More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)

Go down 
+16
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
FourDot
Chief of SIS
Fae
jaguar007
saint mark
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
MBalje
bondfan06
Salomé
Makeshift Python
tiffanywint
Control
GeneralGogol
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Here's the 8-Min trailer that APPLE claims you can stream for FREE BUT you must first allow APPLE to shove the iTUNES software on your PC first;

but for some reason, there are many people who haven't been able to stream it unless they authorize their iTUNES software to buy the movie soundtrack!!

So I just saved y'all the trouble of dealing with APPLE and iTUNES!!

Click on the link, then click on DIRECT DOWNLOAD

http://www.multiupload.com/9W8K0KKSNR
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:29 pm

saint mark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
I'm not so sure this will be a commercial success. Might be a little too dark for that. But it does have Fincher's name it, no less, and after "The Social Network," I wouldn't be surprised if it sees decent returns.

I expect this to be more of a critical success than a box office one.

And a lot of people have seen the TV series quite recently and the niew movie isn't that different from the Swedish version. With all the competition this movie gets that just might make the difference where people decide to watch another movie instyead of something they have seen or read recently..

I think it's a very odd counter-move to put it out during the holidays, but at least the previews have been upfront and honest about it being the "feel bad movie of Christmas". Having seen the Swedish version actually makes me want to see the English version more, because even though the Swedish version was fairly faithful to the book and the performances were good, you miss feeling the total impact of the drama when its not in your native language. I had to spend half my time reading the subtitles rather than watching the performances. I've also read that Fincher has changed the ending in his movie, and put some material back in the movie that the Swedish version left out.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
saint mark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
I'm not so sure this will be a commercial success. Might be a little too dark for that. But it does have Fincher's name it, no less, and after "The Social Network," I wouldn't be surprised if it sees decent returns.

I expect this to be more of a critical success than a box office one.

And a lot of people have seen the TV series quite recently and the niew movie isn't that different from the Swedish version. With all the competition this movie gets that just might make the difference where people decide to watch another movie instyead of something they have seen or read recently..

I think it's a very odd counter-move to put it out during the holidays, but at least the previews have been upfront and honest about it being the "feel bad movie of Christmas". Having seen the Swedish version actually makes me want to see the English version more, because even though the Swedish version was fairly faithful to the book and the performances were good, you miss feeling the total impact of the drama when its not in your native language. I had to spend half my time reading the subtitles rather than watching the performances. I've also read that Fincher has changed the ending in his movie, and put some material back in the movie that the Swedish version left out.

Good point, but I'' wait on the dvd=rental, if at all. We have the Swedish miniseries at home.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I've read the books and I've seen all 3 Swedish movies and I think that Fincher's version is more thorough and more faithful to the books than the Swedish movies
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:49 pm

j7wild wrote:
I've read the books and I've seen all 3 Swedish movies and I think that Fincher's version is more thorough and more faithful to the books than the Swedish movies

Those movies are distilled from a six part tv series (each episode one and a half hour) tough to get more thorough.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:23 pm

saint mark wrote:
j7wild wrote:

Those movies are distilled from a six part tv series (each episode one and a half hour) tough to get more thorough.

So the first two Swedish films that I saw last week that were each a little over 2 hours long....they were the extended versions? I was under the impression they may have been the short version, and that there was additional scenes that were being put back in for the American dvd release that would make them over 2.5 hours long. I would have assumed, for example, that Michael's relationship with Erica at Millennium would have been part of the expanded scenes from 'Tattoo', as there was no hint of it in bare bones version I saw.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Tattoo-Trilogy-Noomi-Rapace/dp/B005JTLTI4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322861063&sr=8-2

I was right. I did not see the extended versions of 'Tattoo' and 'Fire' on Netflix streaming last week. The "Extended Editions" of the Trilogy will be released on December 6th, with a running time of 540 minutes, which comes out to 3 hours for each film. The 2 films I saw were about 2 hours and 5 minutes each, so there is plenty of additional material to go back into the films that may make them even closer to the book (for instance, there was no footage of Michael and his cat in the limited edition of 'Tattoo', which rivals the bunny in the boiling pot scene from FATAL ATTRACTION).
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 pm

So the three subtitled films that I saw in cinema are edited down versions of the original tv series?

