More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+8
tiffanywint
CJB
Harmsway
Fae
Lobelia Overhill
Largo's Shark
Vesper
Salomé
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Game of Thrones - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:44 pm

I think my favorite is Charles Dance's Tywin. I was really happy to see that he was upgraded to the main cast for the second season and onward. Another actor I wish the Bond series has used, not as the disposable henchman in FYEO.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 am

Oh shiiet, never realised he was in FYEO.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:35 am

Ploughing through s2 now in which Dance has a much bigger role.  He did get his stab as Hollywood villain years ago in that Schwarzenegger failure.

I'm liking the way GoT puts tits at the edge of every scene like the early Bond films - death is much more palatable that way. Probably a good way of getting gormless teens interested in history too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Finished Game of Thrones S3 last night. Don’t rate the Tolkien-lite elements (Sam and Gilly better be roasting on a spit soon), but I relished The Rains of Castamere climax. If only all weddings were that way.

Now I’ll either have to commit an illegal act or wait until next year for S4 on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 6:15 pm

The problem with the show as it progressed is that (imho) the Kings Landing material is so much better than everything else. Though I would extend this to include Jaime Lannister's misadventures in the North.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Generally, Kings is best, but Stormbitch has her moments. She invented the drone, you know.

Fine gloomy end credit musik as well.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:57 pm

I didn't care for the Wall stuff until it got to the fourth season, which changed my perception of its importance in the previous seasons. Still don't know how anyone could walk away from that redhead wildling. Shoulda stayed in the cave.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:46 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Generally, Kings is best, but Stormbitch has her moments. She invented the drone, you know.

Fine gloomy end credit musik as well.

I feel like Daenerys' story-line will only truly pay off once her and her dragons return to Westeros.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Certainly three seasons of Daenerys' battle preparations is pushing my patience.

On another subject, Cersi's ex, Jerome Flynn, reminds me facially of Dan Craig. That's one of the things I like about Thrones - it's become a home for talented, but second-tier English actors.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:33 pm

When comes to stretching out storylines, the one with Theon getting physically and psychologically tortured probably didn't need to be an entire season.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Had a huge amount of work to do so ploughed through the GoT S4 boxset instead. Usual verdict: I enjoy the court intrigue and gratuitous sex and violence, but hate the sub-Tolkien Wall elements.

Oh and fuck the north. Far too grey for me.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Had a huge amount of work to do so ploughed through the GoT S4 boxset instead. Usual verdict: I enjoy the court intrigue and gratuitous sex and violence, but hate the sub-Tolkien Wall elements.

The Wall was fashioned after Hadrian's Wall, so your dislike for the North sort of mirrors your feelings vis-à-vis Scotland. wink
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:13 pm

I actually groaned when I learned that the second to last episode was going to be entirely dedicated to the Wall stuff. But I actually dug the battle sequence, especially when it did that one shot sweeping from right to left. Very well done stuff. Can't say the same about the cripple's storyline.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Salomé wrote:
Amblersaurous wrote:

The Wall was fashioned after Hadrian's Wall, so your dislike for the North sort of mirrors your feelings vis-à-vis Scotland. wink

You're mistaken. I don't dislike the Scots; until recently, they were a great nation of engineers, entrepreneurs, philosophers and empire builders. I do dislike what the welfare state has reduced them to.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:07 am

The bushy-eyebrowed kid needs to go.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 am

More bullshit from New Republic:

Quote :
Beaten, raped, kidnapped, tortured, widowed, belittled, ruthlessly ridiculed, dragged across the country, abandoned by their lovers, shot up with crossbows, stabbed in the uterus while pregnant, molested by their own fathers, literally hunted by dogs, made to marry men they barely know, made to marry men who are openly gay, made to marry men who are sociopaths, locked up in towers, forced to watch their families be slaughtered, and murdered at their brother’s weddings, the women of the Seven Kingdoms have seen and experienced just about any horror you can name.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117456/game-thrones-season-4-recap-cersei-jaime-rape

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 am

None of 'em had their dicks cut off though.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:58 am

Such nonsense.
Martin's aim was precisely to create a fantasy story that did not shy away from more realistic horrors.
A story where nothing bad happens to any female character would have been idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:11 am

I notice that Brienne doesn't get mentioned in that article once, probably because her story doesn't fit into that article's narrative.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I notice that Brienne doesn't get mentioned in that article once, probably because her story doesn't fit into that article's narrative.

Not to mention the fact that some of the most popular characters on that show are women.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Ian McShane is joining S6. smile

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/aug/03/game-of-thrones-ian-mcshane-join-season-six-hbo
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Likely as one of the Ironborn, if internet rumors are to be believed.
Back to top Go down
KyBondFan

KyBondFan

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 pm

I'm so looking forward to Ian McShane appearing, but then I saw this and my happiness increased tenfold.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-max-von-sydow-three-eyed-raven-season-6-1201555745/
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:56 am

Season seven was easily the weakest to date.

It's pretty clear that David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have very little of their own to add to this story.
Some of the writing this year was barely above the level of online fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Not out on DVD until December in UK due to Brexit.

I shall buy it for my mother for Christmas so there better be some severed penii.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next