More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Go down 
+5
Strangways&Quarrel
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 2:30 pm

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-first-look-leonardo-dicaprio-brad-pitt-tarantino-1201979053/

Looking forward to this one. Margot and Tarantino seem like a match made in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Tarantino making a movie about the Manson family and the Sharon Tate murder could be disastrous, but I can't say I'm not curious to see what he makes of it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 am

I don't know about disastrous... Even his lesser films have been nothing short of competent.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 10:16 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I don't know about disastrous... Even his lesser films have been nothing short of competent.

I mean to say that the subject matter probably needs a filmmaker of subtlety and sensitivity.

Neither of which I would choose to describe Quentin Tarantino or his work with.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 2:22 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

Dawn to Dusk--or is it Dusk to Dawn?--is one of the most dreadful films I've inflicted upon myself. I bowed out about two thirds of the way through.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

Dawn to Dusk--or is it Dusk to Dawn?--is one of the most dreadful films I've inflicted upon myself. I bowed out about two thirds of the way through.

That one is directed by Robert Rodriguez, not Quentin Tarantino though.
Though he did write the screenplay and act in it.
I'm using the word acting kindly here.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Salomé wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

That one is directed by Robert Rodriguez, not Quentin Tarantino though.
Though he did write the screenplay and act in it.
I'm using the word acting kindly here.

Ah. OK. Thanks, Sabs.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Salomé wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

I mean to say that the subject matter probably needs a filmmaker of subtlety and sensitivity.

Neither of which I would choose to describe Quentin Tarantino or his work with.

Yeah ... even as recently as The Hateful Eight, he couldn't resist including exploding-head gore.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:59 am

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood BW9CZcX

First look at Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate.

An amalgam of classic Sharon Tate looks?

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood SUC38hC

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EiLQVQ1

I still think that this has the potential to be disastrous if Quentin Tarantino approaches this with his usual level of sensitivity.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 12:07 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 pm

v

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 am

Child of extreme privilege Lena Dunham becoming one of the few female showrunners and a feminist icon is really one of the many ways in which the movement self-owns.

Even more amazing: Maya Hawke got offered and accepted a job on this film. She is a grown woman so I'm sure that Uma Thurman will have little say into what she does or doesn't do but if I almost got very seriously injured or worse on a shoot with a director I only recently accused of recklessness, do I want my daughter to work with him?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 am

v

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Just when you though this couldn't get any worse; Lena Dunham to star.

Ha. Tarantino and Dunham--a match made in the ninth level of hell. I can only assume Jay Z and Beyonce will figure in this whole sordid and rancid affair at some point.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Looks fun.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 am

Have to say that trailer did get me genuinely excited for the film. The music, the setting, I can tell already Brad and Leo are going to make a great pairing and the overall vibe I'm getting from it is that it has the classic Tarantino feel but could be a different enough affair from his more recent movies (which I do really like, don't get me wrong) it's going to be something more akin to Jackie Brown in that we may get something of a different pacing. I'm also just glad to see a new Tarantino film set in Los Angeles, his old stomping grounds. His first three films had a good eye for gritty L.A. locations and even with a more Hollywood-centered setting I don't think this will be any different.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 12:04 am

Reminds me of the Coens' HAIL, CAESAR! only set in the late 60s. Should be a fun lark.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 6:24 pm

The trailer has heightened my personal desire to see it as well. To my surprise, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 10:47 am

The trailer is breezy fun, although obviously with Manson and Sharon Tate involved things will take a very dark turn.

Cautiously optimistic, although my arse still remembers the numbed boredom it suffered due to The Hateful Eight and it still hasn't forgiven QT.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed May 22, 2019 7:11 am

A 7 minute standing ovation at Cannes and 91% Rotten Tomatoes rating with the first reviews out.

Here's one:

https://www.timeout.com/us/film/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood

Just what I wanted to hear.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 pm

I haven't seen it yet but I am baffled by some of the reactions.

People have written pieces in defense of the Manson Family because of this film.

The world has truly gone mad.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Hmm haven't stumbled across any of that yet. Only really seen positive reactions to it.

If that's the case then yes, the world has indeed gone that way.
Back to top Go down
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:25 pm

I wouldn't be a bit surprised by any of those reactions, being as we're living in the Age of Crackpot History and the Right to Lie....

I'm going Thursday to watch OUATIH....I don't know why being as I thought Django, Inglourious Basterds and Death Proof were such dog shit films......Oddly, I really enjoyed The Hateful Eight.....

But, I'll give the new flick a view being as I used to live in California and I find California of the late 60's a very interesting subject.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 7:09 pm

Salomé wrote:
I haven't seen it yet but I am baffled by some of the reactions.

People have written pieces in defense of the Manson Family because of this film.

The world has truly gone mad.

Can't say I've come across that sentiment about the Manson family specifically, but what I've come across was mainly concerns over how Tarantino continues to gleefully depict violence against women. Having seen the film myself, I can imagine anyone walking into this film with zero knowledge of the Manson Family would be totally put off by Brad Pitt repeatedly smashing a woman's face in a brick mantel while Leo torches a woman with a flamethrower. The male character does get his balls chomped up by a dog before Brad Pitt curbstomps his face in, but the film doesn't really linger on the violence against him as it does on the two women.

This movie very much assumes that you would know the real life accounts of 1969 Hollywood. I personally only have a vague idea of who Sharon Tate was and how she was murdered, so anyone walking into this film not knowing who she was at all will just walk out confused over why Margot Robbie was in such a minimal role.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 8:53 am

The reasoning is that we have to perceive Atkins and Krenwinkel as "victims" of Manson himself.

Ignoring the fact that he had plenty of followers who wouldn't kill for him and the fact that they carried out the murders with a level of cruelty and glee that is hard to process.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood   Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Empty

Back to top Go down

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next