More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Last television show you watched - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Sinatra Sings

something from BBC4 doing what it says on the tin. No interviews, no faffing about just a collection of videos of the Chariman in action with occasional voiceover by Tina Sinatra. The man was in his prime throughout even in the 80's. Injecting some humour into his singing, messing about with words, his actions but always Sinatra. Even during his upteenth rendition of My Way.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Batman: Nora Clavicle and the Ladies' Crime Club. The least politically correct and by far the most funny episode of the series. "Siamese human knots!!!!"

Last edited by Prince Kamal Khan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Batman had a fair share of un-PC moments. Squeezed in amongst the sheer class.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Fae wrote:

RAVE - why?

Why would you post that?

Oh c'mon - it's hardly a spoiler, you can see it coming before the first advert break :D

Quote :

*goes off to watch it*

And?

G section wrote:
The Professionals

I don't recall the name of the particular episode, but Roger Lloyd-Pack plays a hitman with a hurrendous accent - odd to see him in a role like this. He'll forever be Trigger.
Ed Bishop ( 8) ) also appears, but he's just playing himself really.

Entertaining.

That would be Killer With A Long Arm, I think. I think he's dubbed. An unfortunate episode, because you see Gordon Jackson wearing nothing but a towel at one point *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Cambridge Spies, ep2

the Five gather pace in their lives, Toby Stephens mastering the tortured look and Tom Hollander remaining awfully classy in some way. Buried amongst the faces is Cumberbatch with about six words and a smug look.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:56 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 am

Watched a repeat of Room 101. That Ross Noble is funny as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:29 am

Another Batman: The Wail of the Siren
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Finally decided to start watching Downton Abbey. I kept typing it into my dvr as "Downtown Abbey" and couldn't pull up anything. So far so good. Very interesting show.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:54 pm

The Ted Danson starring CSI hit our screens here in the wilderness Tuesday and I gave it a bash because it's Danson. I've watched the odd episode, chiefly the Tarentino ones but mainly have seen CSI NY. Think I ploughed through two seasons. Anyway, it wasn't too bad. Good to see Danson in action and in relatively unfamilar surroundings. Perhaps akin to Don Rickles or Milton Berle or some such starring as Quincy ME in the 70s.
Apparently Robin Williams and John Lithgow were considered for the role. Personally, it would have been decent to see both have a go.

Still, Season 12.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency was not as good as I'd hoped.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

E Network's THE SHAHS OF SUNSET. Seriously, I could not stomach more than the first 10 minutes of this show before deleting it from my dvr. What a gigantic, hot, steaming, wet pile of dog squeeze! It's like THE JERSEY SHORE, except they're all from Iran and living in Beverly Hills.

God I just cannot stand the lifestyle of the people in Southern California. They are vacuous and shallow. Does every reality show these days need to be set in hair salons, real estate agencies, tanning booths and 5-star restaurants in New York and L.A.?

Anyway, the people on this show were not just morally and spiritually repulsive, they were also disgusting to look at. They looked bloated, greasy, sweaty, and smelly.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:38 pm

After The Killing ( Forbrydelsen) which was brilliant television and well worthy of the praise I watched The Killing 2, another brilliant miniseries with Sarah Lund. Of course the Danish version. And as excellent as the first season, with a very good topic.

They just started filming Forbrydelsen III, the last Sarah Lund series. I am not sure if I'll wait for it on dvd or watch it on the telly.

Last edited by saint mark on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 pm

The second episode of Dirk Gently was a huge improvement. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also watched Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Very silly :D
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Falklands' Most Daring Raid

right out of a Boys Own book. Getting one old Vulcan bomber 16,000 miles (round trip) with 11 oil tankers to bomb one airfield and give Argentina the message Britain's intent. Maybe a bit overblown in terms of patriotic fervour but an incredible tale really. All that could go wrong making it much more so. The tankers, finding the Falklands themselves (navigator had to turn his map of the Northern Hemisphere upside down and replace the Azores with the Falklands), the Argentines and even the Task Force that could've shot them down on the return leg to Ascension.
It's up there with Dambusters and maybe even the Tirpitz raid.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 am

Just watched the first episode of Missing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1828246/

Initially because of Ashley Judd, who should have been a Bondgirl that would have made sense, but the show about a woman, widow, whoms sons goes missing in Rome. She travels to Europe and we find out she sells a lot more than flowers.
The first episode is quite an appetiser. Well worth the effort for people liking spy-shows, even if episode one has some flashes of the movie Taken with Liam Neeson, apperently but I have yet to see that one.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 am

Speed Racer: The Dangerous Witness
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 pm

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

At the urge of just about everyone, I started watching Arrested Development. I'm about halfway through the first season. I wasn't particularly wooed by the first couple episodes but now I find it hilarious. Needs more Tobias, though.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Looking forward to the movie and new series of Arrested Development, might be something special.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm hesitant about a movie. Granted, I'm only through the first season, but Arrested Development works perfectly in 22-minute blasts. At this point, I think I'd rather see a full final season than a movie, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 am

Episodes 4-6 of Season 1 of "THE WIRE".

DAMN. This is good television. Shit like this is going to spoil me.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Episodes 4-6 of Season 1 of "THE WIRE".

DAMN. This is good television. Shit like this is going to spoil me.

Damn fine show. Have you seen it before?

Have fun going back to VOYAGER.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 am

Nah, just started it up with my friends. We finished up DEEP SPACE NINE and decided on THE WIRE to follow-up. So doing that and VOYAGER.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:20 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Nah, just started it up with my friends. We finished up DEEP SPACE NINE and decided on THE WIRE to follow-up. So doing that and VOYAGER.

laugh

Yeah, another huge contrast. An even bigger contrast. I've only seen the first season. After I plow through DS9/VOY/TAS and finish my quest to see all of Trek, I'll get into THE WIRE. By that time Season 5 of MAD MEN will be out. I got a hold of all four seasons on Blu for 10 bucks each. They're on Netflix Instant, but I like having them with all the commentaries and all that jazz. So after THE WIRE, it's back through THE CONQUESTS OF DRAPER.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 am

Well, I've got two seasons of VOY to go and then I'll do NEMESHIT and NuTREK again and I can say I did all of Trek in chrono order starting with ENT.

My friends and I meet once a week for Shows Night. We always have two shows at once, one live-action and one animated. Keeps things lively, keeps things from being repetitive, depending on the show. This is outside of Star Trek. Just so happens there was an opening in live-action and my buddies were interested in seeing DEEP SPACE NINE so it joined rotation just as I was starting to watch it in my chronological Trek journey.

So far we've covered:
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (that's how this started, we got together to watch BSG every week)
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION
TWIN PEAKS
GURREN LAGANN
THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN
CODE GEASS
CAPRICA
ELFIN LIED
DEEP SPACE NINE
DEATH NOTE
MEGAS XLR
STARSHIP TROOPERS
COWBOY BEBOP

Now we're on THE WIRE and FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 11 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next