a perfect **** rating in Maltin's book is a rarity and a great honour - I think it's given to only a couple of new films every year (this year's Best Picture winner, ARGO, "only" gets ***1/2 in the book, and so far I've only noticed one other new four-star flick, namely LIFE OF PI) - and because he has never before awarded a Bond film ****, not even something like, say, GOLDFINGER (which gets ***1/2).

So there you go: going by Maltin's star rating system, SKYFALL is nothing less than the best James Bond film ever. It's also the best in the series since, erm, OCTOPUSSY, which was the last Bond flick to get ***1/2 from Maltin.

Using Maltin's system, my own rating for SKYFALL (if anyone cares) would be **1/2.
Back to top Go down
KyBondFan

KyBondFan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:56 pm

Not in my top 3...or 5.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:57 am

Still not a top 3 film overall...but not among my least favourites either.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:36 am

Not top 3 or 5, though definitely in my top 10.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?   Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here consider Skyfall an all-time top three Bond film?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion-
Jump to: