More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

GANGS OF LONDON

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

GANGS OF LONDON Empty
PostSubject: GANGS OF LONDON   GANGS OF LONDON EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:15 am

We just discovered GANGS OF LONDON and love it. The action is very inventively staged and shot, and the dramatic aspect is well handled as well, so it avoids the BANSHEE problem of seeming too crazy to believe. There's also very good blends between makeup effects and CGI in some of the extremely graphic gunshots. And there is one episode -- I think it is the 7th -- that is one of the most sustained edge-of-seat involvements I've ever come across on the tube (none of the principals are even in it, this event is kind of playing out on the fringe of the main story, mostly with people you have not seen before or only seen briefly.)  Definitely worth checking out, though I guess most people saw it nearly two years ago when it debuted (season 2 is coming later this year, as is UPLOAD, my fave american series in the last few years.)
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

GANGS OF LONDON Empty
PostSubject: Re: GANGS OF LONDON   GANGS OF LONDON EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 7:48 pm

Seems interesting, trev. I will add this to the queue to get to on your rec. Mainly on the basis of how you describe the action. Been a while since I’ve felt like I watched something captivating and new in that respect.

Looking it up, I see Gareth Evans is involved. Don’t know much about him, but I believe he was one of the names floated for NTTD in between Boyle’s departure and the hiring of Cary F.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

GANGS OF LONDON Empty
PostSubject: Re: GANGS OF LONDON   GANGS OF LONDON EmptyMon Jul 17, 2023 4:33 pm

Saw season 2 of this months back and while it didn't electrify me like the first batch of shows, still very watchable (probably just not anywhere near as REwatchable.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GANGS OF LONDON Empty
PostSubject: Re: GANGS OF LONDON   GANGS OF LONDON Empty

Back to top Go down

GANGS OF LONDON
Page 1 of 1