More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+3
Perilagu Khan
trevanian
Phantom Commander
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 11:03 am

Save Yourselves! - a New York hipster couple head to a friend's pad in the country to 'disconnect', but unfortunately the Earth is invaded by cute (they bear a resemblance to the Tribbles from Star Trek) but deadly aliens at the same time. Enjoyable sci-fi comedy with some wry satirical commentary on the way we live now.

Werewolves Within - this horror comedy takes the template of classic whodunnits (strand a group of disparate individuals in a country house, hotel etc and have them try to figure out which one of them is bumping them off), but it replaces the standard killer with a lycanthrope. Based on a videogame, but way better than how that type of movie usually pans out.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 4:57 pm

THE NAME OF THE ROSE
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 X1080
Another of those films that I have seen countless times since it first came out, and never tire of. My favourite Annaud, and I think my favourite Connery. The book is fine, but the film is really quite an acchievement. Everything is genuinely medieval here. Both Eco and Annaud were annoyed with having Connery pushed on them, but soon completely changed their minds. The score is very distinct and recognizable, it adds a lot to the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 5:47 am

L´OURS (The Bear)

Annaud always puts an impressive amount of effort into his films. This is a top three of his. Did not realize before that Tcheky Karyo has one of the main roles. Or rather did not know who he was last I saw it. Very versatile actor.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 5:58 pm

BLACK RAINBOW

Excellent low key supernatural thriller with a supernaturally hot Rosanna Arquette.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 4:27 am

PI

Mathematics and jewish mysticism. Aronofsky´s first movie is still his best.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 3:16 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
PI

Mathematics and jewish mysticism. Aronofsky´s first movie is still his best.

Certainly sounds intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 4:38 am

PK, I highly recommend it. It has become a sort of cult classic.

BLACK SWAN
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 1465218701-1218000b58c67ecb2ff2327a273915f59e978542

Equal parts lovely and disturbing. Ballet, sexifulness, psychosis and violence.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 7:25 am

Sea Of Love - Al Pacino stars as a hard-drinking New York cop on the trail of a killer who is using a 'lonely hearts' column to select their victims ... at each crime scene, a 45 of the titular tune is playing. In the course of his investigations, he becomes involved with shoe store owner Ellen Barkin - but could she be the killer?

Quality late-80s thriller, also starring John Goodman and Michael Rooker.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:39 am

BLUEBERRY

First time I saw this, I was quite disappointed that it strayed so far from the source material by Charlier and Giraud. I have since come to really love it. It is a fantastic film in its own right. A spiritual western of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 6:54 am

BLUE VELVET
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 1*JnKsX85YEgiaII92jKQhGw

My second favourite Lynch. As usual, what a band of characters!
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 6:02 pm

L´OMBRA DI CARAVAGGIO (Caravaggio´s Shadow)
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Sddefault

This is a very good Italian film about the famous painter who lived and worked in the 16th and 17th century, very controversial in some religious circles at the time.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 11:25 am

Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters : Afterlife - spooky comedy double-bill, ahead of seeing Frozen Empire tomorrow. The original is a beloved movie from my early teens, and Afterlife nicely carries things on with Egon Spengler's daughter and grandkids moving to the dirt farm he left them. Naturally, it's not long before the supernatural shit starts hittin' the fan.

Warm-hearted tribute to the late Harold Ramis is paid, and the disastrous 2016 movie is wisely ignored.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 12:19 pm

WILD AT HEART
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Maxresdefault

I have seen this more times than any other Lynch movie, so it must be my favourite? It is.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 5:22 pm

CHRISTIANE F.-WIR KINDER VOM BAHNHOF ZOO
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Imago0061493985h

Pretty nasty social drama from Germany, about drug addicted teenagers. I remember the book caused quite a stir when it came out.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:20 am

CHILDREN OF MEN
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 CHILDREN-OF-MEN-1
Pretty good dystopian future fable, with some originality to it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 7:27 am

Ghostbusters : Frozen Empire - another eeeevil supernatural entity threatens the world, and 'busters old and new step up to stop it. Reasonable fun, but unfortunately it doesn't really manage to find enough for all of the characters to do.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

LOST HIGHWAY
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 48e05e5d-af0d-4ddc-97fe-f018dad57801
This is probably the Lynch movie that completes my top three.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am

LA CITE DES ENFANTS PERDUS (The City of Lost Children)
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Hqdefault
Fabulous French fairy tale, fun and full of imagination.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 pm

THE CONJURING 2
Not a big fan of James Wan as a director. This gets ruined by cinematic cliches and exaggerations. I do like Vera Farmiga in this, she reminds me of Gillian Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:34 am

THE CREATOR
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 The_creator_get_in_the_car_clip_16x9_thumb_90b7f048
One of the best science fiction movies ever made.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 11:15 am

Late Night With The Devil - have seen this Seventies-set horror described as 'Rosemary's Baby meets Network' ... seems about right. Late-night US talk show 'Night Owls' is flagging in the ratings, so its host Jack Delroy (David Dastmalchian) decides to do an occultism-themed special on Hallowe'en night. Amongst his guests is a parapsychologist and her subject, a teenage girl who was rescued from a Satanic church's mass suicide but who is apparently possessed by a demon she's named 'Mr Wriggles'. Without giving too much away, let's just say things go ... somewhat awry.

This manages to land a fair few shocks and also some satire about TV's sensationalist nature, 'selling your soul' to be a success on it etc. Dastmalchian is pitch-perfect as the show host.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:06 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
THE CONJURING 2
Not a big fan of James Wan as a director. This gets ruined by cinematic cliches and exaggerations. I do like Vera Farmiga in this, she reminds me of Gillian Anderson.

The first Conjuring is one of the scariest films I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty of horror films.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:07 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Late Night With The Devil - have seen this Seventies-set horror described as 'Rosemary's Baby meets Network' ... seems about right. Late-night US talk show 'Night Owls' is flagging in the ratings, so its host Jack Delroy (David Dastmalchian) decides to do an occultism-themed special on Hallowe'en night. Amongst his guests is a parapsychologist and her subject, a teenage girl who was rescued from a Satanic church's mass suicide but who is apparently possessed by a demon she's named 'Mr Wriggles'. Without giving too much away, let's just say things go ... somewhat awry.

This manages to land a fair few shocks and also some satire about TV's sensationalist nature, 'selling your soul' to be a success on it etc. Dastmalchian is pitch-perfect as the show host.

Sounds intriguing. A relatively recent release?
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 am

THE CROW
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Brandon-lee-stars-in-1994-s-the-crow

I saw this several times the first few years after its release, but it has been a long time now. It holds up fairly well, unlike its sequels. The story itself is primitive, but works for this type of movie. It is very stylish, and the soundtrack is awesome. A shame what happened to Brandon Lee.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 12:11 am

A CURE FOR WELLNESS
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 A-cure-for-wellness-gore-verbinski
A great and original horror fable, Verbinski´s best movie. Fine performances, terrific score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next