More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?

Go down 
+22
Loomis
lachesis
Vesper
CJB
6of1
Gravity's Silhouette
Big Boss
Ravenstone
Fort Knox
Fae
Harmsway
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Jack Wade
Santa
Moore
Makeshift Python
Control
bitchcraft
Tubes
Hilly
Largo's Shark
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Fae wrote:
Why is that hard to believe?

I am completely mature. /sarcasm

I have no idea.

:| ☀
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
We've lost Harms.

Sent me a PM about half an hour ago on how he's out of sync with the community, and can't see the tide turning.

Would be a shame. Hope with time he reconsiders this decision.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Looks like we've lost 2 members who each crossed the 2,000 posts mark.

I'm wondering who the complainants were...do they even post at all? Will they be taking up any of the slack? Might have just been better to block their access to threads instead of spoiling the fun for everyone else.

I can agree with much of the sentiment GS expressed. If B&B has to bend over to appease a bunch of whingers, it's not going to be fun posting here.

June exams are around the corner...I've been tutoring some students who are doing a couple papers in a UK based Accounting qualification and will be a bit absentee while I channel some 'last lap' attention there...

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:59 pm

6of1 wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
We've lost Harms.

Sent me a PM about half an hour ago on how he's out of sync with the community, and can't see the tide turning.

Would be a shame. Hope with time he reconsiders this decision.

Indeed, always valued his input since the KTBEU days.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:40 am

We are who we are -- a small, "niche" corner of the Bond community. A redesign wouldn't hurt, sure, but other than that, I don't see our identity changing much.

We're here because of Bond so I think it would be unwise to completely rebrand and ignore that, if that's what's being considered. Yes, things die down between Bonds, but that goes for MI6, CBn, etc., too. But given we're the third-biggest forum in the community at best, the fact that we're still relatively active right now given the size of our community ain't all that bad.

Maybe ditching the news and political discussions would help, but that's a point that's already been brought up. Other than that, I got nothin'. I think we're being too self-conscious. We should just be what we are. That's the reason I'm here and not MI6.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:40 am

Too bad about Harms. I hope he comes back.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:24 am

I think that the moderation on BaB is rather unfair. It seems like some members get banned, while other favourites stay under the protection of their moderator friends and allies, posting things which are infinitely worse. I've seen similar things occur over at some of the other Bond forums, though I expected rather more from BaB. I can see how there is no parity of esteem here at all. For members like Gravity's Silhouette to be leaving should be a wake-up call to all and sundry on BaB that they really need to get their act together and have responsible members, responsible moderators and equality for all members, old and new, with both high and low post counts. Otherwise, expect to lose more members. I may be new, but I see the way that the wind is blowing here on BaB.

--The Butler.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:17 am

Bare this in mind:

Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. We must be mad, literally mad, as a forum to be permitting the outflow of so many loyal members. It is like watching a forum busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we if we allow this state of affairs to continue.

--The Butler.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:48 am

The Butler wrote:
Bare this in mind:

Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. We must be mad, literally mad, as a forum to be permitting the outflow of so many loyal members. It is like watching a forum busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we if we allow this state of affairs to continue.

--The Butler.

Unfortunately, the Forum B&B is foaming with much blood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:54 pm

CJB wrote:
The Butler wrote:
Bare this in mind:

--The Butler.

Unfortunately, the Forum B&B is foaming with much blood.

Yes, I agree. I'm just channelling my inner Enoch Powell, but I'm sure you knew that! Like the Roman I am filled with much foreboding. I can see the River Tibris foaming with much blood.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:17 pm

The Butler wrote:
I think that the moderation on BaB is rather unfair. It seems like some members get banned, while other favourites stay under the protection of their moderator friends and allies, posting things which are infinitely worse. I've seen similar things occur over at some of the other Bond forums, though I expected rather more from BaB. I can see how there is no parity of esteem here at all. For members like Gravity's Silhouette to be leaving should be a wake-up call to all and sundry on BaB that they really need to get their act together and have responsible members, responsible moderators and equality for all members, old and new, with both high and low post counts. Otherwise, expect to lose more members. I may be new, but I see the way that the wind is blowing here on BaB.

--The Butler.
Who has been unfairly banned? I'm only aware of a couple members getting the banhammer. j7, for example, had more than enough chances to correct his behavior before he got the boot.

I'm sorry to see GS go but he left on his own accord. I don't want to get too much into the circumstances surrounding his decision to leave, but no matter how he spins it, I don't think some of the language he used in his political opinions would look too welcoming to prospective new recruits. And I don't just blame GS -- the political threads around here tend to result in members embroiled in nasty discussion, including myself, which is why I think we need to considering doing away with them.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:24 pm

I agree about the handwringing, generally.

I don't think censoring political threads/banning them is smart at all. How boring. I don't really think any of the political discussions wound up seeping into other parts/discussions on the forum. I could be wrong. But so long as what goes on in political threads, stays in political threads, I don't see a problem with having them in the future.

