More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What song are you listening to?

Go down 
+11
Salomé
Somerset
CJB
bitchcraft
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
Morland_Specials
Sarai
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 pm

you probably have a duppy
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 pm

Is there an exorcism for that?
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Sounds a bit like a-Ha.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:59 pm

I think that is a good comparison. Maybe early Talk Talk even more so?

Both bands formed around the same time and started out kinda doing the same style, but Talk Talk probably expanded into other sounds a bit more.  Though I have not listened to 2000s era A-ha so I’m not sure what they were doing by the end.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 10:42 pm

I don't know, but that sure takes me back to my high school days, which is probably the last time I heard that song. It's a good one, and a good video, too.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 8:45 pm

Somerset wrote:
Is there an exorcism for that?

I've heard pouring rum out along the outside of your home can help.

That does make sense as I watched Canadians stop the Ukraine war by pouring out their Vodka in the streets.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 9:28 pm

Somerset wrote:
He Who Dares, Wins wrote:
Bill Conti’s theme to the 1985 epic mini-series NORTH AND SOUTH (based on John Jakes novels of the American Civil War).

Now there’s a piece of media I haven’t thought about in a long time. My mom used to give that an annual watch in our house. Still remember how much space the VHS tapes took up on the shelf.

Had no idea Conti did the music.

I actually like his corny music for VICTORY (more than the movie, outside of VonSydow it felt a waste), and his score for THE RIGHT STUFF pushes all the right buttons, though I still would like to know what John Barry's rejected score was like.

I actually like a lot of his FYEO score, even though I know it is generally despised. I just wrote out what I thought would be a nice short PTS script for a Cold War-era Bond movie that was inspired by his FYEO Bond music. I wrote it imagining Dalton as Bond back in the day with Joanna Cassidy as a fellow agent with astonishing dexterity, but I guess if you made it now it would be Charlize Theron and uh, umm ...
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:16 pm

trevanian wrote:
Somerset wrote:
Bill Conti’s theme to the 1985 epic mini-series NORTH AND SOUTH (based on John Jakes novels of the American Civil War).

Now there’s a piece of media I haven’t thought about in a long time. My mom used to give that an annual watch in our house. Still remember how much space the VHS tapes took up on the shelf.

I actually like his corny music for VICTORY (more than the movie, outside of VonSydow it felt a waste), and his score for THE RIGHT STUFF pushes all the right buttons, though I still would like to know what John Barry's rejected score was like.

I actually like a lot of his FYEO score, even though I know it is generally despised. I just wrote out what I thought would be a nice short PTS script for a Cold War-era Bond movie that was inspired by his FYEO Bond music. I wrote it imagining Dalton as Bond back in the day with Joanna Cassidy as a fellow agent with astonishing dexterity, but I guess if you made it now it would be Charlize Theron and uh, umm ...

Nor did I know Barry did a rejected score for The Right Stuff! I wonder what are the chances that material might have ended up in one of his later Bond scores.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Sarai wrote:
That does make sense as I watched Canadians stop the Ukraine war by pouring out their Vodka in the streets.

Brilliant. I heard Bob’s record sales in Moscow are climbing.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:27 pm

trevanian wrote:
Somerset wrote:

I dislike FYEO's score up through the Citroen chase. That late-disco synthesizer goes far too heavy on the cheese for my taste. That said, from that point on I like Conti's work just fine. The music at the ski jump in Cortina is particularly good.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:40 pm

Sarai wrote:

I’m not sure there is a popular artist in the modern day aside from Kanye who seems to have religion at the center of his art and worldview, etc., views his music as a conduit to God and so forth. Historically quite the norm but not so, I think, the last couple centuries.

Kanye’s stuff is overproduced. Often too much going on.

I do like 808s and Heartbreak though.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:42 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

I don’t listen to instrumental music that often but around Easter this year I just sat still and listened to this:

Made me realize I need to do that more often.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Somerset wrote:
Sarai wrote:

I’m not sure there is a popular artist in the modern day aside from Kanye who seems to have religion at the center of his art and worldview, etc., views his music as a conduit to God and so forth. Historically quite the norm but not so, I think, the last couple centuries.

Kanye’s stuff is overproduced. Often too much going on.

I do like 808s and Heartbreak though.

That is so well put and how I feel about him. I don't think I could name a more interesting artist and certainly not in mainstream music. The contrast of his love of God and love of himself and that he is aware how big his ego is. He knows he is that much better than the rest and rightly so. Kanye's music will take you everywhere his mind goes...it feels like a welcome to my mind take it or leave it I don't give a fuck. one minute it's very sweaty sexual, sleazy a drug fueled orgy and excess of fame the next moment you are in church
you can feel it all and really get to know him...so intimate
Unfiltered
no political correctness
raw to the point of sickening sometimes
often beautiful
heartfelt

it can all go from light to dark, vice versa or both in just a few lines say so much
he's damn good at it he can make me feel sad about all the wealth and fame
I think the comparisons to Jim Morrison are accurate
and anyone talking about Jesus is just as rebel and punk as it gets
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 7:45 am

To me, he's a textbook case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder who happens to have a record contract. But, erm, each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 11:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 11:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 4:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 1:53 pm

Sarai will like this one. Rockers taking back some “punk” from her rappers.

Alien Ant Farm crashing the BET awards circa 2003.

Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 3:03 pm

I think it goes without saying the best part is when he jumps on top the car, grabs his crotch, and the windows blow out.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 6:44 pm

Somerset wrote:
Sarai will like this one. Rockers taking back some “punk” from her rappers.

Alien Ant Farm crashing the BET awards circa 2003.

I can totally picture you and Blunt rocking the fuck out of this on the short bus.

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What song are you listening to?
Page 13 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next