More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+20
Kath
hegottheboot
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Professor Train
bitchcraft
Bond Fan 90
lachesis
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Xenia93
Control
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
G section
HJackson
dr. strangelove
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Seven Psychopaths - enjoyable crime black comedy from Martin 'In Bruges' McDonagh with Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken.

Last edited by Blunt Instrument on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 12:03 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Wonder Woman - overlong at 2 hours 20 and also lighter on action than I would've liked. That said, it is at least much less gloomy than recent takes on DC's other 2 'big hitters' Superman and Batman and in the title role Gal Gadot both kicks ass and looks great doing it.

Good to know it's less gloomy than the other two. Hopefully cinema continues to go down that path in the blockbuster arena.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Robot And Frank - sweet sci-fi comedy drama in which an elderly jewel thief with the beginnings of dementia is given a robot home-help, and soon figures out that the robot could be of use in his heists. With Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon and James Marsters.

The Mummy - this has had mixed reviews to say the least, but I had fun - an action-adventure-horror that fairly rattles along and sets up Universal's 'Dark Universe' well enough.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 6:53 am

Their Finest (Lone Scherfig)

Good film! Watched my dear Gemma give a solid performance in this film. The dialogue is sharp but the story broadens toward the end to encompass a love story that seemed a little too Hollywood than what the film could have been - but this is perhaps a by product of what the story proper centred on. Great chemistry between the two leads in Arterton and Claflin. McCrory was great and as always, Bill Nighy does his thing and it's hoot. But the real standout was Rachel Stirling. She is brilliant as a lesbian man-hater with her mother's voice. It comes as a real shame that she didn't supersede Samantha Bond as Moneypenny. Unfortunately she isn't young enough to start a reign as the character, but she would have been a welcome addition beginning with the first Bond film after Brosnan. But I digress. I enjoyed the film, but with a polish at the end, it might have been tighter.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 2:38 am

Wonder Woman.

Put on my cosplay outfit back home, got hogtied with a lasso and I'll be walking funny for a week and have bruises on my elbows.

I did buy the whole Rebirth series (the latest DC Wonder Woman comics) and #1 is autographed drool
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 11:59 pm

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)

Watched it last night after concluding a rewatch of the series over the past few weeks. I have to say this movie improves with each viewing and might be edging closer to being my favorite film by David Lynch. The first half plays out much like other of Lynch's earlier works a quirky murder mystery among rural oddballs and the second half is a fairly intense character study of a doomed high-schooler and her tormentor with excellent performances by Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise. David Lynch himself and Kiefer Sutherland have sterling roles in the first half as well especially the latter as a quirky and somewhat socially awkward FBI agent and of course the David Bowie scene is still one of the best in Lynch's filmography summing up his style in all it's weird and enigmatic glory. The deleted footage is stellar as well especially an extended version of Bowie's scene and a touching scene of the Palmer family at the dinner table. Overall it nails the right balance between quirky mystery like the original TV series and the dark, somewhat grim vibe which the new one has.

Sleuth (1972)

Recently got the Australian "Umbrella Entertainment" DVD of this as here in the U.S. the film still appears to be in some legal nightmare regarding who ultimately has the rights to it. For a two-man show it never fails to bore and is a pretty humorous thriller with Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine having loads of fun. On the DVD quality front despite proclaiming to be a "16x9" print on the back it's still non-anamorphic which I think was also the case with the old Anchor Bay U.S. DVD which was no doubt the source for this print. Still nice to finally have a Region 1 friendly option for this film outside of old pre-90's VHS tapes which I've gone through several over the years.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Survivor

went to this after the Times gave it a favourable-ish review in their "movie of the day" column (in the TV listings supplement) and the fact Brosnan was in it. I'm curious to see Brosnan in films sometimes and so it was this time. I'm not a Jolovich fan and this kind of fare passes me by but somehow it entertained throughout -the London locations, Roger Rees and yes, Brosnan made it worthwhile enough. Indeed, I'd say this wasn't too shabby a performance by Brozzers -easily the best part of the film. Found myself cheering him on at one point but as he was a terrorist hitman...no, no, that wouldn't do (though some say Golden Gun is so bad they end up cheering Scaramanga on such is Lee's performance!).

An unofficial Bond with Brozzers in the NSNA mould I would find hugely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 12:49 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Survivor

went to this after the Times gave it a favourable-ish review in their "movie of the day" column (in the TV listings supplement) and the fact Brosnan was in it. I'm curious to see Brosnan in films sometimes and so it was this time. I'm not a Jolovich fan and this kind of fare passes me by but somehow it entertained throughout -the London locations, Roger Rees and yes, Brosnan made it worthwhile enough. Indeed, I'd say this wasn't too shabby a performance by Brozzers -easily the best part of the film. Found myself cheering him on at one point but as he was a terrorist hitman...no, no, that wouldn't do (though some say Golden Gun is so bad they end up cheering Scaramanga on such is Lee's performance!).

