More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

Last television show you watched - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:23 am

Logan's Run: The Collectors

Logan and Jessica find sanctuary! Or do they? ;)

Since it's only the 2nd episode, that's a good hint the answer is no. Heather Menzies reunites with her von Trapp sister Angela Cartwright in this episode.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:41 am

Started watching RICH MAN POOR MAN for the first time since it originally aired. First 4 hours really impressed, especially Ed Asner. Now that I have my wife hooked, I'll actually get to see RMPM book 2 again, which I remember liking a lot more (not a Nolte fan back then.)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Boston Legal

New Kids on the Block and Son of the Defender

there's something about the show that can be quite infectious be it Denny Crane in general or the humourous/zany scenes. The former has one right off the bat with the new lawyers (in true BL fashion neither will last long on the show) being introduced with knowing lines like "why weren't we in the season premiere?" or best yet Shatner's direct eye to camera, "and roll music".
The former introduces Clarence (his Clarice alter ego swifly ditched) whilst the latter has all the fun of Shatner archive footage. Using an episode from Studio One in Hollywood from 1957 we're able to 'flashback' to Denny's first case. Shatner does well in the episode. Quite something to see a young very pre-Trek Shatner in action.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:24 pm

SUITS (Season 2, Episode 1 on the USA Network)

Don't normally care for dramas, and haven't watched anything legal since Ally McBeal, but SUITS was fairly riveting from the first minute onward.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:14 pm

more Boston, more legal

Desperately Seeking Shirley

Schmidt was the least interesting of the partnered characters but in this one episode we had Magnum PI, Captain Kirk, Neelix, Peggy Bundy, Odo and Ron Canada.
My Katey Sagal's a fine woman.

Fine Young Cannibal

well, it had the late Henry Gibson as always in fine form but if you know your Trek and alas I do, there's a fantastic moment where we have Rene Auberjonois and Armin Shimerman (law partner and judge respectively) in a scene together. Hard not to hark back to the days of Odo-Quark.

Denny Crane.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 pm

The New Avengers - The Eagle nest

Welcome back Steed, Purdey is fabolous and Gambit a great Thug.

A great beginning for a new series.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Finished RICH MAN POOR MAN (still really like it), tried BOOK II (was amazed at how bad it was, bailed after 2hours.)

Then went back to CARNIVALE and blew through the whole series in about 10 days. Whew, it is much better than I remembered. Even went looking for info about where the series was going to go afterward. Damn shame it got killed so early.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

CARNIVALE and DEAD WOOD. I'm scared to check 'em out for fear of just being left without resolution, like a woman with a bad lover.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 am

There is enough of a climax in CARNIVALE to serve as a quasi-ending, plus it leaves things open to an enormous realm of speculation. This is probably the fifth or sixth time through for us and we were seeing new things and getting new ideas. There is an opening narration at the beginning of episode one that is of particular interest, if you just want to nibble on the first one.

Cinematography is first-rate, with some really amazing uses of technocrane (subtle and showy) second season.

that lil guy from TWIN PEAKS is one of the main leads and man, has he got real talent. Can register a glint in his eye or hit a particular tone of voice that you can't keep from responding to emotionally.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:08 pm

MRS EASTWOOD AND COMPANY (on E!)

I'm ashamed to say I sat through an hour of this atrocious turd of a show. In my defense, it was Sunday afternoon and I reserve the right to be lazy for an hour or two. And since I've never watched a minute of JERSEY SHORE or KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS, I feel like I'm on safe ground her admitting I watched this.

I think by 2012 most people have gotten wise to how these "reality" shows actually function and operate, so I was able to pick up on most of the tricks they tried to employ. The greatest sin this show commits is that it's fairly boring. It's not a watchable train-wreck like Anna Nicole-Smith's show was; these people aren't even half as interesting as one of Anna's bowel movements. The show tries to make it look like they are a crazy, zany, adventurous people, but it's obvious that a lot of editing has taken place to get anything remotely interesting to fill up 22 minutes worth of air time.