Are you saying GR, that extended versions of the Swedish theatrical films will be released on Dec 6.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Like they did with The Social Network, Reznor and Ross have released a six-track sampler from the OST.

http://www.nullco.com/GDT/
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
So the three subtitled films that I saw in cinema are edited down versions of the original tv series?

Are you saying GR, that extended versions of the Swedish theatrical films will be released on Dec 6.

I assume by "GR" that you meant me....

Here is what is being released to American retailers next week (Tuesday, December 6th):

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 51WUO0E%2BUHL._SL500_AA300_

From Amazon:
Millenium Trilogy Extended Versions The Salander saga gets reformatted for the small screen. 4 Stars By Richard Jordan | Sep 15th 2011 Read more: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo review | TotalFilm.com Adapting a worldwide bestseller is a tricky prospect be too slavish and you risk alienating new audiences; cut too much out and you ll anger the faithful. The solution? Two versions! So the producers of the Stieg Larsson-inspired Millennium Trilogy follow up their leaner, cinematic cuts with an extended mini-series. Here we have the three movies re-edited into six episodes, as shown on Swedish telly complete with a natty new title sequence and handy Previously On... catch-ups. First up is Niels Arden Oplev s gently tweaked The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which sees discredited journo Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) and genius hacker Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) teaming up to investigate a missing girl. This superior opening two-parter is as tight and compelling as its big-screen counterpart, but it s Daniel Alfredson s sequels that really benefit from the new format. Dense revenge pic The Girl Who Played With Fire and complex conspiracy thriller The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest get a whopping 55 and 39 minutes of extra footage, respectively. There s no drastic new set-pieces, but the longer run times allow the exposition-heavy plot to unfurl at a more leisurely pace and gives several supporting characters notably Blomkvist squeeze and Millennium editor Erika Berger (Lena Endre) room to breathe. One thing that hasn t changed, though, is Rapace s fascinating and committed turn as the damaged Salander an iconic performance that holds the whole series together. If revisiting the originals ahead of David Fincher s remake proves one thing, it s that young pretender Rooney Mara has some mighty big emo boots to fill. DVD Extras: Interviews Featurette Vanger family tree Photo gallery

What I'm understanding is that, yes, if you saw these movies in the cinema (or on Netflix as I did) you saw the "theatrical version". Now they are re-releasing these films, but putting 55 minutes back into 'Fire' and 39 minutes back into 'Hornet's Nest'. Furthermore, it sounds as if 'Tattoo' is merely being tweaked with some footage, but that it is Fire and Hornet's Nest that are really going to benefit from the deleted scenes.

So yes, if you saw them in the theaters you didn't see the fullest version that is now available. I'll probably be buying these films, as they are at a good price. Obviously this is all being timed to coincide with the Dec.21st release of the Fincher/Craig version.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 pm

They showed on our television as 6 episodes of one and a half hour, two episodes would be the tale of one of the books.
Therefore I have never watched the movies.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:59 am

this is what I have on my Hard Drive for the 3 Swedish made films:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 2 hrs and 28 min

The Girl Who Played with Fire 2 hrs and 2 min

3 The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest 2 hrs and 20 min

and they are still the edited down versions?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:31 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

What I'm understanding is that, yes, if you saw these movies in the cinema (or on Netflix as I did) you saw the "theatrical version". Now they are re-releasing these films, but putting 55 minutes back into 'Fire' and 39 minutes back into 'Hornet's Nest'. Furthermore, it sounds as if 'Tattoo' is merely being tweaked with some footage, but that it is Fire and Hornet's Nest that are really going to benefit from the deleted scenes.

So yes, if you saw them in the theaters you didn't see the fullest version that is now available. I'll probably be buying these films, as they are at a good price. Obviously this is all being timed to coincide with the Dec.21st release of the Fincher/Craig version.
Thanks GS! for the update. That makes sense. btw, "GR"-I was thinking the Pat Benatar album "Gravity's Rainbow"
saint mark wrote:
They showed on our television as 6 episodes of one and a half hour, two episodes would be the tale of one of the books.
Therefore I have never watched the movies.
Sounds like you've already seen the extended versions then, as originally aired.

j7wild wrote:
this is what I have on my Hard Drive for the 3 Swedish made films:
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 2 hrs and 28 min
The Girl Who Played with Fire 2 hrs and 2 min
3 The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest 2 hrs and 20 min
and they are still the edited down versions?
The times that you have above J7, equate roughly with the run-time posted on IMDB for each theatrical release. Your times are a few minutes lighter for each movie, so it seems like you have the theatrical versions on your harddrive.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:01 am

thanks tiffanywint

guess I will have to buy the extended trilogy for my stores for rent and for sale

some customer is going to ask for it
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 pm

j7wild wrote:
thanks tiffanywint

guess I will have to buy the extended trilogy for my stores for rent and for sale

