More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

NFL Football

Go down 
+8
Big Boss
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
Tubes
j7wild
tiffanywint
Capsule in Space
Gravity's Silhouette
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

NFL Football - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Sean Payton and the General Manager of The Taints need to be fired. They are dirty. And of course as an Atlanta Falcons fan I'm loving every minute of the scandal and disgrace that Payton and Loomis have brought to a city that was already a hotbed of criminal activity.

Hopefully Payton will lose his job and take Drew Brees with him, because I'm not sure we can beat The Taints with that combo still in New Orleans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/saints-coach-sean-payton-and-general-manager-mickey-loomis-ackowledge-responsibility-for-bounty-scandal/2012/03/06/gIQADs3SvR_blog.html
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:39 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Na na na na na. This is win-win. Manning's time is done in Indy. He's 36 years old and the Colts are the worst team in the league. Manning will say all the right things, but he knows the Colts aren't a good fit anymore.

Colts have the top pick in the draft. Makes more sense to try and build another dynasty around Andrew Luck, who should be the top pick. Manning would only hold the guy back. He's better off elsewhere.

Manning is signing with Denver according to ESPN. Tebow is out; he'll be traded. In the end it might work out better for Tebow to go to Jacksonville, but John Elway has screwed the fans in Denver. He's mortgaged the team in hopes of securing a short term Superbowl with Manning, which he won't get. He's going to trade Tebow, who is 12 years younger than Manning, in better physical shape, and had his whole NFL career ahead of him for someone who is in the waning years of his NFL life.

Tebow will go someplace else and be a winner; Manning will get hurt this season and not be able to finish it. The Broncos will finish 6-10, and the fans will start burning Elway in effigy. They had a winner in their grasp and they let him go rather than work with him.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 pm

I don't get this Denver decision.

I could had see it if Manning went to Miami or Tennesse or some other team, maybe even Dallas.

But to get rid of Tebow?

Didn't he take them to the Playoffs?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 pm

j7wild wrote:
I don't get this Denver decision.

I could had see it if Manning went to Miami or Tennesse or some other team, maybe even Dallas.

But to get rid of Tebow?

Didn't he take them to the Playoffs?

I could live with it if they kept Tebow as their back-up and let him learn from Peyton. Or I can live with him being traded to Jacksonville. Suddenly those Jaguar games might get a bit more interesting. I could drive down there in 6 hours and see him play.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 pm

my feel on this is that Denver didn't need Peyton.

they have a young capable QB in Tebow who proved himself by taking them to the playoff after starting the season 1-4.

what if the Broncos got rid of Elway when he was in his 2nd year with them?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Tebow's a Jet. He gets to back-up Sanchez now. That should be fun.

I think Elway wanted a more traditional pass-happy quarterback like Peyton. Makes sense for Denver.

Tebow will get his chance in NY, if Sanchez falters.

Jets can be a real circus act, what with their big-mouth coach and the insanity of the Apple. Might be good for Tebow to learn to function in such an environment. He might even help tame and temper some of the animals in that locker room. Give the room some balance.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:23 am

Is this professional football or powder puff football?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-owners-approve-new-rules-changes-defensive-players-might-not-like-052411

So the new rules pretty much says if you tackle someone that's in possession of the ball, you can be ejected from the game.

The defensive players are going to be afraid to tackle anyone then!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:50 pm

It's only going to escalate, j7. Players committing suicide possibly because of brain injuries sustained from football isn't good PR for the sport.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:27 am

Stupid Useless Incompetent Houston Texans! 3 weeks ago they were the best team in the AFC. It looked like the 1st seed at home in the Divisional playoffs with a bye week is all locked in. In they past 3 weeks, they screwed themselves out of a bye week and 1st seed. So now they play in the wild card instead, at home, against the Bengals and even if they were to win, guess who will they play next? The New England Patriots in New England! The same team that the Texans lost to on Monday night back on December 10th, which started the 3 weeks downfall! Typical Houston sports team! Houston Texans! Houston Astros! Houston Rockets! The Old Houston Oilers! They all sucks! Houston sucks when it comes to sport!
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 am

j7wild wrote:
Stupid Useless Incompetent Houston Texans! 3 weeks ago they were the best team in the AFC. It looked like the 1st seed at home in the Divisional playoffs with a bye week is all locked in. In they past 3 weeks, they screwed themselves out of a bye week and 1st seed. So now they play in the wild card instead, at home, against the Bengals and even if they were to win, guess who will they play next? The New England Patriots in New England! The same team that the Texans lost to on Monday night back on December 10th, which started the 3 weeks downfall! Typical Houston sports team! Houston Texans! Houston Astros! Houston Rockets! The Old Houston Oilers! They all sucks! Houston sucks when it comes to sport!

Yes, I feel your pain. The T-dot is in a similar state, but at least we've suddenly got some upside glimmer with the baseball and hoops teams.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 am

tiffanywint wrote:

Yes, I feel your pain. The T-dot is in a similar state, but at least we've suddenly got some upside glimmer with the baseball and hoops teams.

The Tennesse Titans?
That's a big slap to Houston's Face.
They couldn't get to the Superbowl when they were the Houston Oilers so they had to move to another state, another city, become another team to get to it and win.
Houston Oilers still holds the record for losing a game they had the biggest winning margin at halftime.
After all these years, 20 years this week actually, people still talk about it.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm

By T-dot, I mean, Toronto, Ontario. T-dot is hip-hop for Toronto. I like to be hip with the kids.

