More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes

Go down 
+2
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 9:36 am

Don't get me wrong, bored Connery is still decent... But whether one has been to acting school or not is irrelevant. Play his FRWL Moneypenny scene before the correlating YOLT one and you'll see a huge difference in energy and conviction.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 am

I've never really noticed boredom on Connery's part in YOLT either, I must say. I do wonder if having read about his behind the scenes difficulties while making it some then view the film differently, perhaps even 'projecting' the perceived boredom?
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I've never really noticed boredom on Connery's part in YOLT either, I must say. I do wonder if having read about his behind the scenes difficulties while making it some then view the film differently, perhaps even 'projecting' the perceived boredom?  
Seconded thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Nah.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 10:48 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

Nah.
laugh
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 2:38 am

I do think some projection is usually involved by us trying to analyze the film. To me it took a while to distance myself from that train of thought because Sean never just goes in and does a perfunctory job to collect a paycheck.
The issue is more that the focus is no longer on Bond but on the spectacle. Sean instinctively realized this I think and without that support from a focused team or Young or even Hamilton to guide his performance he is essentially left to his own devices while the spectacle of events becomes the main driving focus. Had it not been for the franchise cart leading the horse Gilbert could have crafted a better picture around Sean's performance and that's what I think Spy does unquestionably better ten years later. I don't fault Gilbert at all as he had a Herculean task to get the picture done and working with foreign crew/locales etc not to mention big budget films weren't necessarily his forte. It would have been different had it been Young or Hamilton but the real question for what ifs is what if they had let Peter Hunt do this as his first go round as apparently they promised him originally?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes   YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Your 3 favourite Scenes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2