More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)

Go down 
+16
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
FourDot
Chief of SIS
Fae
jaguar007
saint mark
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
MBalje
bondfan06
Salomé
Makeshift Python
tiffanywint
Control
GeneralGogol
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:14 am

YouTube encode of the 8-Min trailer (up to 1080p)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7awaM0UmY

TV Spots

Featurette

Movie Clips

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:41 am

Saw this tonight. Even at 2.5 hours long, the story is expertly handled, never becoming particularly long in the tooth (though I suppose you could argue it goes on for about 15 minutes too long) or convoluted.

Can probably thank Rooney Mara for that. She's a real treat to watch, though the same can't be said for Craig. Expected more from the visuals (they were just kind of drab, though I really liked the titles) and the score is nothing more than background droning, but in the end, TGWTDT is an at-times-pulpy thriller done right, even if it's far from a fun watch. In fact, it's probably the best film I've ever seen with anal rape.

Not sure I enjoyed it more than The Social Network, but alas.

Last edited by Jack Wade on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:13 am

Quote :
In fact, it's probably the best film I've ever seen with anal rape.

THUNDERBALL's pretty good.

http://screenmusings.org/Thunderball/pages/Thbll_091.htm
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 am

Sharky wrote:
Quote :
In fact, it's probably the best film I've ever seen with anal rape.

THUNDERBALL's pretty good.

http://screenmusings.org/Thunderball/pages/Thbll_091.htm

Is Connery the victim?

Or the machine?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 am

I just watched this today.

CONTAINS SPOILERS to the ending if you HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 pm

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 1846132249 Good little time waster. It wasn't terribly different from the original Swedish version.

Some really good pussy work. I'm talking about the actual cat. Meow. 🐱 Actual photo of cat in the movie below.

The fine work of this tabby, is on a par with the best of the Blofeld cats or Stacey Sutton's feline in AVTAK.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 Tumblr_lwxeav2v4D1qz72b4o1_500

But speaking of, Rooney Mara does naked with a lot more enthusiasm that Noomi Rapace. Worth checking out.

I kind of missed the subtitles though as there is a lot of mumble dialogue, especially from our man Craig. At least with the Swedish-version subtitles, I knew what was going on at all times.

Amazing how I managed to forget the story from last year's viewing, and was again suprised by the big "Harriet reveal" at the end.

I did like the length of the film, 2 hrs 37 min. I like getting my money's worth in cinema, except for over-kill action orgies like Transformers where less is more. But mystery thrillers like Dragon Tattoo move at a nice pace, so the longer the better - just like a good Bond film.

The two Bond stars, Craig and Steven Berkoff do share a lot of screen time.

The opening titles were the hi-lite of the film IMO. Very Binder-Bond like with Trent Reznor's remixed Zep classic, Immigrant Song, blasting over the images. Good edgy, dangerous, rock n' roll start for the dark proceedings to come.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4