More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hollywoodies.

Go down 
+9
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Professor Train
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
Santa
CJB
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Hollywoodies. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 9:33 am

g

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 am

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySat May 12, 2018 6:18 pm

https://www.vogue.com/article/georgina-chapman-life-after-harvey-weinstein

It's kind of hard not to be extremely cynical about this.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun May 13, 2018 1:08 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/13/guilt-by-association-hateful-and-cruel-fate-of-mrs-harvey-weinstein

This piece is such nonsense. I haven't seen anyone blame Georgina Chapman for Harvey Weinstein's behavior. At worst, I have seen some people question the fact that she had no idea about what he got up to.
She is going through a messy separation, which is a fate no worse than the one millions of far less privileged women go through every year.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:26 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun May 20, 2018 12:12 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Luc Besson accused of rape:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44184754

I'd like to think he's clean, I like his films oh my!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun May 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Luc Besson accused of rape:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44184754

In the wake of #MeToo, there had already been a backlash against the Frenchman.
Some publications dug up his old relationship with Maïwenn Le Besco.
It's pretty clear that any director with such personal details in his past will come under scrutiny.
e.g. Bogdanovich's relationship to Louise Stratten, which started in the aftermath of her sister Dorothy's murder.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun May 20, 2018 3:05 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun May 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Besson is not a director who interests me much so I wasn't aware of Maïwenn Le Besco until you mentioned her. Having skim read a couple of accounts of their relationship it seems that, whilst legal in France at the time, it would have been illegal in many other territories. Whether it's relevant to the current accusation against Besson I can't say.

I don't suspect it is, my comment was more an attempt to frame it within a larger backlash against Besson.

Another example is how in the wake of #MeToo, they dug up the old story of James Franco inviting a 17-year old up to his hotel room.
An incident that had more or less been brushed off at the time, but which seemed to carry much more weight when brought up against him post-Weinstein.

I have even seen pieces which gave an account of Jerry Seinfeld's relationship with a 17-year old back in the early 1990s. There is something weird and hypocritical about this.
If these realities were such a big deal and they were always public knowledge, doesn't it stand to reason that all those publications who waited until now to expose them are complicit?
If not, then their rehashing of these old stories is nothing more than cheap opportunism.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 1:04 am

Morgan Freeman is the latest to be accused for commenting on women's clothing in public.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 8:59 am

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 1:25 pm

I have to say that his interaction with the pregnant woman was just weird.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 2:04 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Quote :
One of the three, CNN entertainment reporter Chloe Melas, the co-author of this article, says she was subjected to inappropriate behavior by Freeman more than a year ago, when she interviewed him at a press junket for "Going in Style." According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe." Cameras were on and recording during one of Freeman's remarks to Melas -- "Boy, do I wish I was there" -- but not for the rest. As is common practice with such junkets, Melas was the only CNN employee there at the time.

Just weird.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Salomé wrote:
Quote :
One of the three, CNN entertainment reporter Chloe Melas, the co-author of this article, says she was subjected to inappropriate behavior by Freeman more than a year ago, when she interviewed him at a press junket for "Going in Style." According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe." Cameras were on and recording during one of Freeman's remarks to Melas -- "Boy, do I wish I was there" -- but not for the rest. As is common practice with such junkets, Melas was the only CNN employee there at the time.

Just weird.

laugh

Very amusing when you have the iconic Freeman voice in your mind: "Boy, do I wish I was there".
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptySun May 27, 2018 6:40 am

Oh no, an 80 year old man said words. Me too, me too!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:51 pm

In terms of walking the walk as well as talking the talk, Jessica Chaistain who at one point used her social media platform to criticize how the Amazons in "Justice League" were supposedly wearing more revealing clothing than in Patty Jenkins' "Wonder Woman" has no trouble working together with a director with two separate domestic violence incidents in his past.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/aug/07/jessica-chastain-accused-of-hypocrisy-for-working-with-matthew-newton

It's really hard to take this activism seriously if its so arbitrarily applied.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 12:46 am

It's all about the bandwagons. Leftists personify hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:00 am

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
a director with two separate domestic violence incidents in his past.

Anyone who gets through life with just two separate domestic violence incidents in their past is doing well.

There are two that were reported.

I also don't think that a bashing one's partners head against the wall and the floor is the norm for most couples, but YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm

In an interesting turn of events, it is Newton himself who has stepped down as director.

Jessica Chastain, otherwise not shy about condemning perceived sexism (which included once complaining about how the Amazons' outfits on "Justice League" were more revealing than their "Wonder Woman" counterparts), has remained noticeably silent during this entire episode.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 12:28 am

Newton made mistakes, spent 6 years rehabilitating and repentant and is disallowed a second chance. What does that say about someone who makes mistakes (which is everyone) and is refused personal redemption? The most important voices here should be those of the four people - women AND men - he hit.

I'm not at all surprised by Chastain's silence.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 12:41 am

Newton isn't worth keeping. If all he's gonna do is draw controversy, it's better to just cut ties and move on. You want people talking about the film, not of the director's personal baggage. He fucked up, this is the price he pays.

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollywoodies.
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: