More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS

Go down 
+17
Lazenby.
Strangways&Quarrel
Loomis
jet set willy
Campbell4
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Moore
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
coco1997
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:48 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
When I died on these forums, thank God I donated my spirit to Gravity and not to some dumbass, text-speaking medical research students whose idea of nu-Blofeld casts what was once the iconic bastion of Bond villainy as a transgender lesbian with learning difficulties who ended up that way either because of some unforetold inbreeding in the Bond household or because James got given more lollipops than poor fucking Ernst when they were kids.  It took half a dozen piles of IT'S PERSONAL shite for them to finally get it borderline right with SKYFALL. Quit while you're kind of ahead PLEASE, you mad woman. Time for some fun, you sadistic psychobabbling c*nt.

SPECTRE: TWINE PART III. (copyright Lazenby, 2015).

Well said!

I'm all for a bit of dark in Bond films, as long as its done within the context of Fleming, and to be fair to Babzy, a few attempts have translated fairly successfully in the Craig era, in scenes such as -

1) Bond pulling his bloody shirt off in the bathroom mirror while gulping down a glass of bourbon

2) Bond beaten up, tortured and recovering in hospital

3) Bond broodily downing a few drinks on a long haul flight

4) Bond debating to kill himself and Camille while surrounded by flames

4) Bond about to fire a bullet at a glass on the top of Severine's head

All these scenes work, as they are fairly close adaptations to Fleming. Where the films are starting to stray into unnecessary and silly levels of darkness, and a departure from Fleming is what we witnessed in the second half of SF, when Bond returns `home'. I also don't want any more BS poems being read out by M either, as if to portray a new depth and intelligence to the films. It doesn't need it, and again is nothing to do with Fleming.

And in SP it's seems we are straying back into this ridiculous territory again, only moreso, from what we've read so far. The trailer doesn't exactly dispel these fears either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:41 pm

JSW, when you see the film, I think you'll find that Spectre is actually (by some measure) the least "dark" Bond film of the Craig era, despite what the trailer may lead you to believe.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Just dipping in here, I avoid spoilers. But I'm not mistaken, this is the Bond fan board, yes? Yes???
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:15 pm

SarahN wrote:
Just dipping in here, I avoid spoilers. But I'm not mistaken, this is the Bond fan board, yes? Yes???

Don't worry, those who seem doubtful or Anti-SPECTRE will be first in line at the multiplex several times opening weekend laugh
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Well, glad to hear it, I'm not sure I have that much enthusiasm for Bond. Though I'll surely see to it I catch it soon after.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:55 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
SarahN wrote:

Don't worry, those who seem doubtful or Anti-SPECTRE will be first in line at the multiplex several times opening weekend laugh

I still haven't seen it yet Dog, believe it or not. From the clips, trailers, reviews, other PR stuff and some spoilerific fool basically posting the entire plot on facebook, I'm actually struggling to find a single big motivational factor to make this film a must-see. I don't have a local cinema anymore where I live now, which doesn't help. But, in all honesty, I'm just lacking motivation big-time from all I've seen and heard.

From what I've seen and heard, SPECTRE comes across as QOS meets DAD crossed with (and this is the worst part if the big plot "twist" reports are true) AUSTIN POWERS GOLDMEMBER. Sick of beige, brown and ice as well in recent Bond, the colour palette of this film looks disgustingly dull. And the awful shot of Bond escaping a CGI falling building? Are they f*cking serious? I rated SKYFALL very highly, but my overriding fear is that so much went into SKYFALL that it left the team with nowhere interesting or original left to go, either tonally or scriptwise. Hate to break an opening week attendance ritual which dates all the way back to 1981, but £10 plus travel, then finding 4 hours of spare time to see a Bond film I have such low hopes for is proving very tricky.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Now that I've endured Spectre I'm catching up on the leak threads I didn't go near at the time. They sure explain a lot. sad
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:
SarahN wrote:

I still haven't seen it yet Dog, believe it or not. From the clips, trailers, reviews, other PR stuff and some spoilerific fool basically posting the entire plot on facebook, I'm actually struggling to find a single big motivational factor to make this film a must-see. I don't have a local cinema anymore where I live now, which doesn't help. But, in all honesty, I'm just lacking motivation big-time from all I've seen and heard.

