More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?

Go down 
+22
RobDudley
Drax
Blunt Instrument
Salomé
Fae
jaguar007
GeneralGogol
Makeshift Python
Seve
danslittlefinger
Harmsway
tiffanywint
Loomis
Santa
bitchcraft
Fort Knox
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
CJB
Lazenby.
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?
Yes
Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 7 ]
No
Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Vote_lcap80%Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Sharky wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Hasn't there been an actor cast for B23 who's publicly admitted to having a hard-on for DC or kissed DC in a previous flick? Or maybe I'm just getting rumors mixed up with reality.

Rachel Weisz?

Rachel Weisz has got a hardon? I guess that explains the marriage.

I assumed the use of the phrase "hard-on" was for illustrative, symbolic purposes only and not meant to be literal. A woman can get a......nah, forget it.

On a side note...THE NAKED GUN films are coming to blu-ray next month. Sadly, there are none of the numerous deleted scenes on the blu-ray discs that fans have known about for years and wanted, and basically the same extras and commentaries from the standard dvd releases several years ago. I won't be buying the blu-ray versions.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Hasn't there been an actor cast for B23 who's publicly admitted to having a hard-on for DC or kissed DC in a previous flick? Or maybe I'm just getting rumors mixed up with reality.

That was Rhys Ifans. I believe he denied the rumour. But yes, he played Craig's obsessed stalker in one movie.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Dats da guy, GG.
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 am

Lazenby. wrote:
and turned into a drivel-spouting wuss by one at the end of CR.

Odd this critique coming from someone who call OHMSS as their favorite Bond film. Bond was no less sappy and wussy in CR than he was in CR (for the record, both films are in my top 5, so I guess I like a sappy wussy Bond).
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Dats da guy, GG.
Craig and Ifans had a big on-screen smooch.
btw, Is there any doubt. Craig is hands down the gayest Bond of all, and I mean that in the nicest and most progressively,inclusive and tolerant way 🐱
And I'm sticking to my guns. The bar scene was totally gay. And trust me, I'm not looking for this stuff.
But next to Wint and Kidd, and both Charles Gray characters, that was the gayest Bond scene of all. Slam dunk!:bball:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:40 am

I dunno, I might give it to Brosnan for his intimate relationship with 006. "For England, James?" *Bond takes a moment to look deep into 006's eyes* "For England, Alec". Then there's that bit where he's holding Jack Wade at gunpoint demanding to see his ass tattoo.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:35 am

jaguar007 wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:
and turned into a drivel-spouting wuss by one at the end of CR.

Odd this critique coming from someone who call OHMSS as their favorite Bond film.

Since when does Bond spout rubbish like "do you know what I can do with me little finger", "wouldn't you be naked?", "whatever's left of me" etc. Compared to that, Maibaum/Raven's dialogue is pretty natural and down to earth.

tiffanywint wrote:
Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Dats da guy, GG.
Craig and Ifans had a big on-screen smooch.
btw, Is there any doubt. Craig is hands down the gayest Bond of all, and I mean that in the nicest and most progressively,inclusive and tolerant way 🐱
And I'm sticking to my guns. The bar scene was totally gay. And trust me, I'm not looking for this stuff.
But next to Wint and Kidd, and both Charles Gray characters, that was the gayest Bond scene of all. Slam dunk!:bball:

Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Camp+bag

Your new avatar.

Last edited by Sharky on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

^ Well clearly gay Blofeld was getting to Sean here. Sean was trying to lull Blofeld into a false sense of security before everyone got sent to hell with their boss
Makeshift Python wrote:
I dunno, I might give it to Brosnan for his intimate relationship with 006. "For England, James?" *Bond takes a moment to look deep into 006's eyes* "For England, Alec". Then there's that bit where he's holding Jack Wade at gunpoint demanding to see his ass tattoo.
OK Craig = gay Bond #1 Brozzer #2
The other 4 = raving heteros
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:52 am

I don't see why if an actor was gay and was playing Bond that would be a problem.

However making the character gay shouldn't happen.

And I can't see a black Bond.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

Pardon me, do people often mention the term 'homophobic' in your presence? Ever happened to you?
You know, I'm not looking for such peeps, but, well, there is it and there are you seeing a homoerotic subtext in a scene not many others see it, and, you know, it would seem to suggest you spend an unusual lot of thought on it.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Sharky wrote:

Since when does Bond spout rubbish like "do you know what I can do with me little finger", "wouldn't you be naked?", "whatever's left of me" etc. Compared to that, Maibaum/Raven's dialogue is pretty natural and down to earth.

God I couldn't stand that line "Whatever's left of me...is yours". Give me a "That's my little Octopussy" or "If it's '69 you were expecting me." any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:48 pm

I believe we have the Haggfish to thank for those drecky lines in CR's last quarter.
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:02 pm

What was so gay about the bar scene???

I find Craig the most masculine Bond since Connery, I see nothing gay about him.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Kennon wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:

Pardon me, do people often mention the term 'homophobic' in your presence? Ever happened to you?
You know, I'm not looking for such peeps, but, well, there is it and there are you seeing a homoerotic subtext in a scene not many others see it, and, you know, it would seem to suggest you spend an unusual lot of thought on it.
I guess subtext is beyond your understanding, but anyway thanks for your sharp insights :roll:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:07 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Kennon wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:

I guess subtext is beyond your understanding, but anyway thanks for your sharp insights :roll:

Oh, you're welcome. Glad if I could help you out there. At least now you know why. ;)
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Fae wrote:
I don't see why if an actor was gay and was playing Bond that would be a problem.
However making the character gay shouldn't happen.
And I can't see a black Bond.
Fae, must agree with you on all three points :)
A gay actor could very well play Bond. He would just have to pull off the role credibly and come across as very hetero. Realistically though how many "out" gay actors are playing such roles. Coming "out" might take them out of consideration for such roles and pose a potential marketing problem for studios trying to push them in such roles, but such real world considerations aside, acting is acting. A straight actor can play gay and vice versa.
It could be done with Bond, if everything fell into place just right.
But no, the character must remain quintessentially English, of white ethnicity and hetero. As envisioned by Fleming.
Kennon wrote:

Oh, you're welcome. Glad if I could help you out there. At least now you know why. ;)
I have no idea what you are going on about, but I trust you amuse yourself at least.;)
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:16 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Realistically though how many "out" gay actors are playing such roles.
There's Jeremy Renner.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Harmsway wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
There's Jeremy Renner.

Interesting, so there are precedents. Who knows Rock Hudson might have come out, if he were acting today. Then again maybe not. I have no idea. It's a personal choice on the part of the actor.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Matt Bomer
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Harmsway wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
There's Jeremy Renner.

Jeremy Renner's gay?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Loomis wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
There's Jeremy Renner.

Jeremy Renner's gay?

Yes. I brought that up over at CBn months and months ago in a very similar thread.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, I've done a bit of Googling, and it seems to me that if Renner's gay he's in the closet. He's certainly not an "out" gay actor, not in any way, shape or form, unless someone can point me to sources that make it clear he's as openly gay as, for instance, Elton John or George Michael.

As things stand, I must conclude that Renner is no more gay than any other leading man who's occasionally been the subject of gay rumours, such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta or Daniel Craig.

If Renner is gay - great! He'd have my support. I like him as an actor and would continue to do so, and I'm sure most of his fans would feel the same. On the other hand, there's nothing to suggest that he's gay except for the usual tabloid and forum tittle-tattle.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Loomis wrote:
Well, I've done a bit of Googling, and it seems to me that if Renner's gay he's in the closet. He's certainly not an "out" gay actor, not in any way, shape or form, unless someone can point me to sources that make it clear he's as openly gay as, for instance, Elton John or George Michael.

As things stand, I must conclude that Renner is no more gay than any other leading man who's occasionally been the subject of gay rumours, such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta or Daniel Craig.

If Renner is gay - great! He'd have my support. I like him as an actor and would continue to do so, and I'm sure most of his fans would feel the same. On the other hand, there's nothing to suggest that he's gay except for the usual tabloid and forum tittle-tattle.

The story I read was that he wasn't really "in the closet" until The Hurt Locker started getting attention and his career prospects in America picked up. Apparently his old high school drama teacher, upon learning of The Hurt Locker doing well, congratulated Jeremy and his life partner in a media interview down in Australia. Just sayin'...

Also was going through Season 2 of South Park and came across a "Ricky Martin is gay" joke, and season 2 was roughtly 1998-99, and yet he only just "came out" a few months ago.

