More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? Empty
PostSubject: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 3:35 am

This pic makes me go hmmmmmmmmmm......

Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? Spectre-James-Bond-Cars
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:29 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 am

Yeah it did cross my mind bitchcraft, but I'm sure Mendes wouldn't be so uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:57 am

If anything, F&F is taking cues from Bond - namely DAD. The most recent trailer shows Vin Diesel driving a sports car out of a window of a skyscraper as Jason Statham shoots a grenade at him, sailing through the open air and crashing through the window of an adjacent tower, whereupon the car slides out of control across the floor and Diesel is forced to dive out before it smashes through the far side and falls fifty-plus stories to the ground below.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
If anything, F&F is taking cues from Bond - namely DAD. The most recent trailer shows Vin Diesel driving a sports car out of a window of a skyscraper as Jason Statham shoots a grenade at him, sailing through the open air and crashing through the window of an adjacent tower, whereupon the car slides out of control across the floor and Diesel is forced to dive out before it smashes through the far side and falls fifty-plus stories to the ground below.

The whole scene is overkill and because you know it's CGI your mind just can't quite be impressed, thrilled or scared for the character.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 am

Exactly. Cues from DAD.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Is F&F7 taking cues from DAD? It looks more like an expansion of what the series had already been doing. Let's not forget that DAD was blatantly taking cues from F&F. One year after the first installment, DAD comes out and featured Rick Yune as a villain with his own tricked out car for Bond to get into a chase with. It was probably the most obvious attempt of EON trying to appeal to the youth crowd, along with hiring crew members like Christain Wagner from the Bay/Bruckheimer films.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:21 am

The thing that I like about this sequence is that the cars are Grand Tourers. It would have been easy to contrive a sequence using hypercars like the Koenigsegg Agera and Bugatti Veyron, but I think that would have gone against the spirit of the series. GT cars are exotic enough to be desirable, but still grounded in practicality (if, ironically, neither the DB10 or C-X75 are commercially available).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?   Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is SPECTRE tapping in to the fast and the furious?
Page 1 of 1