From what I've seen and heard, SPECTRE comes across as QOS meets DAD crossed with (and this is the worst part if the big plot "twist" reports are true) AUSTIN POWERS GOLDMEMBER. Sick of beige, brown and ice as well in recent Bond, the colour palette of this film looks disgustingly dull. And the awful shot of Bond escaping a CGI falling building? Are they f*cking serious? I rated SKYFALL very highly, but my overriding fear is that so much went into SKYFALL that it left the team with nowhere interesting or original left to go, either tonally or scriptwise. Hate to break an opening week attendance ritual which dates all the way back to 1981, but £10 plus travel, then finding 4 hours of spare time to see a Bond film I have such low hopes for is proving very tricky.

I think your curiousity might win out in the end but your fears might very well be justified if it fails to impress. I've been disappointed with several Bonds since 1997 myself so it won't be the first time if SPECTRE doesn't live up.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 5:24 am

I'm doing some re-reading myself actually… There's a particular email from an Elizabeth Cantillon who knows that she's talking about re: Oberhauser. Pity they didn't listen to her advice.. Same with the stuff about the nanoblood.

EDIT: And with Bond too..

It seems like these people were all over the script's issues, but didn't care about rectifying it.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 5:25 am

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/91668

L’Americain

This is the point in the script where I start to have a lot of questions. Can we make it more clear that Mr White doesn’t give Bond the coordinates before he kills himself because he wants the insurance policy that Bond will go get Madeleine. Additionally it would help if Mr White has promised Bond that L’Americain will lead him to the head of Spectre. Without this set-up it seems like a huge leap for Bond and Madeleine to decide to follow these coordinates without knowing whether this is what Mr White intended them to find or what it will lead them to. They seem quite happy venturing into the unknown and equally happy getting into the car at the station when they arrive. Doesn’t Bond want to go into this situation with more knowledge of what he’s walking into? And why does he take Madeleine with him? Does he really believe she’ll be safer by his side than secured in a safe house somewhere? Isn’t she a liability? In general it would be helpful to understand more of his plan/thinking at this point?

Good questions from Hannah. I had very similar ones. It appears no one addressed this in the rewrites. Not stated, but I assume implied in the email, is the idea that Madeline essentially becomes tangential to the story at this point. It's hard to reconcile her being with Bond and going to this big unknown area in Morocco with no gun, no back-up, and an army of Blofeld loyalists waiting on him to arrive. Up to this point she's done her part and given MI6 the information they've requested; it seems hard to believe she'd volunteer to make this trip with Bond given that he's sworn to protect her.
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 7:26 am

I regret reading the leaked early script draft because I got wedded to a lot of ideas that didn't end up in the finished film. For instance, I liked that Q originally got captured and later worked with Bond to escape and blow up Blofeld's desert complex. I liked that Moneypenny played a bigger role, venturing into the old MI6 paper archives to find long forgotten information on Oberhauser. I liked that the launch of Nine Eyes was originally a much more public affair, and the satisfying payoff of the moment M humiliates Denbigh by exposing him as a traitor to the other world leaders. I was also really looking forward to the finale of the film occurring in the pounding rain, as we've never had such a sequence in a Bond film.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:47 am

coco1997 wrote:
I regret reading the leaked early script draft because I got wedded to a lot of ideas that didn't end up in the finished film. For instance, I liked that Q originally got captured and later worked with Bond to escape and blow up Blofeld's desert complex. I liked that Moneypenny played a bigger role, venturing into the old MI6 paper archives to find long forgotten information on Oberhauser. I liked that the launch of Nine Eyes was originally a much more public affair, and the satisfying payoff of the moment M humiliates Denbigh by exposing him as a traitor to the other world leaders. I was also really looking forward to the finale of the film occurring in the pounding rain, as we've never had such a sequence in a Bond film.

This sounds great!
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Is the leaked script still available to read anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:26 am

I haven't read the leaked script, G Section, but most of the hacked emails are available through BleedingCool.com.

After reading them, you'll understand why this film's story was an absolute mess.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks, Control. Will peruse through at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9