More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!

Go down 
+87
right idea, wrong pussy
Brick Tamland
TedHeath
hegottheboot
Thunderpussy
Secret Treaties
dirtymind
Just In J
lachesis
Triviachamp
secretagent007
Aris
saint mark
mattjoes
Napoleon Solo
dodgecunningham
Klaus Hergesheimer
Santa
JeremyDuns
clublos
Harmsway
dalton
Capsule in Space
EyelessCougar
AMC Hornet
Gravity's Silhouette
Righty007
Chief of SIS
Aston_Martini
Lobelia Overhill
bitchcraft
JohnDrake
Miles Messervy
Captain Arthurs
jet set willy
MBalje
FG Wells
Seve
Perilagu Khan
6of1
Krilencu
Blunt Instrument
w7
Vesper
SJK91
danslittlefinger
Klown
HJackson
Mr Bond
GeneralGogol
Mr. Trevelyan
Chigawa
Salomé
Sleeper
Fairbairn-Sykes
tiffanywint
Satorious
Ravenstone
Jack Wade
CIS
Chang
Tubes
Drax
Moore
retrokitty
Toppers
lalala2004
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
bondfan06
FourDot
Isis
Largo's Shark
James. C
The White Tuxedo
colly
Makeshift Python
CJB
groucho070
Louis Armstrong
MOO7RE
Control
Hilly
Fae
Fort Knox
Lazenby.
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

I'll give you a hint, tiffy. It is a conflation of two characters from two Hollywood films which came out within the last five years.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
I'll give you a hint, tiffy. It is a conflation of two characters from two Hollywood films which came out within the last five years.

This might be it.

"Kowalsky"- Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino

"Ed Tom" - Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 pm

06 has bowled me out. Jolly good show, podner.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:29 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
06 has bowled me out. Jolly good show, podner.

Yes Jolly good. Great name. Two very inspiring characters especially Clint's Kowalsky.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Just spent an hour looking round during which no one made a single post. A shame as some of the early threads are damn funny. What the hell happened? Like the bomb dropped.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but occasionally this damn nuisance thing called Real Life intrudes.

And I have one of those terrible things called a deadline. Another 40,000 words minimum before the end of the month. Grrrr.....

By the way - completely off-topic - can anyone recommend a word processing programme for writers? Only I'm getting heartily sick of MS Office Word 2003 being slower than a slow thing on a go-slow.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:11 am

stupidwhiteman wrote:
Just spent an hour looking round during which no one made a single post. A shame as some of the early threads are damn funny. What the hell happened? Like the bomb dropped.

Basically, a lot of us know each other from other forums, so our tastes in Bond films are known. We do still debate about our differences, but not as much as we used to. We will, however, begin to debate more again, once input from new members arrive, along with news about Bond 23. Maybe you could post in the sections so we can get to know you better, and see where you stand.

Welcome to the forums! If you have any queries do not hesitate to send me a personal message :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:46 am

Ravenstone wrote:
can anyone recommend a word processing programme for writers?

Try Hari 2.0. It automatically looks for quotes from gifted writers then seamlessly incorporates them into your own work.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:45 pm

stupidwhiteman wrote:
Ravenstone wrote:

Try Hari 2.0. It automatically looks for quotes from gifted writers then seamlessly incorporates them into your own work.

I hope you're not serious. Ravenstone doesn't need plagiarism to succeed, and I'm sure she has far too much character to plagiarize under any circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:37 pm

stupidwhiteman wrote:
Ravenstone wrote:

I'll have to try that out.

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:

I hope you're not serious. Ravenstone doesn't need plagiarism to succeed, and I'm sure she has far too much character to plagiarize under any circumstances.

Awww - bless. Thank you for that!
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 am

Ravenstone wrote:
Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:

Awww - bless. Thank you for that!

Are you writing a novel? That sound like a must read....based on your scribbles in these parts ;)
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Chang
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chang

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 am

stupidwhiteman wrote:

It seems someone called 'Ambler' left and everyone stopped posting on a regular basis. Never been on a forum where one person has that much influence. Usually a forum has a selection of characters, idiots, followers, trolls/spammers and the vast majority who are there to relax and enjoy. Without Ambler this forum appears lost.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Chang wrote:
stupidwhiteman wrote:

It seems someone called 'Ambler' left and everyone stopped posting on a regular basis. Never been on a forum where one person has that much influence. Usually a forum has a selection of characters, idiots, followers, trolls/spammers and the vast majority who are there to relax and enjoy. Without Ambler this forum appears lost.

I don't think that's true at all. For a forum of only 93 members, BaB is reasonably active.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

Are you writing a novel? That sound like a must read....based on your scribbles in these parts ;)
Good luck!

Awww *sniff* you guys.....

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:06 am

Ambler is legend. We soldier on without him. He will reappear when the stars and moon line up just right.
In the meantime Rave has felt compelled to write a book about him and his risque exploits - or maybe Rave is writing a cook book or Rave's Favourite Gardens of Europe :flower:
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:55 am

I'm still not quite clear as to why Ambler felt taking a break from here over the summer meant deleting his account, deleting pics from Photobucket etc.

