More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+4
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
trevanian
Phantom Commander
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 11:22 am

Cats - a 'let's lol at the terribleness' screening as part of a local arts festival. I'd heard it was bad of course, but nothing quite prepares you ... it's as well the venue has a bar in the room. It's like something made by shoddily programmed AI, yet was made by actual people.

I wanted to look away, but couldn't. It's MESMERISINGLY shit.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 9:49 am

KARDEC
Portuguese film about Hippolyte Ravail aka Allan Kardec who was the first to do a scientific study about communication with spirits. Very good film.
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 25915612
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 6:08 pm

The Holdovers - bittersweet 70s-set comedy drama that reunites Alexander Payne with Paul Giamatti for the first time since Sideways. Giamatti plays a curmudgeonly teacher at a boarding school who is tasked with looking after the 'holdovers' (the boarders who have nowhere else to go) during the Christmas holidays. Giamatti, the debuting Dominic Sessa and Da'vine Joy Randolph (as the school's cook) are all very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 7:02 pm

MENENDEZ. PARTE 1: EL DIA DEL SENOR (Day of the Lord)
Spanish/Mexican "possession horror" which is quite clever and crazy. Terrific performances. Look forward to parte 2.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 10:13 pm

Death of Stalin (2016)

If you can get past a pack o' Limeys and Yanks playing Soviet officialdom without even attempting Russian accents, and using early-21st-century idioms, this is an amusing film. And Olga Kurylenko looks great.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 5:11 am

A solid black comedy. I think Cockney-sounding Stalin and the other British or American regional accents add to the humour in their own way.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 7:26 am

Very funny film. I enjoyed seeing Michael Palin in something with a bit of 'bite' to it for the first time in several years.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 3:46 pm

Jason Isaacs--a Scotish Zhukov. Reminds me of Sherrick as the Scots, Russian gaoler in the Soviet airbase in the middle of Afghanistan (TLD). If nothing else, you've got to give credit for the chutzpah.

Belay that. I see Isaacs is a Liverpudlian. Could have fooled me. Guess I'm not all that up on Blighty accents.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 7:31 am

Jaws 2 - undoubtedly the best of the 3 sequels, albeit with shark attacks that just aren't the match of those in the classic original. The reappearances of Roy Scheider, Lorraine Gary and Murray Hamilton (and Mr Williams) do help quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 1:22 pm

CJB wrote:
Worth watching? It looked like it was following the NTTD trope of stoopid old white  hero replaced by superior boss girl etc. That said, I’ve never been a big Indy-ite so I’m not as emotionally invested.

It was horrendous, possibly worse than Crystal Skull in that it also exposed James Mangold's limitations as an action filmmaker.

Series really should have ended with the perfect shot of Indy, Sallah, Marcus and Henry Sr. riding off into the sunset. It is better to still pretend it did.

Both subsequent films have failed both in terms of writing but also the sheer visual quality. Dial of Destiny especially looked really bad in some sequences.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 1:25 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Rogue One is indeed good stuff. Solo starts well, but goes awry. Its box-office failure was interesting ... one assumes that Disney were under the impression that anything Star Wars would automatically rake in the dollars, and here was proof to the contrary.  

Solo and Rogue One are the best two Disney SW properties.
On TV, it's Andor.

The third act of Rogue One is truly fantastic action film-making.

And Solo is easy to love if you love westerns, which I do. I guess if you expect a more familiar SW film, it will be a letdown.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 2:04 pm

Salome, long time no see. Been busy?

THE NEGOTIATOR

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 Maxresdefault
Decent drama/thriller with Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey in two of the main parts.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 4:10 pm

Yes, glad to see you back, Sabs.

Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

A very good film, indeed. Ray Harryhausen's effects are inegious, of course. There is Honor Blackman and her impudent little smirk, and, if you've been itching to see Sir Donald Munger with his shirt off--and who among us hasn't?!--then this is your flick.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 9:09 am

Salomé wrote:

Series really should have ended with the perfect shot of Indy, Sallah, Marcus and Henry Sr. riding off into the sunset. It is better to still pretend it did.

I suspect so.

Bond should've probably wrapped up with him sticking diamonds into Halle Berry in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 6:16 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Salome, long time no see. Been busy?

THE NEGOTIATOR

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 Maxresdefault
Decent drama/thriller with Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey in two of the main parts.

Yeah but do like to pop back in once and a while. :)
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 6:16 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Yes, glad to see you back, Sabs.

Cheers Khanners. :)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 7:32 am

Baby please
Baby please don't go
I got lies to feed
They want skin and seed
And don't make me crawl
Please
Baby don't bite your lip
Give you half what I got
If you untie the knot
It's a promise

Salome... salome
Shake it shake it shake it salome
Salome... shake it shake it shake it salome

Baby please
Baby what's that tune
Well I heard it before
When I crawled from your door
And my blood turned blue

Please
Baby please slow down
Baby I feel sick
Don't make me stick to my promise

Salome... salome

Baby please
Baby don't say no
Won't you dance for me
Under the cherry tree
Won't you swing down low
Please
Baby please say yes
Baby don't go away
You're spilling me

And your precious love
Salome... salome
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 3:56 pm

BARDO- FALSE CHRONICLE OF A HANDFUL OF TRUTHS
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 Bardo_or_False_Chronicle_of_a_Handful_of_Truths-202898717-large
Inarritu always provides something original and great. This is no exception.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 6:12 pm

Piranha (1978) - think I preferred the 2010 remake, to be honest. If measuring by the B-movie 'yardsticks' (chuckles, gore, tits) it's got more of all of them.

Still, quite fun ... the piranha attacks are pretty well done, and Paul Bartel and Joe Dante stalwart Dick Miller put in quite amusing turns.
Back to top Go down
Maeve Horton
'R'
'R'
Maeve Horton

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 6:53 pm

That sounds like a more scaled down version of Jaws. smile
Back to top Go down
https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com/
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 4:43 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Piranha (1978) - think I preferred the 2010 remake, to be honest. If measuring by the B-movie 'yardsticks' (chuckles, gore, tits) it's got more of all of them.

Completely agree.

NABOER (Neighbours or Next Door as the English title is))
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 4
Norwegian psychological thriller. This one is really sick and unpleasant. Deals with insanity of the worst kind. Great score that helps sell the unsettling mood.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 7:20 am

Maeve Horton wrote:
That sounds like a more scaled down version of Jaws. smile

Aye, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 7:24 am

Death To Smoochy - black comedy directed by and starring Danny DeVito. When a kid's TV presenter (Robin Williams) is fired due to a bribery scandal, he vows revenge on his replacement (Edward Norton). Uneven, but still quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 6:19 pm

DE NÆRMESTE (The nearest)
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 514105164-942da0e2d67029342f425cbff2feaa9a4add0bae6973b514fb1185a7ad60c554-d_750x421
Norwegian family drama with excellent performances. It kept me interested in what happened next throughout.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 am

AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 7cd85355-3325-4439-b34d-3bfcff41ed7e-large16x9_rev1AQMJWFP0133_High_Res_JPEG
There is nothing worthwhile here. I know this is aimed at children, but still. The first had at least a couple of cool scenes. This one is just plain dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next