Frankly, I think we need to focus a lot more on the BEYOND than the BOND. I am not saying we should not discuss Bond - it's the uniting interest of all the members - but I think using an interest in the BOND films as a base for an open-ended and varied discussion forum, where most topics can be talked about - is not just something that makes sense in terms of where most of the forum activity is (especially between films) but that also makes this site far more distinguishable from the other Bond sites out there where discussion of everything BUT Bond is almost verboten or certainly minor compare to the films.

If a prospective member wishes to discuss the meaning of the Tosca scene in QUANTUM OF SOLACE, there is probably a thousand threads, with a thousand posts, by a hundred members, at CBn and MI6. We can't compete with that.

If they want to have an open political debate where any point of view is welcome, or an in depth conversation about a non-Bond film or novel, or talk about the pros of shaved/bushy vaginas, then that's something we can offer that other forums cannot.

Go with the comparative advantage. Move the Beyond forums above the Bond ones. See how it goes. I think it will be good.

I also think increasing the needs for admin approval for threads or boards isn't the solution. Stuff like that has a tendency to scare off new members rather than keeping them around.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm not too crazy about hiding certain sections either. Only reasonable one I thought was making the Bottoms Up club for members who have reached a certain amount of posts, as a way of showing they earned the privilege of talking about what boobs they like. I think the political threads should at least be put on hold temporarily, after things have settled down. If you're not happy about it, just get your political kicks at a Greg Gutfeld fan forum for the time being. Meanwhile, there's more to BAB, or at least there should be.

Also, does setting the forum private from guests really help? All we've gotten from that were SILHOUETTE MAN clones. Doesn't help that the policy in BAB is in a constant sate of flux out of fear of no new members joining. Let's just let this place be itself, try to create various discussions enough to at least show guests that this is a place worth joining discussion, as opposed to having potential members and veterans turn away because of infighting over how this place should be run.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:06 pm

I think making the forum inaccessible to non members is self defeating and can only lead to diminishing membership. Perhaps some particular items should be reserved till people subscribe but for the most part it is better to be seen and recognised for what you are.

Likewise restricting individual sections from subscribing members (save the moderators threads) is also imo a bad idea, the fact that some of us don't contribute to a particular thread doesn't mean it isn't of value to them and by no means is it a case that they will never do so (like me and this thread I just visit once a blue moon etc). What is needed is a greater understanding of what certain areas might contain, a rider that ensures that you enter at your own risk and with minimal recourse should you object to something you see there.

All in all there is too much nannying going on, ensure people are informed but do not restrict freedom. The world is a complex place, nice people can hold some objectionable views and objectionable people can hold nice views. While I recognise moderation is needed the fact remains that everyone has an ignore function, and it is a human ability not a forum button and that ability is something people need to be encouraged to exercise rather than rely on other mechanics to compensate for what really amounts to a lack of their self control.

If you demand someone must be banned or feel it necessary to use the ignore button (aside from alleviating your inbox) I think the problems really lies with yourself. The internet may be making us all paranoid and thin skinned but there is still a difference between 'sticks and stones' and 'calling names' let the rational mind prevail....for once!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Good point. Maybe we can keep the news and political threads going as long as they're more closely moderated.

As for the ignore function, it's all fine and dandy, but if you find yourself in a nasty political debate, for example, with a mod ... well, you can't put a mod on ignore.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Politics threads are notorious for going off track, they should not be a part of the future of BaB. I think this is the policy on all of the other forums that I post on.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:40 pm

The Butler wrote:
I think that the moderation on BaB is rather unfair. It seems like some members get banned, while other favourites stay under the protection of their moderator friends and allies, posting things which are infinitely worse.

Care to post some examples?
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
We've lost Harms.

A pity. This place will be significantly less interesting without Harmsway.

Personally, I've never had any problems with Bond and Beyond (or CBn, for that matter), but if quality members keep leaving I can't see myself spending much more time here either.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The Butler wrote:
I think that the moderation on BaB is rather unfair. It seems like some members get banned, while other favourites stay under the protection of their moderator friends and allies, posting things which are infinitely worse.

I won't be naming any names, but I'm sure you know who I'm referring to.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The Butler wrote:

Silo'.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm

The Butler wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
The Butler wrote:

I won't be naming any names, but I'm sure you know who I'm referring to.

In your rather oblique statement you've accused me, Python and Hilly of cronyism. I'd like some concrete examples.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Well, j7wild for one. I didn't name any moderators by name, so there's no need to take things so personally. I've just been observing from afar shall we say. I can see the wood despite the trees, you might say.

Last edited by The Butler on Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:58 pm

The Butler wrote:
Well, j7wild for one.

Protected or unfairly banned?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:00 pm

If j7 was protected, what hope the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The Butler wrote:
Well, j7wild for one.

Protected or unfairly banned?

I don't know all the circumstances, though I doubt he was protected. Perhaps he'd run out of chances? It gives a bad image to newcomers to air one's dirty linen in public. I think it was the right move to remove the politics threads - they don't really thrive on some of the other Bond forums - they tend to get closed a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?   What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do YOU Want Bond & Beyond to Be?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next