More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)

Go down 
+42
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Manhunter
TedHeath
FG Wells
Vesper
Santa
saint mark
Loomis
Tubes
jet set willy
lachesis
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
j7wild
trevanian
bondfan06
Lazenby.
Hilly
Control
Fae
Mr. Trevelyan
GeneralGogol
Richard Hannay
CJB
SJK91
lalala2004
James. C
Fairbairn-Sykes
colly
HJackson
retrokitty
Louis Armstrong
Drax
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Jack Wade
FourDot
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 am

The cinema I'm going to has IMAX, not lieMAX. If I see TDKR a second time, I'll try to see it in IMAX. Before I go, I will take Flomax.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 am

Well, I'm looking at the soundtrack situation, and it looks like it will be a pain in the ass to get every track because of exclusive bonus ones, etc. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hate that shit.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:02 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
The cinema I'm going to has IMAX, not lieMAX. If I see TDKR a second time, I'll try to see it in IMAX. Before I go, I will take Flomax.

Buy a bottle of Pepsi Max at the concession stand, too.

I wouldn't worry about the soundtrack thing. It's really not that great.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:41 am

Control wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Buy a bottle of Pepsi Max at the concession stand, too.

It's the principal of the thing. Besides, I'm sure I can find way of procuring the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:44 am

I understand.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:54 am

The situation with the soundtrack is frustrating. But I bet ya after the initial push, they release a comprehensive 2-CD set, like they did with THE DARK KNIGHT. So if you're willing to wait, I bet you'll get a full release in time.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm

It's just like what they did with TRON: LEGACY. Almost encouraging bootlegs.

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Control wrote:

It's the most compelling score I've heard since since Alberto Iglesias's TINKER SAILOR SOLDIER SPY and THE SKIN I LIVE IN, Antonio Pinto's SENNA, and Jorge Arriagada's MYSTERIES OF LISBON.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Maybe we listened to different scores, because I couldn't find much to enjoy.

Doesn't even come close to TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 pm

They're very different scores in style, obviously. I'll say it helps having an appreciation for the tradition that Hans Zimmer fits in (Carlos, Carpenter, Goblin, Moroder, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Toto, Jarre etc.) where the orchestration (if any) is mainly a compliment to the electronics, not the other way round, and where the harmonic vocabulary owes a lot to 19th century opera, with a dose of 20th century minimalism (Reich, Feldman, Glass, Gorecki). I'm just saying THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is one of the very blockbuster scores in recent years that I keep finding myself listening to again and again. And this is coming from a guy who thought the soundtrack for the THE DARK KNIGHT was monotonous shit.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I'm just saying THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is one of the very blockbuster scores in recent years that I keep finding myself listening to again and again.

I see where you're coming from. It could be worse, I suppose, and sounds a lot better than Newman's SPIDERMAN score. I'll take Zimmer over that hack any day of the week. The tracks I enjoyed were: "On Thin Ice", "Nothing Out There", & "Necessary Evil".

"Gotham's Reckoning" sounded a lot like Williams's work from WAR OF THE WORLDS, and maybe even REVENGE OF THE SITH.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

There's a strong Goldsmith influence, which is where I see the influence from those two Williams tracks as coming form (THE LOST WORLD main theme is another, plus BLACK SUNDAY). Goldsmith used a lot of irregular (unstable) meters, such as 5/4, 7/4, 3/8. The Bane theme is in 5/4, like the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE and HALLOWEEN themes. Bat-a-ra Bat-a-ra Di-shi Di-shi etc.

My favourites from TDKR are probably "On Thin Ice," "Gotham's Reckoning", "The Fire Rises", "Why Do We Fall?", "The Shadows Betray You", and "Imagine The Fire."

Rousing stuff.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Warner is stamping out those YouTube videos like a champion whack-a-mole player.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:28 pm

"Jett" from BOF deep throats Nolan: http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDKRises_review_byJett_7-16-12.html
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
"Jett" from BOF deep throats Nolan: http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDKRises_review_byJett_7-16-12.html

Yes, but what does Armond White think about the movie? The world waits with bated breath.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Richard Corliss' review in TIME. (some minor spoilers)

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/07/16/times-review-of-the-dark-knight-rises-to-the-depths-to-the-heights/

He says...

Quote :
The Avengers is kid stuff compared with this meditation on mortal loss and heroic frailty.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/07/16/times-review-of-the-dark-knight-rises-to-the-depths-to-the-heights/

He says...

Quote :
The Avengers is kid stuff compared with this meditation on mortal loss and heroic frailty.

I think the movie is going to be not only great, but also provoke interesting social and political discussions. Can't wait to see it.

I'm dying to know the ending though, because the guy who runs Batman-on-Film said he cried at the end. I'm hoping that means that someone died...Bruce Wayne? Alfred? Gordon?
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 pm

A couple more reviews from the more mainstream critics...

Travers (from Rolling Stone) gives a very positive review, but blasts the film's "reactionary politics".

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-dark-knight-rises-20120716

Justin Chang (Variety) also rates it highly, although remarks that Bane isn't quite on the same level as Joker and the film, in general, never quite matches it's predecessor.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117947904/
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

I'm so fucking sick of reading the word "epic" in film reviews. :roll:

I'll wait until one of you or someone else with an adult mentality reviews the film.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 pm

I continue to use 'epic' more than is deemed safe on this forum. Disastrous form that has gathered momentum from living in Maida Vale at university.

As for the soundtrack, I'm resisiting these videos posted. Dare I say, like Revenge of the Sith I'd wait until watching the film before listening properly to the soundtrack. Oddly, if I recall, I brought the ROTS soundtrack before watching the film yet...anyway, as far as the Dark Knight OST goes I continue to prefer "Like a Dog Chasing Cars". Seriously, why so serious?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:
A couple more reviews from the more mainstream critics...

Travers (from Rolling Stone) gives a very positive review, but blasts the film's "reactionary politics".

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-dark-knight-rises-20120716

It's Bane who initiates the attack against Gotham and the stock exchange. Is Nolan equating the legit protest of Occupy Wall Street with Bane's terrorism? You be the judge.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-dark-knight-rises-20120716#ixzz20pBRvnWa

It's precisely that kind of reaction that I think the movie will provoke. Some will start to question whether Nolan is a Republican or a Democrat. But I anticipate a rather heated, fiery debate for the next couple of weeks as people argue about what Nolan is really saying with TDKR, or that they think he's trying to say.

Fortunately, we have no such problems with Batman and Robin. That's a movie that is absolutely, positively about nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:02 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I don't know why people even care what Jett thinks anymore. He never really has any meaningful scoops, which makes no sense given how many blow jobs he's given the studio. His writing is just poorly written fanboy hyperbole.

Anyway, based on these reviews, it sounds like this movie ain't gonna change any minds. If you loved the first two, you'll love this one. If you hated them, you'll hate this one, too.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92575

President God's bored of this shit.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:01 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:

He says...

Quote :

I think the movie is going to be not only great, but also provoke interesting social and political discussions. Can't wait to see it.

I'm dying to know the ending though, because the guy who runs Batman-on-Film said he cried at the end. I'm hoping that means that someone died...Bruce Wayne? Alfred? Gordon?

harmsway posted it a few pages back.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 am

Ha @ Tux's BaleJesus avatar.

I actually caught that on TV and was flabbergasted. It even had Shmi Skywalker as Mary. laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next