J7 if you don't mind my asking, how do you know how many copies to buy for sale and rent, and will the distributors or whoever, refund product you can't sell. Just wondering?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:37 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:
thanks tiffanywint

J7 if you don't mind my asking, how do you know how many copies to buy for sale and rent, and will the distributors or whoever, refund product you can't sell. Just wondering?

for big blockbusters, like POTC and Transformers, I usually get about 25 copies per store for rent and the sale copies, most of the times, are sold in bulk of 20 or 25 from the distributor.

there are some movies, the smaller titles, where you can just order 1 or 2 at a time.

For something like the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, I will order 5 copies per store for rent and 12 per store for sale.

I'm not sure if there will be much demand for it after the Fincher's movie is long gone from the theater!

I'd already have the regular version of the DVD trilogy in stock and so far, there hasn't been a mob rush for it.

Distributor will give a partial credit to movies that were in the rental library that are returned to them but not much.

So most of the time a few months after the rental rush for a title has died down, we sell them as previously used copies so this way we can also make room for the new releases.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Quote :
I'm not sure if there will be much demand for it after the Fincher's movie is long gone from the theater!

I'm not so sure. Everything directed by David Fincher tends to stick around like a turd that won't flush.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Sharky wrote:
Quote :

I'm not so sure. Everything directed by David Fincher tends to stick around like a turd that won't flush.

no, I meant when Fincher's version is playing in the theaters, people will be coming around asking for the Swedish trilogy but once Fincher's movie goes off the theaters, people will forget about the Swedish trilogy too
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:13 pm

j7wild wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Quote :

no, I meant when Fincher's version is playing in the theaters, people will be coming around asking for the Swedish trilogy but once Fincher's movie goes off the theaters, people will forget about the Swedish trilogy too

Thanks for the info J7. Interesting. I think you are right. Once the Fincher film is out of sight and mind, interest in the new extended trilogy might die down too.

So what do you do with your unsold stock? I'm guessing you don't slash it way down in price, to prevent customers from putting off buying until the big markdown. And I'm guessing your margins are such that as long as you sell enough to make a profit, what doesn't get sold is just unrealized profit?
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:51 pm

I love those markdowns - I rarely buy DVDs at full price ... I'm cheap like that.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:17 am

FourDot wrote:
Like they did with The Social Network, Reznor and Ross have released a six-track sampler from the OST.

http://www.nullco.com/GDT/
Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 am

Downloading it now.

Just saw the full trailer, too. Looks like this might be a good film. We'll see.

I'd like to catch it opening day.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 pm

I was looking at the cast listing for the movie on IMDB.

There is a listing for the actress playing Young Harriet Vanger but not a listing for an actress playing an older Harriet Vanger.

So I'd asked who is playing the older Harriet Vanger and supposedly, Fincher is keeping that a surprise.

How is he able to keep that a secret until the film is released?

What's the point of keeping it a secret?

There are some rumours that Gwyneth Paltrow maybe the older Harriet Vanger.

Has anyone heard anything about this?!?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Fae wrote:
I love those markdowns - I rarely buy DVDs at full price ... I'm cheap like that.

I meant the kind of markdowns that you never see. I'm cheap too like that but I have noticed retailers will only mark down so low. Like scalpers at sporting events have a price floor, they won't go below. They'll eat the surplus tickets rather than go below a certain price.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:49 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

Thanks for the info J7.

So what do you do with your unsold stock? I'm guessing you don't slash it way down in price, to prevent customers from putting off buying until the big markdown. And I'm guessing your margins are such that as long as you sell enough to make a profit, what doesn't get sold is just unrealized profit?

We have a big bin we throw NEW DVD titles that the distributor won't buy back or give us partial credits for and we sell them for as low as $4.99 each to as high as $9.99 each and sometime, buy 3 get 1 (of equal or lesser value) free.

It depends on the title, how long the title has been released, and the manufacturer.

We still have over 30,000 VHS that no one wants to buy, new and used, regular movies and adult.

We even tried to have a sale once for $1 to $2 each and we only sold a few.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next