An unofficial Bond with Brozzers in the NSNA mould I would find hugely entertaining.

I caught this a few months back and sure, it's a B-grade film, but it was popcorn enough to at least entertain for the duration of the movie. It's flawed but as you say, Brosnan isn't amongst it. In fact, he's the highlight and similarly, I was rooting for him too!

Of course I'd also enjoy Brosnan in a NSNA type film. Or have one of those November Man films pop up again with a better script and director. Or the Thomas Crown sequel....
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Glad to see we're of like minds. Though not Brosnan's biggest fan as Bond, can't help but think he had one more film in him. I've not seen November Man but it's a little late for Thomas Crown II (I say this, if Top Gun can come back after what, 30 years, Thomas Crown could I suppose).

Shame EON's bottled up tight. Unofficial Bond's could be what it took to jar things a little. Though I guess it's for the good.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Commando - good work Film 4, this 80s action nonsense with Arnie in his pomp made for perfect Saturday-night-with-a-few-beers entertainment.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Commando - good work Film 4, this 80s action nonsense with Arnie in his pomp made for perfect Saturday-night-with-a-few-beers entertainment.

"Don distyurb my friend. He's DEAD tiyahd."
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 am

The Man Who Haunted Himself - 70s psychological thriller starring a post-Saint pre-Bond Rog, who after recovering from a life-saving operation following a car accident finds his life dogged by incidents and meetings with people that he absolutely doesn't recall being there for ... does he have a doppelganger, or is he losing his mind?

Intriguing and winningly weird, and one to sit people who insist that Moore wasn't much of an actor down in front of ... he's very good indeed in this. I'm only sorry that it took his passing to remind me that I'd always meant to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:27 am

LIFE (2017) Better than most attempts to make an Alien-like film. Rebecca Ferguson holds her own in this and after having seen her in this, WHITE QUEEN and ROGUE NATION, would suggest she's a talent that should be getting more lead roles. Would've preferred it be a little longer; feels like the studio gave up on it too quickly in order to beat ALIEN:COVENANT to the box office.

DAVID BRENT: LIFE ON THE ROAD  Mildly funny, but also unnecessary. Everything that needed to be said was said in the Season 2 Christmas Special. This treads over familiar territory without really bringing much new to the table.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 am

The Human Centipede

Heard it was banned so I had to have a look. Mr. Dog wants a 3some now. The doc is one freaky looking bastard. They are connected mouth to anus. pukeface

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:24 pm

I've heard about that. Not sure I want to see it, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 4:31 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I've heard about that. Not sure I want to see it, to be honest.

It's one of those movies that tries hard for shock value...but I never looked away once.

I am more freaky than the doc it seems.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Baby Driver - further proof (along with Scott Pilgrim) that Edgar Wright doesn't need Pegg and Frost to turn in a good 'un.

Brilliantly chosen-and-used soundtrack, too.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm rather tired of the comic book fad but I have to admit that "Wonder Woman" was decent.
I mean, it still could not rise above the limitations of its genre and the climax was rather terrible, but it felt like a proper movie for the most part.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 am

Pretty much what I thought of Wonder Woman. Didn't hate it, but still felt dirty after contributing shekels to a vacuous genre that's done its best to ruin cinema.

The climax reminded me of Dragonball Z #only90skidswillremember.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Hot Fuzz.

Finally got around to seeing this. Makes me wish Brosnan got TLD back in 87 because Dalton makes a brilliant villain. Loads of fun - can't believe I kept putting off watching this.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Cop Car - 2 kids come across an apparently abandoned cop car and take it for a joyride. Trouble is, it wasn't actually abandoned ... corrupt cop Kevin Bacon had just been off doing a Very Bad Thing when they found it, and sets off in pursuit when he discovers what's happened.

Neat little thriller that builds up a reasonable head of tension over its trim 85-minute runtime.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Tom Holland is adorable as Spidey thumbsup

My daughter is going with her friends later....and...mommy is storming cuz I want to see it again. tongue

Owning some 1500+ Spidey comics vindicates me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 pm

So is this the third origin Spiderman film in the last 20 years? How similar/different is it to the others?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 3:20 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
So is this the third origin Spiderman film in the last 20 years? How similar/different is it to the others?

Well for one, you'd want to bone Aunt May...she is hot.

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 Marisa-Tomei-may-be-Aunt-May-01

No origin shit with the radioactive spider. No speech from Uncle Ben. Already done in the earlier movies.

It takes off from his intro in the Avengers film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next