The old Houston Oilers are the Tennesee Titans now, correct?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
By T-dot, I mean, Toronto, Ontario. T-dot is hip-hop for Toronto. I like to be hip with the kids.

The old Houston Oilers are the Tennesee Titans now, correct?

Yes they are and they are not doing too well this year, finishing the season at 6-10.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:20 pm

j7wild wrote:
You're playing the Bengals. I wouldn't worry too much.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
j7wild wrote:
You're playing the Bengals. I wouldn't worry too much.

The week after that, if we were to beat the Bengals, we play the Patriots again in Foxboro!
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 am

tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:

I can only feel your pain only so much though. Houston is sitting much better than T-Dot right about now. You've got a first place 12-4 NFL team with a home playoff game pending. Sure the Texans blew the #1 seed and a first round bye, but all considered its been a good year. Meanwhile the Rockets are playing over 500 and in playoff contention. The Astros though, yes are an embarassment, and coming off a horrendous season.

However, here in the T-Dot we have three major-league league teams, Maple Leafs, Blue Jays and Raptors all coming off horrible, well below 500 seasons. And the Raptors are doing it again, even if they have rebounded lately, they are still miles below 500 thanks to a 4-19 start.

As for playoffs, they are only a rumour around here. Raptors are on pace for 5 straight years out. Leafs have missed 8 straight years. Jays have missed for 19 straight seasons. We've had it worse in recent years, than any Major League city.

Go Texans! But I think the Manning/Brady Broncos/Pats AFC final should be a lock and a hell of a game, if we get it.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 am

20 years :affraid: ago today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football)
Back to top Go down
Big Boss

Big Boss

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:12 am

Go Bills

I am hoping they snagged Lovie Smith as the new coach and get rid of Shitspatrick .
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:42 am

Houston Texans beat the Cincinnati Bengals to advance to the AFC Divisional playoffs.

They won't stand a chance against the Patriots in Foxboro next week and even if by some miracle they were to win that game, they still have to worry about Denver!
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:44 am

j7wild wrote:
Houston Texans beat the Cincinnati Bengals to advance to the AFC Divisional playoffs.

They won't stand a chance against the Patriots in Foxboro next week and even if by some miracle they were to win that game, they still have to worry about Denver!

Don't get ahead of yourself. Denver could lose their game. Houston CAN beat New England in New England. Houston could still play yet another home game in the playoffs. Would I bet on these things happening? No. But it wouldn't surprise me either.

Incidentally, Joe Webb of the Vikings is just looking terrible. Awful passer. My God!
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 am

Denver lost in OT by a field goal!

I knew it was over for Denver when Manning got intercepted!

I am shocked that Baltimore beat Denver!

Shocked!
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 am

j7wild wrote:
Denver lost in OT by a field goal!

I knew it was over for Denver when Manning got intercepted!

I am shocked that Baltimore beat Denver!

Shocked!

I wasn't shocked that there was an "upset"; I expected at least one this weekend, and maybe two.

I had a quiet feeling, early on, that Denver could be in some real trouble. They never really could put Baltimore away, and they never lead by more than 7 points. One got the sense during the game that Denver was not as prepared as they should have been. The flow was disjointed; they committed too many penalties, and I think it disrupted their own tempo at times. The play calling was too conservative at the end by John Fox, but it was also infuriatingly predictable by Jim Caldwell of the Ravens. It's hard to beat any team twice, or even three times in the same season, and for that I felt that it would increase Denver's task against Baltimore (another reason why I'm keeping a watchful eye on the Texans-Patriots game), and sure enough it did.

Manning was.....pedestrian. 2 interceptions...a fumble...He did generate 297 yards of passing and 3 TD's, but.....we played him earlier in the year and picked him off on his very first throw, en route to a 3 interception game in which we (Falcons) beat the Broncos 27-21.

Broncos, if I recall correctly, had lost to 3 of the 4 teams that they played that ended up in the playoffs: Texans, Falcons, and Patriots...only beating Baltimore a few weeks ago.

Personally, I had no real dog in this fight. I have no love for the Ravens because they've allowed a murderer to be a member of their defense for the past 13 years, but I was soooooooooooooo sick of Vegas, and all the talking head, media elites essentially anointing the Broncos as Super Bowl Champions...some even going so far as to predict the inevitable Broncos-Patriots matchup as "the defacto Super Bowl"......yeah, not quite.

IT"S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME! It's played on a field...not in the colums of sports articles...or in the fantasy teams...or in the hopes and dreams of fans across the country....it's played on the field. So all the talk, all the prognosticating...all the talk about a "hot hand"..."momentum"....."inevitability" means nothing on game day. You strap it on and you create your own momentum that day. Ravens played a great game. Glad to see Flacco had a good day. But next week I'll be rooting for either the Patriots or the Texans to beat them.

P.S. Tim Tebow is 1-1 in the post season for Denver. Peyton Manning is 0-1. I guess shipping Tim off to the Jets didn't work out so well for the Broncos, did it Elway?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 am

Yes, I agree about Tebow. That whole thing didn't make sense to me. I like Manning but Denver should not had picked him up.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss

Big Boss

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 am

I hate the fucking Patriots.......
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am

Big Boss wrote:
I hate the fucking Patriots.......

They cheat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Football   NFL Football - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL Football
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next