And I'm sure Renner is no more gay than Rock Hudson, Richard Chamberlain, Lance Bass, Adam Lambert, or Bryan Singer was when they were officially "not gay". Most of society has already accepted that certain actors and actresses are gay, even when they are reluctant to publicly say anything for fear of losing their careers. In Ricky Martin's case, his fans knew for years...and years...and years....in fact, by the time he tried to capitalize on it with a new album and a book about his life, his fan base took one huge yawn and passed on it. They'd already worked that out 10 years prior.

So if some people want to believe that Travolta has even the slightest shred of genuine interest in women go right ahead and believe it. But I don't.Honesty, I'd believe everything The National Enquirer ever printed before I'd believe one word out of a publicist's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 pm

My first post and POV.
http://www.gossipcop.com/daniel-craig-roosterfish-gay-bar-kissing-man-james-bond/
- not true
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2008/sep/22/1
- DC no to gay bond
http://commanderbond.net/4104/barbara-broccoli-on-bond-daniel-craig-casino-royale-and-more.html
- DC swimming trunks scene not as planned.

We should never let the truth get in the way of a good story, if you throw enough mud some of it will stick. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

I find it rather bizarre that a heterosexual person needs to act a certain way and only say certain things to prove their straight, being true to one self should be enough. Surely it’s the other persons own hang ups and insecurities that are suspect.

DC doesn’t divulge much regarding his private life, family and friends, takes on roles that the image conscious are wary of, is not homophobic with his friendships, ignores the paps, and rarely responds to provocative gossip which makes him an easy target for certain sections of fandom and the media. Kudos to the man for ignoring the snide attacks that still continue post 2005.

Regarding the blue trunks, this type of swimwear is frequently worn on European beaches. If we are going to gaydar Craig Bond, why not do the same for Connery Bond flaunting his hairy chest, parading in his baby blue playsuit, the wearing of the colour pink e.g. tie, shirt and tight shorts.

And while we’re at it shouldn’t we worry that Connery was groomed to be the perfect Bond by a team that included gays. We all know don’t we what happens to boys who go to private schools perhaps Bond got b------- by his class mates.

As illustrated above, if we are so inclined it’s quite easy to paint someone in a bad light by twisting things to fit our agenda, kind of sad really.

I think the International Women’s Day video subliminal or otherwise hit its mark, if the grinding of teeth is anything to go by. It would seem these frickin women don’t know their place. A fictional character supposedly the epitome and standard bearer for manhood is unsurprisingly still indicative of who should remain at the top of the totem pole. I think the whining to maintain the status quo pretty much sums up what for some takes precedence over the plight of the debased and vulnerable.

For those complaining about the world being too PC, the term is quite overblown and should be viewed as a more civilised form of meting out quotas. Obama is a prime example of how to neutralise minorities without spilling blood and if and when there is any blood letting he’s set up to be the perfect patsy for all demographics.

The public face of progression really shines brightly, get past the smoke and mirrors and you’ll find the same old institutions still pulling the strings and controlling their puppet(s), they may snap on occasion, but will be strengthened to a rope for lynching and then guess what, it’s business as usual and the cycle of (in)equality continues.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:19 am

tilly wrote:
My first post and POV.
http://www.gossipcop.com/daniel-craig-roosterfish-gay-bar-kissing-man-james-bond/
- not true

We should never let the truth get in the way of a good story, if you throw enough mud some of it will stick. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

I'm only going to debate the first part of your post tonight but I'll be back to pick up the rest tomorrow.

The Gossip Cop report you mentioned is nothing more than another tabloid-wannabee trying to go behind an established tabloid and "fact check" it, but there's nothing in the report to indicate one item of the Enquirer's report was innacurate. For example, Gossip Cop (whoever they are) concedes that Craig was actually in the Roosterfish at the time the Enquirer alleges, with gay male friends.

The fact that Gossip Cop could not find anyone to corroborate the Enquirer's story is not evidence that the Lovin', Touchin' and Squeezin' didn't occur; we don't know how many people Gossip Cop spoke to and whether they were in a position to know or see anything to begin with. The fact that one person said they saw Craig kissing a man in the parking lot (with probing tongues tongue ) only means that a handful of people were walking to their car at that time of night and were in a position to see Craig bumping uglies with another guy, and that the vast majority of the bar/restaurant patrons were still inside.

There's been no attack on Craig for being at the Roosterfish, so I'm not sure why the long, defensive post was warranted. I'm sure Daniel Craig is all man and he sexually satisfies Rachel Weisz 3 times a night and once during the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Previous Debate: Are the current team paving the way for a gay Bond?
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next