The show is mostly in place to help Dina Eastwood promote the South African band "Overtone", which I'd never heard of till I watched the show. I'm not even sure if they're meant to be a "boy-band" because they're all bloated and old-looking for people allegedly in their 20's.

Dina Eastwood's greatest claim to fame is being married to Clint; I wonder how he feels about his wife slumming it in a reality show for the E! Network. It's not like they need the money.

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:34 am

Just got my hands on the True Blood S4 dvds. Here we go, another 13 weeks of vampire/wolf depravity-and-debauchery with buckets of blood. Plus way more male full-moons than any straight male viewer should have to endure, but compensated by much female breastage.

Last we saw, I think Sookie had gone to fairy world. Good chance of lots of naked fairy nymphs, I imagine.

Bring it on!

Last television show you watched - Page 14 True-blood-season-4-trailer

Last television show you watched - Page 14 True-Blood-Season-4-Episode-4-550x366
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:21 am

CRIMINAL MINDS

I've been watching this show lately; never seen it before. Started watching the reruns on A&E's high definition channel. Overall it's a quality show; very interesting insights into murderers and serial killers. Each episode starts off with a murder and you follow the investigators as they try to "profile" the likely killer. The set-ups are great; unfortunately, it's the endings that become a bit cliched. Because each episode is self-contained, the storyline generally begins and ends with each episode, forcing the writers and directors to find a way to wrap up the story much sooner than it needs to be. As a result, a lot of investigative work gets compressed for time by using a character on a computer to hurry up the plot and solve a string of murders that might actually take months or years in the real world. Beyond that I have no complaints. Well, yeah, I still have one or two.

I think the show has too many characters. They could lose one or two. Too much dialogue being spread across too many characters.

And what is with A&E censoring the curse words on this show? I thought maybe my dvr was acting up because it seemed to go silent every time a character was clearly cursing, but after that happened several times I realized it couldn't be a coincidence. So I did some investigation of my own and found out that A&E censors the language on the show :roll: You have to understand that the episode I just finished watching had more gore, violence, murder, and buckets of blood splattered across 60 minutes than I've seen in most r-rated movies (not sure how this show qualifies as a TV-14 rating), and yet it is the language that A&E objects to? Son-of-a-bitch is too graphic a word to broadcast, but they have no problem depicting a woman that has been stabbed 67 times by The Reaper? :roll:
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:26 pm

I watch this show, Criminal Minds, occasionally on network TV. I can't remember which network, but didn't notice any censoring or any preponderance of swearing. It is prime-time network TV after-all. I guess it's an A&E thing.

I did enjoy the original Elle character played by Lola Glaudini, but then she was dumped. Suddenly no more sultry Elle. I stopped watching, other than sporadically.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 pm

This is just one of the reasons why I hope the much talked-about 24 movie happens ... we'll finally get to hear a pissed-off Jack Bauer let fly with something stronger than 'DAMMIT!' .
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm

The censoring is definitely an A&E thing, but it is not confined strictly to A&E. I've got my dvr set to record all episodes of SUITS on the USA Network, and if the episode comes on in prime-time USA does not censor the word "shit". In fact, USA lets words such as "dick", "pussies", and "asshole" make it through without being edited. If the show comes on as a repeat in the morning, they censor those words.

What I find even more curious is the editing standards over at Comedy Central. First of all, I really l like their show WORKAHOLICS, but there is no episode of that show that needs to be rated anything less than TV-M. So I find it odd that a show with 3 druggies actively seeking drugs each week somehow is deemed to be appropriate for an audience of 14 year old viewers (because it is constantly rated TV-14). I find TOSH.0's editing even more bizarre. A few weeks ago Tosh showed a video clip of a crowd at a "football" game in England mocking a team named The Lions(?). The audience had a paper lion's head in the stands with its mouth wide open and another group of fans kept sticking a giant cardboard penis into the Lion's mouth (i.e. the Lions were a bunch of "cocksuckers"). Okay, so far Comedy Central has not edited anything in the video. But then Tosh shows his viewers his own homemade football video, and it shows a woman's carboard vagina being held up by a bunch of fans at a football game, and another group of fans holding up a carboard hand with two fingers extended. Comedy Central has no problem showing the vagina or the fingers, but once the fans holding the fingers push the cardboard cutout into the woman's vagina, Comedy Central puts a big black bar over the cardboard vagina. :roll: So it's okay to show a lion giving oral to a penis, but putting your fingers into a vagina is somehow.....worse? Where exactly is the line?

