More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Craig in the torture chair scenarios

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Craig in the torture chair scenarios Empty
PostSubject: Craig in the torture chair scenarios   Craig in the torture chair scenarios EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:37 am

Two films. Two chairs. Two villains. One Bond. One scenario shows Bond being tortured physically to get a passcode; the other to keep Bond from attacking while Silva updates OO7. Both scenes have two lines of dialogue of note:

"Now the whole world is going to know that you died scratching my balls!" - Bond to Le Chiffre

"What makes you think it's my first time" - Bond to Silva.

Both have said to be a detriment to the scene/Bond's characterisation…

As mentioned, I feel as though the line in the CR scene cheapens the sense of threat, and of course the genius in the scene Fleming wrote in the novel. Plus, it can be seen as crass, and something I don't normally see Bond as saying - Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan would not have said this (I don't believe anyway). Whereas the scene in SF shows Bond hint at homosexuality - well that's what the press and fan forums lead me to believe before I actually watched it. Of course this changes the characterisation of Bond. Let it be known that I have nothing against gay people, but Bond is an established character and Bond's not gay. That said, I don't actually think Bond is admitting to anything here, rather trying not to respond to Silva's attempts to make him uncomfortable.

What's your take on this? Which do you like better.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Craig in the torture chair scenarios   Craig in the torture chair scenarios EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:18 pm

I don't think Craig's Bond is gay - I'd have no problem if he were, but since he fell in love with Vesper, I think he's straight.

I think that the line spoken to Silva was either to make him uncomfortable or as a nod to CR scene.
I wish Silva's sexuality and his relationship with Bond would have been explored further (I'm not suggesting a love scene between Bond and Silva, of course).

I like the line in CR because I see it as Bond trying to comfort himself during such a crude moment. Just like his "such a waste of good scoth" line in Skyfall, it was just to soften a sad moment, and to not show his weakness.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Craig in the torture chair scenarios   Craig in the torture chair scenarios EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:24 pm

In the next film, there will be a scene where GayQ invites his boyfriend to the office.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Craig in the torture chair scenarios   Craig in the torture chair scenarios EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I simply took those responses as Bond trying to provoke his torturer than anything else.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Craig in the torture chair scenarios   Craig in the torture chair scenarios EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 am

Same. It was pretty obvious that Silva in particular was trying to unsettle Bond, and that Bond was just returning the serve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig in the torture chair scenarios   Craig in the torture chair scenarios Empty

Back to top Go down

Craig in the torture chair scenarios
Page 1 of 1