More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 pm

The final Foyle's War (maybe ever).

It was alright this min-series but I don't know if it's good enough to keep going. I preferred the WWII setting and his driver gets on my wick now. Kitchen is a superb actor and Foyle is perfect for him but...well, maybe it's enough now. ITV boobed cancelling it when they did and then suddenly bring it back.

Triviality, another appearance of our latter-day Rent-a-Yank..forget his name but he was the GPS encoder chap in TND, US President in the John Simm Dr Who two parter and a host of other stuff.

rent-a-Yank coined by Messers Ed Bishop and Shane Rimmer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Yeah, he was some kind of a man.

I was always amused by the story that he ended up living in Bogdanovich's study, much to Peter's then wife's chagrin. laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Bloody Bogdanovich... When he goes there's going to be a rush to make his life story.

Brown could play him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:52 pm

I've started watching Mad Men - can't believe it's taken me this long to find this show! It doesn't air here in Australia, unless it's pay TV I believe, which I don't have.

That said, I'm really enjoying it. Just a few trivial things:

January Jones reminds me of Grace Kelly.

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Grace-kelly-01Last television show you watched - Page 20 January-jones-mad-men

Jon Hamm is James Bond - if he was a little younger, or had they cast him instead of Craig, it would have been fantastic - provided that his English accent was good. He reminds of my Control's old avatar.

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Don2dra460x276

And Rachel Menkin (Maggie Siff) looks like Domino!

Last television show you watched - Page 20 PHirKllrQPidlq_1_m

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Ca15el
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:43 pm

I was going to post in there, but I noticed a lot of spoilers on the last page, and didn't want to interrupt the discussion you all are having on the latest season.

From Hamm's first scene in Mad Men, James Bond came to mind straight away. And I would like Christina Hendricks to play a Bond girl. Or Marilyn Monroe. She has a cuteness and sex appeal to play Marilyn. Michelle Williams was just cute, not sexy.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I was going to post in there, but I noticed a lot of spoilers on the last page, and didn't want to interrupt the discussion you all are having on the latest season.

From Hamm's first scene in Mad Men, James Bond came to mind straight away. And I would like Christina Hendricks to play a Bond girl. Or Marilyn Monroe. She has a cuteness and sex appeal to play Marilyn. Michelle Williams was just cute, not sexy.

go to last page, scroll right down, enter your tidbits and then flee. I've avoided that thread like the plague for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Another stellar turn as HIGNFY guest host from the treasurably barking-mad Brian Blessed, bless his bellowing socks laugh .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Another stellar turn as HIGNFY guest host from the treasurably barking-mad Brian Blessed, bless his bellowing socks laugh .

Made my week. Blessed taking on every single person in sight or out of it.

Keeps the lawyers in a living I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:49 am

'Gerry Adams said that Margaret Thatcher brought great hurt on the British people. Still, probably not as much as all the bombs did, eh Gerry?'.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:55 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
'Gerry Adams said that Margaret Thatcher brought great hurt on the British people. Still, probably not as much as all the bombs did, eh Gerry?'.

laugh

right between the gizzard!

liked the quip about the Argentine air force offering to do the flypast.

Don't let the BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN!!!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 am

Nuttier than squirrel shit. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I've started watching Mad Men - can't believe it's taken me this long to find this show! It doesn't air here in Australia, unless it's pay TV I believe, which I don't have.

That said, I'm really enjoying it. Just a few trivial things:

January Jones reminds me of Grace Kelly.

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Grace-kelly-01Last television show you watched - Page 20 January-jones-mad-men

Jon Hamm is James Bond - if he was a little younger, or had they cast him instead of Craig, it would have been fantastic - provided that his English accent was good. He reminds of my Control's old avatar.

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Don2dra460x276

And Rachel Menkin (Maggie Siff) looks like Domino!

Last television show you watched - Page 20 PHirKllrQPidlq_1_m

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Ca15el

Ha! Watching one of the last episodes of Season 1 and a character just asked Betty if people compared her to Grace Kelly.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 pm

the extended Brian Blessed (II) HIGNFY.