Seems a bit ... melodramatic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:11 am

He had to have some weight around here. I don't think i've seen his name here since I joined, but i've been in empty rooms with more activity.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 am

In the end, as he'd always been, Ambler was just another guy at his computer, like the rest of us - more vocal, more involved than most of us, but not indispensable... And if he comes back, great, if not, its hardly the end of the world - I'd hate to think this place grew as some sort of pilgramage to Ambler. ;)

And dare I say, Taffer, for someone who's posted 6 times in 3 months you're hardly helping our "empty room" syndrome. ;)
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Its easy to get the activity up. We have lots of members and girl members too, unlike the other site which as far I can tell has exactly zero female members. 👅

Amber's legacy is he brought Baker Street and the women along with him 8)
Now he's vanished. The mystery only fuels the legend. Kind of like the Spacey character from Usual Suspects.
Is Ambler even real? :shock:

==Everyone can just post 4 or 5 posts a day, in any thread that catches your interest.

We are all Bond buffs and movie buffs, so there should be no shortage of topics that invite a response.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:57 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

In the meantime Rave has felt compelled to write a book about him and his risque exploits

No-one would believe me

Quote :

- or maybe Rave is writing a cook book or Rave's Favourite Gardens of Europe :flower:

I'm not a garden person, to be honest. Bushes leave me cold.

tiffanywint wrote:

Amber's legacy is he brought Baker Street and the women along with him 8)

And - God knows - we weren't cheap.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 am

Ravenstone wrote:

Quote :
- or maybe Rave is writing a cook book or Rave's Favourite Gardens of Europe :flower:
I'm not a garden person, to be honest. Bushes leave me cold.
OK not an Ambler Baker Street tell all, or a picture book of bushes.
That leaves cook book or racy killer lesbian vampire fare. :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Chang wrote:
stupidwhiteman wrote:

I don't think that's true at all. For a forum of only 93 members, BaB is reasonably active.

As far as I could gather from comments he made, Ambler left because people had already stopped posting or weren't posting enough for his liking. His departure was likely due to the lack of activity, not the cause of it. I completely understand his frustration at people not posting much, even if I don't agree that depriving us of a damn good member is the answer.

And, lest we forget, Harmsway left around the same time, so maybe the two departures are linked in some other way completely irrelevant to the post count here. And, on top of all that, there's a good four or five members here who nobody seems to know anything about, so there's every chance that Ambler and/or Harms could actually still be here. These "unknown" members registered pretty much as soon as the "view the site without having to register" feature was disabled, remember?

At the end of the day, I'm as guilty as anyone for going lax on posting from time to time, although, as Rave rightly said, we each have a life to live and other things we have to do with our time.

And Fieldster was also spot-on in noting that when big news about Bond 23 starts to come in, we'll see a huge upturn in posts as the forums will then again have the kind of big talking points which made this place flourish so superbly in March and April.

It's the same for most Bond/film forums right now, I'd assume. Unless you love watching robots transform into trucks in 3D, things are quiet. But the loyal following here will see us through times like these, I'm sure. Because people here know that when the time comes for them to post big-time again, they'll do so here in an environment and layout with which they're comfortable, without having to contend with biased, brown-nosing, bullsh*t condescending replies, warnings or having to wade through a slew of one-post puppet-member untranslatable/mis-spelt comments for their troubles. People here know their stuff, which is why discussions will really flourish here once hot topics begin to emerge and the member count rises upon the gradual increase of publicity.

The stats for this place were utterly phenomenal during March and April, during which time this place was going toe-to-toe and standing firm with big, globally-publicised forums elsewhere and even actually beating the sh*t out of a fair few of them. Pretty good going for a forum with practically zero visibility.

And Colly was spot-on as well in noting that one member doesn't make a forum. Ambler leaving sucked, yep, I loved the guy and most of his posts, but people would do well to remember that Harmsway and MOO7RE vanished/stopped posting at practically the exact same time, whilst the less-frequent posts of a few other initially-enthusiastic members (enthusiasm which was on the wane before Ambler's departure) also contributed to the slightly subdued period the forums are currently enduring.

So yeah, I miss Ambler a hell of a lot, but there's a lot of great posters here who will light this place on fire once the big topics start to turn up, I don't doubt that for a second. I still think that this place posesses roughly 70 of the best 80 posters from the old MI6 forums (or 75 if any of our "unknown" members are MI6 stalwarts-in-hiding), which is more than enough for the time being, and will be more than enough to get the best Bond discussions you'll find anywhere on the internet up and running as bigger news begins to arrive.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I for one will be keeping the faith. This is a good place. It's well-run, welll-maintained, has Admin who actually listen and give a sh*t what the members want, an absolute sh*tload of A+ posters fully capable of posting any other forum under the table, and on top of all that we have a layout that's very user-friendly and easy on the eye. And anyone who'd rather complain could do a lot worse than try to help improve the very problems they're complaining about by knocking out a few decent posts to get some balls rolling around here. There's a debate thread which has been sat dormant since last Tuesday for a start, which just requires one person to chuck a sh*t-stirring question into. That's bloody easy for someone to do if they want to break the silence around here a bit.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:54 pm

colly wrote:
IAnd dare I say, Taffer, for someone who's posted 6 times in 3 months you're hardly helping our "empty room" syndrome. ;)

I spent most of my time on here looking in the tit thread. That is where I find this forums best posts.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Ambler was a forum centerpiece. We should reinstate those free IPad 4 ads on the top of the page so we can generate some revenue and pay him to come back.

Or just send the B&B girls to his house to change his mind.

Either way, we're going to need some cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here! - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next