More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?

Go down 
+2
CJB
ironpony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? Empty
PostSubject: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 7:42 am

They said they did it because the actress cast as her was a French actress in real life, so therefore, they felt they had to change the character from the book to French. But since they decided to dub the actress anyway, who cares if she is French to change the character?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 2:02 am

They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? Creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-8%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:35 am

They did this after casting Claudine just in the same manner that they rewrote Fiona as Italian after casting Luciana. Originally the character was Fiona Kelly.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:05 am

Oh okay. But why though? I mean when I watch a movie, I don't think to myself that a movie bothers me because of the casting like that. I mean one of my favorite movies is Schindler's List for example, and Liam Neeson is not a German and Ben Kingsley is not a Polish jew. But it doesn't bring down the movie for me. What's the big deal of name changing therefore?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:15 am

CJB wrote:
They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? Creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-8%5B1%5D

laugh

The only sane response.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 am

peeping tom
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Good point. Daniela Bianchi was Italian, and her voice was dubbed too - perhaps because her accented English was atrocious as well. But they didn't make Tatiana not Russian because of it.

Since the script changed Domino's brother from being a willing stooge to being replaced with a double, it's not like they were shifting the blame for the hijacking from Italians to the French. confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?   They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why? Empty

Back to top Go down

They said they felt they had to change Domino to a French character, but why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Thunderball (1965)-
Jump to: