More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)

Go down 
+42
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Manhunter
TedHeath
FG Wells
Vesper
Santa
saint mark
Loomis
Tubes
jet set willy
lachesis
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
j7wild
trevanian
bondfan06
Lazenby.
Hilly
Control
Fae
Mr. Trevelyan
GeneralGogol
Richard Hannay
CJB
SJK91
lalala2004
James. C
Fairbairn-Sykes
colly
HJackson
retrokitty
Louis Armstrong
Drax
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Jack Wade
FourDot
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:04 am

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a68048c801/dark-knight-rises-ending-leaked
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Is this guy here Sykes?

http://www.imdb.com/comic-con/photos/comic-con-2012-cute-crazy-rm97823488

:)
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92575

President God's bored of this shit.

laugh

He looked so bored, I thought he'd start taking out pictures of his family and show them to the reporters, just for something to do.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm

I've got the score, and I actually quite like it so far. It's so much smoother than BB or TDK. So much easier on the ears.

So where does "All Out War" fit into the sequencing?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:55 pm

I've no idea. I'm guessing it's got something to do with Bane's army.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:53 pm

In the track "On Thin Ice"... from about 35 seconds to a little over a minute in makes me think of FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Similar chord progression. Zimmer looks up to Morricone and as did Williams with North.

This is interesting.

Quote :
He said he has “been in the studio trying out ideas” and he will “try to make it different,” but like Nolan’s storyline it will be in sync with the rest of the trilogy. He says, “it’s a matter of knocking down some walls and making it broader, wider and more epic.” When it comes to influences, he also stated he’s “been listening to a lot of Verdi lately, and Alison Goldfrapp, and a lot of electronica.”

http://thefilmstage.com/news/hans-zimmer-influenced-by-goldfrapp-verdi-for-the-dark-knight-rises-score/
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:06 pm

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/marshall-fine-dark-knight-rises-review-interview#.UAXevI7hB7t
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:21 am

Two of the comments from Tux's link.

JEFF wrote:
Well said, MSZ. Professional film critics watch and write about several movies each week. The fact that this movie has a man dressed as a bat does not make it better or different than any of the others. It's not deserving of any sort of special consideration or reverence. The fact that a talented director like Chris Nolan made it makes it something especially interesting to look forward to, but I felt the same way this year about the new movies by the Dardennes, Wes Anderson, Whit Stillman, Richard Linklater, Terence Davies, and Frederick Wiseman. The kids (let's be honest) who decide the movie is awesome before they see it, and treat it like it is "above" other movies, probably haven't seen a whole lot of cinema in their lives and clearly lack any sort of perspective or reason.

JAMES CAMERON in reply to JEFF wrote:
Stick to your indie crap, loser. Not even 5 people go to see the shit most of the directors you listed make. And yes, this movie has a man dressed up as a bat, and it makes people take it seriously. That alone is a feat. Like I said, stick to your indie crap and keep away from real movies. Please. Thank you.

I liked this:

ASHOK wrote:
Unrelated to the TDKR fiasco, I can't have too much respect for an arts critic who treats the job in such a blase fashion - 'it's just another movie' 'you're in it for the long game' 'you don't play favorites'. Yes, you do. The whole point of good arts criticism is to be passionate about the arts and to advocate or pan or (as in most cases) analyze work that lies somewhere in between but to care enough to do it. A critic who talks about his job like a burned-out assembly line worker probably shouldn't be a critic. Also, I do wish that people wouldn't tar the whole fan culture community with the same 'pimply basement dweller' brush. The idiots who trolled Fine's RT thread are a very vocal minority. Some of us can actually hold down a job and a social life AND like comics
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:03 am

Largo's Shark wrote:

I liked this:

ASHOK wrote:
Unrelated to the TDKR fiasco, I can't have too much respect for an arts critic who treats the job in such a blase fashion - 'it's just another movie' 'you're in it for the long game' 'you don't play favorites'. Yes, you do. The whole point of good arts criticism is to be passionate about the arts and to advocate or pan or (as in most cases) analyze work that lies somewhere in between but to care enough to do it. A critic who talks about his job like a burned-out assembly line worker probably shouldn't be a critic. Also, I do wish that people wouldn't tar the whole fan culture community with the same 'pimply basement dweller' brush. The idiots who trolled Fine's RT thread are a very vocal minority. Some of us can actually hold down a job and a social life AND like comics
A surprisingly sensible comment.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 am

I'd rather lay down in a New York subway station while someone takes a sledgehammer to the wall unleashing the 500 rats per square meter and have them crawl over me than meet the people who post on RT.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 am

I feel the same about the hairbrains over at IMDB.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:27 am

They're likely a bunch of 10 year old kids learning how to cuss for the first time.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 am

Control wrote:
I feel the same about the hairbrains over at IMDB.
I used to think it couldn't get much worse than IMDB but these people sound just as intolerable, if not more so.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:32 am

RT is an even dirtier sewer than IMDB from what I've seen.

Seriously, who gives a crap about a RT score?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
They're likely a bunch of 10 year old kids learning how to cuss for the first time.
You're only just becoming aware of this now?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 am

What makes you think that?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 am

Maybe I was readying your post wrong, but you seemed surprised. I blame your avatar.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

I liked this:

ASHOK wrote:
A surprisingly sensible comment.

Indeed and I am sure its representative of the majority but the really sad thing is that the 'very vocal minority' really exploits the anonymity and lack of accountability of the internet in such a way as to insult the film/item they claim to adore and actually make being a fan of said film or film maker something you feel vaguely ashamed about. Where's the napalm when you need it!
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:37 pm

With the internet a lot of morons have found their voice, even if it is guided by a lack of knowledge, and TDKR have their fair share as well. They are as looney as they come. Rush Limbaugh is not alone this time. :*p*:

“The Dark Knight Rises” will make its long awaited debut Friday. Many critics have already gotten a sneak-peak inside the “epic conclusion” of one of the most successful superhero franchises in motion picture history.

According to RottenTomatoes.com, the film has an 84 percent fresh rating with an average rating of 8.4/10. Most reviewers have given it nothing but accolades, such as: “Bleak, black and brilliant,” “Intelligent, heart-pounding spectacle” and “Emotionally inspiring...”

Not all critics agreed, though. Marshall Fine, author and film critic at HollywoodandFine.com, received tremendous backlash for his negative review, in which he compares “The Dark Knight Rises” to a “Transformers” film because of too much action.

“There is very little about ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ that will make you tense, hold you in suspense or cause your adrenaline to squirt,” wrote Fine. “At times, the action is so massive and thunderously clunky that I might as well have been watching one of the ‘Transformers’ movies.”

Apparently, this review made many fans of Nolan’s Batman trilogy very upset. The level of Batman enthusiasts was so massive that Fine’s website was temporarily down Monday evening due to the traffic.

On the RottenTomatoes comments board, Fine was heavily trashed and received such remarks as:

“HOW DARE YOU!!! how dare you compare a masterpiece to a nonsensical CGI fest! Shame on you sir! SHAME ON YOU!!!”

“You either die with Metacritic... or live long enough to see yourself become Marshall Fine.”

“I hope you die.”

There were five other reviewers who gave the movie a bad review, including Louise Keller of Urban Cinefile, Christy Lemire of the Associated Press and Christopher Tookey of the Daily Mail.

These reviewers also received the scorn of Batman fans.

RottenTomatoes Editor in Chief Matt Atchity posted a letter on its website that explains its actions of temporarily removing Fine’s link, the policies of the website and encouraged its readers to be respectful of everyone.

“But if I could ask everyone for one thing, it's this: don't be a dick,” wrote Atchity. “Even if you think someone else is being a dick. Just take a deep breath, step away from the computer, and maybe go for a walk. Have a smoke if you need one. There are plenty of other things to get angry about, like war, famine, poverty and crime. But not movie reviews.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/negative-reviews-of-the-dark-knight-rises-incites-rage-to-fans
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:27 pm

It's nice that people have realized that Rotten Tomatoes is a shit film site.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:04 pm

The only use RT serves now is for me to make my own ratings list for friends to see.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 pm

I like to be able to see snippets of many critics' opinions in one easy place, but Tomato-Meters are pointless.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 pm

On RT, every critic giving a movie a 6.5/10 equals universal praise.

That's why if I use a barometer at all, it's Metacritic. It makes the same judgement calls on review scores as RT, but uses numeric scores instead of the stupid Tomato-Meter.

TDKR has an 82 right now on Metacritic, which is pretty high praise
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 am

Just got back from this. Not sure I've witnessed a neater ending before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next