More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?

Go down 
+7
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Xenia93
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
bitchcraft
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Yes
Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
No
Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: s   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:07 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
I hope they actually bring him back. Sure, it would be absurd that he lived after falling off a train, but he also survived a lot of other things a la Jaws. Easily the best henchman we've had in a long time, and would be totally pleasing to see him turn up again.

Unless they have him use the thumbnails a bit more than in SP, I'm not sure he should come back. I'd rather not have Hinx become the comic relief in the film like Jaws did in MR. Plus, his ending is all tied up in SP - pun absolutely intended.

Less is more.

Good to see that Hinx is virtually universally liked.

Agreed. As much as I admire this character, I don't want him to return because I do not think he can equal, let alone top what he did in SP.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 12:02 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I doubt they'll take a more farcical approach, at least I hope. I don't think the next one needs him, but it would be kind of a treat to see him pop up again, maybe being the guy that helps Blofeld break out of jail. That's loyalty Sanchez wish he had.

Then kill him. Good 'n' proper.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:42 pm

To the general public he's already known as Batista, WWE wrestling personality, so no, he will never be as iconic as Odd Job or Jaws, who don't exist outside of the Bond Universe
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Moore wrote:
I liked him, the scenes he was in were quite good, but I don't know if I'd call him classic.

The main issue is that he was severely underused. I also dislike how they ditched his nail trait after one use. Would have been interesting to see to try to choke or gouge Bond with it. Or at least kill a few more people that way.

In any other Bond film I think he would have made a classic henchman. But with a weak main villain he is really given very little to do or has very little chance to make a huge impact in the film. With that said, he is, by far, the best henchman in quite some time. I can't really think of anyone notable from the Dalton, Brosnan or Craig films that could rival him.

Really?
I would rate the tall guy with long blond hair from TLD up there with the best henchmen in the Bond series

There were a several with potential in the Brosnan era, but they were under developed and were not provided with the necessary opportunities to, first, kill someone to establish their badassedness, followed by a climactic hand to hand battles with Bond
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Seve wrote:

There were a several with potential in the Brosnan era, but they were under developed and were not provided with the necessary opportunities to, first, kill someone to establish their badassedness, followed by a climactic hand to hand battles with Bond

Onatopp?
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 2:37 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Seve wrote:

Onatopp?

Maybe, if it wasn't for the name...

I know Oddjob and Jaws aren't exactly serious names either, but at least they don't have the added sexual connotations
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:36 am

Seve wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Seve wrote:

Onatopp?

Maybe, if it wasn't for the name...

I know Oddjob and Jaws aren't exactly serious names either, but at least they don't have the added sexual connotations

But it fits in with what she does, as Jaws and Oddjob's name both do…
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Seve wrote:
To the general public he's already known as Batista, WWE wrestling personality, so no, he will never be as iconic as Odd Job or Jaws, who don't exist outside of the Bond Universe

What percentage of the movie-going public are WWE fans, though? I'd certainly never heard of Batista before SP.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:36 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Seve wrote:

Onatopp?

That was more like hand-to-thigh.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Seve wrote:

What percentage of the movie-going public are WWE fans, though? I'd certainly never heard of Batista before SP.

True, he's branching out in a way few wrestlers have been able to do successfully like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Harold Sakata was a known wrestler in his day, but ultimately Oddjob is what people remember him years on. My guess is Batista will mostly be known as Drax from GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. If he returns as Hinx, that would definitely have him stand out from other henchmen besides Jaws.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Seve wrote:

I would suggest you are probably from a different generation than most current movie goers, remember the Teenagers and 20 somethings rule the entertainment industry these days as far as getting off the couch and going out to theatres goes

I'd estimate about the same number who are interested in Superhero movies

Many preteen and teenage males go through a phase of liking that sort of thing (I know I did and a friend of mines teenage son has just passed through it)

Although probably more in the USA than in Europe of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws?   Will Hinx be a classic like Oddjob and Jaws? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2