Oh, what a joy. Do I like the man for his loudness, his eccentricity or his sterling turn in I, Claudius? Who knows but the sight of a former mayor pulling Blessed's leg (literally) is beyond compare.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 pm

^ I often forget about the 'Bit More' extended versions, and they've therefore usually 'dropped off' the on-the-digibox iPlayer (my preferred way to watch, rather than the laptop) by the time I DO remember. But might have to make sure to see that one :) .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
^ I often forget about the 'Bit More' extended versions, and they've therefore usually 'dropped off' the on-the-digibox iPlayer (my preferred way to watch, rather than the laptop) by the time I DO remember. But might have to make sure to see that one :) .

They show them on Mondays now. So if you iplayer it you've got a little while. It'll be on YouTube soon I bet and then Dave.

For eternity.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah, hopefully catch it over the weekend :) .
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Perhaps there is still hope for modern day sitcoms.
"Community" did a fun little "Rope" homage in their last episode.
In a fourth season that has been more miss than hit, it was a nice surprise.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:35 pm

ITV have been showing often the Jeremy Brett Holmes' but I've avoided them...this being said I went out of my way to watch The Final Problem yesterday.

Personally, I think Brett's the best of the bunch. When I first watched him in action (as part of when I did The Speckled Band at school for English Literature) I felt he was Holmes. He seemed to encapsulate Holmes, become the Holmes of the stories and outside of Holmes I think a remarkably decent man (though I remain inwardly stunned he was in Galactica 1980).
Final Problem I still found quite emotional at the end even though of course we know Holmes returns. And I found in this viewing, perhaps to some people's chagrin, that there is something of Brett in Cumberbatch...and I mean physically, in the face if you will. Compared to Brett's Holmes, Cumberbatch is insignificant and as for Freeman's Watson...well, I'll get back to you come the third series.

Last television show you watched - Page 20 Sherlock
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:27 pm

The heartbreaking, brilliant final episode last night of the superb Broadchurch ... the entire cast deserve praise, but David Tennant and Olivia Coleman were as reliably excellent as ever (Coleman in particular moved me to tears during it, award nominations for her (and the programme) will surely follow).
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 pm

My copy of Kojack Season 1 arrived. About 4 episodes in. Pretty solid stuff so far.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Moore wrote:
My copy of Kojack Season 1 arrived. About 4 episodes in. Pretty solid stuff so far.

Good series. Had me snapping "Crocker!" a lot as a kid.

Fair few faces in that series over time like Sylvester Stallone and Paul Michael Glaser before fame blossomed.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:44 am

I did buy the complete series of BALLYKISSANGEL and are well into the third season of the story of this Little Irish town/village and the story of Father Peter Clifford and Assumpta Fitzgerald.

Having seen this show several times it never fails to make me laugh and when things turn awry it never fails to get my eyes moist.

I also never saw the show past its third season and having the complete series I finaly can, I do admit being curious to the next three seasons even if the critics say that the first three seasons are superiour. But I guess everybody loved Assumpta.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

I have been reacquainting myself with one of my childhood staples, Lost in Space and have just completed the first season.

I think time has obviously taken a toll but it remains an unusual show and for the most part cannot be watched without a wide smile on your face (pretty atypical of tv today imo). The first season is a bit bipolar in tone, the Dr Smith Character really vicious and evil in a genuine way that sometimes leaves the comedic elements seem quite out of place, yet as the season progresses the balance improves. In many ways the Robinson family are so wholesome and gullible you begin to feel they may even deserve the presence of this malicious monster.

As first seasons go it is rather rough around the edges (quite apart from its age) often stories end abruptly, there are more loose ends than you can shake a stick at, but there is always Smith and the Robot to entertain and every so often a show will deliver some lurid guest character and give it a name like Officer Bolix (which the cast seem to pronounce Bollocks) or you get some weight in the form of Michael Rennie appearing out of the blue, and of course there is also an episode featuring one of my all time favourite femmes the delectable Sherry Jackson hmmmmm....

Last television show you watched - Page 20 389629_3192486005772_1074550080_3012179_36556700_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 20 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next