More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Last television show you watched - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:13 pm

lachesis wrote:
Hilly KCMG wrote:
That's one pleasure we're yet to have. Maybe when Blair pops his clogs.

I confess I was always hoping Blair would be buried before he popped his clogs!

colgate Yes, that would be the way to go. Sort of a Slumber Inc moment but without the salvation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:26 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Wolf Hall. Well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 pm

It's probably, or is, better than some new stuff I've seen of late. Indian Summers (on four) and Casual Vacancy.

Both just rub me the wrong way initially for the way they look. Everyone's good looking, it's all looking like a TV advert for a holiday and acting I'm not too fussed by. The highlight of Casual Vacancy is a redheaded Keeley Hawes (plus one point) saying "cum on these tits!"

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:01 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
The last episode of Wolf Hall.

Well, we all know how this ends, but Anne Boleyn's beheading is still terrible to behold.

As an exercise in how power corrupts, Mark Rylance has been magnificent as Thomas Cromwell. He underplays Crom's rise brilliantly.

Sounds interesting, will see if I have access to it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:26 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
we all know how this ends

Or so I thought. Sat in a bar earlier this evening I was reminded that one can never underestimate the inadequacies of a state education. "I wonder what's going to happen to Cromwell?", my companion asked.

God almighty. I have an image in my mind of Donald Pleasance's Cromwell as he is arrested in the Henry VIII and his Six Wives.

Then again fangirls were worried sick Sherlock would not return after his fall in the 'hit BBC series' so wonders never cease.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:07 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Jesus, that's some trivia. Right up there with E! and their fun fact of Michael J. Fox having Parkinson's.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Been watching Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. Never fail to route for Frank in spite of the fact that in reality most people he met would surely either have killed themselves or be locked up someplace. The first episode, with the late George Baker (no Baronet's and brass rubbings here), is typical. Frank goes for an interview, gets stuck in a lift behind him, winds the interviewer up by doing his best (or worse, depending on the point of view) and I end up feeling for Frank and cursing the other.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 pm

one of these 'new' freeview channels has allowed me to revisit Planet of the Apes. Lordy, not seen it since I was a kid and I guess childhood made this much better. The plus of this is the Lalo Schifrin score.

And something different, the Talking Pictures strand the other week profiled Kenneth More. I can't explain what it is about KM and I know I've waxed lyrical before. Maybe like with everything childhood memories enhanced his films and whatnot. All I know is that this programme, consisting of BBC interviews (Pebble Mill for crying out loud!) is a Godsend to someone too young (not even born) when Kenny was in his element. When he was on TV doing interviews.
Makes something to hear 'from the horses mouth' the stuff I've read (mostly his autobio) or seeing the clips of his wedding with Sir Roger as his best man (and vice versa for Sir Roger, curiously both did this for the others third marriage).
Be good to get access to the programmes featured, "If it Moves, It's Rude" which looks like a walk through Soho and the Windmill etc. Or his Parky interview and so forth.

Muggings here feels, like a few of the old guard to be fair, More's slipped into the abyss. Even he knew he was no great actor. A shame we don't have his type now. The happy-go-lucky, charming, best of British lot.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Walking Dead.

Noah had an amazing death, it was a pretty good all-round episode.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Hopefully the second series of the original will get onto Channel 4 soon.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Oldie stuff from me - I am watching in tandem atm The Avengers, Danger Man (the hour long episodes), The Saint (colour seasons) and Columbo - one or two episodes of each per week.

Having just completed Season 4 of the Avengers, Diana Rigg's first season is a wonderfully entertaining affair from start to finish too many gems to name and I don't think one clunker in sight. The only quibble is the overt appearance of stuntmen cut in with the fights, but I guess they never considered the size or clarity of the modern TV's we watch them with. All in all some of my favourite TV ever - Delightful!

Seasons 1,2 & 3 of Columbo have been great fun too (only a few episodes to each season)....season 4 has perhaps trailed off in terms of quality and the formula is somewhat more apparent now...rather like Thunderball you tend to bemoan the use of coincidences to put our man on track.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 4:44 pm

What do you guys make of Peaky Blinders? I have to admit I like it fine. I was amazed how old Sam Neill looked. I haven't seen him in some time, wasn't really expecting this. He's close to 70 now. Have to say now he looks it, too.

Otherwise I think it's perhaps not quite as clever as it's often made out to be. The obvious comparison is of course Boardwalk Empire. I haven't seen enough of that to adequately judge it against Peaky Blinders. Personally, I found the latter more intimate and atmospheric. Sometimes though it feels more 'stagey' to me.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 am

I like it ... you can see that it's the Beeb's stab at one of those HBO-type period dramas (but unlike Ripper Street, it thankfully seems to be staying on the BBC).

I enjoy listening to Sam Neill chew on an accent from my part of the world ... he's pretty good at it, too. And Cillian Murphy's Brummie accent is impeccable.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Fine to see some love for it, Blunt Instrument. Peaky surprised me with Murphy, I never liked him before. Now I find him quite extraordinary in his role, charismatic even. Have to say I did not properly appreciate him up to this.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 6:06 pm

Sam Neill is master of all he does. I only watched Peaky because of him. It's not bad, the West Midland accent mastering is a bit iffy and the second series lacked a bit of the first but no, not bad. Sam Neill is pure fire and brimstone, as somebody said. And that accent, the basis of my impressions. Why not.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 7:36 pm

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT: Season 4

Awful. Absolutely awful. The polar opposite of everything that was great about the first three seasons. And Michael Cera with a production credit? Is that what they used to lure him back? Should've left his ass at home making box office bombs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:36 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Daniel Craig as the chief excavator.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Daniel Craig as the chief excavator.

If Bab's is the producer she can insist on lots of Builders bum shots......sounds like a winner.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:01 pm

The Walking Dead Season 5 finale.

8/10

Was expecting a major character to die and there were 2 close MAYBES (Glen & Darryl) but in the end, an expendable support character got wasted, and the wife beater.

Glad to see Morgan back, and reunited with Rick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 26 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next