More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS

Go down 
+17
Lazenby.
Strangways&Quarrel
Loomis
jet set willy
Campbell4
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Moore
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
coco1997
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:51 am

Last edited by Harmsway on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:05 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Gah! I want to read it, but I don't want to read it!

It's not a big deal, to be honest. It's not like the whole shooting script has leaked or anything. Most of the pieces are things that people have guessed (or would have guessed) already, inferred either from info EON has provided, or from earlier rumors. The one or two significant bits in there would have been hard to keep a lid on, anyway (in the same way that everyone pretty much knew M would die in SKYFALL).
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 am

Well I hope from what I saw that this is regards to Logan's early draft and why he got the boot. I haven't seen all the leaked info yet, but if it is true than it certainly seems like EON has hit the bottom of the barrel in the plot department. The main conceit of the story line is pretty awful. The main problem is the motivation for the plot. Yuck. Reads like uninspired fan fiction.

Let's hope that is not true. Mendes is pretty spectacular, but I don't even know if he can pull that off.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:42 am

I can't believe we're still going on about Vesper. I thought if anything, the success of SKYFALL would have shown EON that the audience was ready to move on from the morose, forbidding, moody, malcontent QOS. Now it appears not only are we going right back to that well again, but we're going to dredge up the past three films and try to connect them all...and in the least convincing manner possible. It sounds almost like Blofeld is being given the Anakin Skywalker prequel treatment.

And I don't know whose notes those are with questions and concerns and feedback, but whoever wrote them is spot on and it's very concerning when the studio executive is telling you that he/she doesn't feel like the movie has quite yet earned what Bond does at the very end; that it feels forced.

There were a lot of criticisms that I had while Skyfall was filming, but it turned out to be one of my favorites, so I'll keep an open mind.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:45 am

I think it shows that the dynamic of having Purvis & Wade write the draft first and then have Logan do polishing is preferable to Logan trying to come up with a script/story all on his own. Certainly shows why trevanian has been very harsh and cynical over Logan's involvement since the day he was announced as a scriptwriter for SF.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:51 am

I've only skimmed over this thread but I'm assuming that the emails that were leaked were about draft copies, and like Strangelove suggested, it might not be what's involved in the final draft. Purvis and Wade were brought in very late in the game, as well as Butterworth, so changes could have been made with Mendes. And on top of that, I'm not sure they'd do that to Tanner. But then again, they did it to Mathis, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 6:54 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I've only skimmed over this thread but I'm assuming that the emails that were leaked were about draft copies, and like Strangelove suggested, it might not be what's involved in the final draft. Purvis and Wade were brought in very late in the game, as well as Butterworth, so changes could have been made with Mendes. And on top of that, I'm not sure they'd do that to Tanner. But then again, they did it to Mathis, so who knows.

I'm hoping the final draft wasn't kept on SONY's shitty databases. It would be good if Sam Mendes and/or SONY/EON issue a statement dismissing the leaks.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:10 am

EON doesn't typically keep drafts these days. They tell their writers to shred/delete them to prevent copies, as a way of preventing any leaks like the whole script for CR was. Seems that someone slipped.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 am

I skimmed through it once it became increasingly obvious that it's an early draft.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:43 am

Can someone send me the link in a PM? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:47 pm

I agree Harmsway about what you say about Mendes. I don't think Mendes would have signed on had he not been happy with the material, especially as a follow up to SF.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Wow! If this is true its a huge surprise for me!
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't think most of this will end up in the final film. It was probably an early draft with a few ideas knocking around, that have just been leaked accidentally.

If you read through early drafts and ideas of all the Bond films, going right back to Dr. No (being a monkey anyone?), the initial drafts and final versions were nothing remotely alike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Last edited by Harmsway on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Harmsway wrote:
jet set willy wrote:
I don't think most of this will end up in the final film. It was probably an early draft with a few ideas knocking around, that have just been leaked accidentally.
We can easily surmise that the central thrust has been kept (i.e., the "big twist"), given reports from other sources and what details the press conference confirmed.

The stuff about Tanner and the "smart blood," etc.? Whether that stuff made it in or not is anybody's guess at this point. The details may have shifted, but the big picture seems to be on target (particularly since two of the pagers refer to a draft that seems fairly close to what they're shooting).

So basically, Bond has midichlorians flowing through his veins in this film........ bang head
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:51 pm

I never thought I'd be happy to see P & W return. But I am. They said they were hired to do minor rewrites to add humor. I'm starting to think that wasn't the case. Filming was delayed 2 months. That's a lot of time and money to waste just to add some quips. I'm starting to think they were brought in to do some major overhauling on the script.

I have faith because of Mendes. So I hope this pans out.

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Does anyone think SONY/EON should invest US$300-350m in SPECTRE?

According to the "leak" which claims MGM was trying to curtail that and bring it down closer to $250m (which is still enormous, if true).

Solace also had a very large budget - but I didn't see the money well spent in it with its cheap CGI shit.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Last edited by Harmsway on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:43 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Does anyone think SONY/EON should invest US$300-350m in SPECTRE?

According to the "leak" which claims MGM was trying to curtail that and bring it down closer to $250m (which is still enormous, if true).

Solace also had a very large budget - but I didn't see the money well spent in it with its cheap CGI shit.

It seems extremely high. And what about marketing? Is that included? If not you're looking at about 400 million+.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next