Anyway...I've been watching all episodes of SUITS on the USA Network. Maybe it's just me, but the show *feels* like a throwback to movies such as THE SECRET OF MY SUCCESS, WALL STREET or shows such as L.A. LAW, DYNASTY, or FALCON CREST. You know, movies and shows about the rich and the powerful. People who weren't afraid to go out and make a little money and shake the world up. Back in the 80's when having money and making money wasn't considered a vice, but a virtue. Back when people aspired to be something big.

Last television show you watched - Page 14 Suits-season-2-usa
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
I watch this show, Criminal Minds, occasionally on network TV. I can't remember which network, but didn't notice any censoring or any preponderance of swearing. It is prime-time network TV after-all. I guess it's an A&E thing.

I did enjoy the original Elle character played by Lola Glaudini, but then she was dumped. Suddenly no more sultry Elle. I stopped watching, other than sporadically.

I hit the wrong button and accidentally deleted the picture of Lola from this post, TW (just in case you were wondering)
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Anyway...I've been watching all episodes of SUITS on the USA Network. Maybe it's just me, but the show *feels* like a throwback to movies such as THE SECRET OF MY SUCCESS, WALL STREET or shows such as L.A. LAW, DYNASTY, or FALCON CREST. You know, movies and shows about the rich and the powerful. People who weren't afraid to go out and make a little money and shake the world up. Back in the 80's when having money and making money wasn't considered a vice, but a virtue. Back when people aspired to be something big.

Suits is damn good, I make an effort to watch it on the telly on USA every Thursday (they seem to have skipped the episode on July 5).
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:26 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Suits is damn good, I make an effort to watch it on the telly on USA every Thursday (they seem to have skipped the episode on July 5).

I'd never even heard of it until Gabriel Macht went onto Chelsea Handler's show to promote the second season a few weeks ago. The clip he introduced was impressive, so I set the dvr to give it a try. I've been watching the current season, plus the last one, ever since. As I said, it *feels* like a throwback to some of the 80's shows and movies. You can see a little Pete "Maverick" Mitchell in Gabriel Macht's character (in fact, he and Jessica frequently quote dialogue from the movie TOP GUN, so maybe Harvey Specter looks up to Maverick). It could just be me, but it does seem like the kind of entertainment I haven't seen in a long while, or else I've just been watching all the wrong shows.

The performance by Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson is on-point as well. She has excellent chemistry with Macht, and she also reminds me of some of the strong female performances from 80's shows such as Diana Muldaur (Rosalind Shays on LA LAW), Joan Collins (Dynasty) or Jane Wyman (Falcon Crest), and her performance never goes over the top or descends into camp.

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:46 am

I'd never even heard of it until Gabriel Macht went onto Chelsea Handler's show to promote the second season a few weeks ago. The clip he introduced was impressive, so I set the dvr to give it a try. I've been watching the current season, plus the last one, ever since.

I just happened to have the telly on USA when Season 1 Episode 1 started to air...and the first 5 minutes had me hooked. Have watched everything in sequence since, including the repeats which used to air after Monday Night RAW.

This scene is classic....

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 am

Does anyone recommend AMC's THE KILLING?
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 am

It's like TWIN PEAKS without the things that made TWIN PEAKS unique and interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:28 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

I hit the wrong button and accidentally deleted the picture of Lola from this post, TW (just in case you were wondering)

Well you can restore her anytime. There's lots of pics out there. ;)

Suits shoots in Toronto. They were set up around the corner, by the big cemetery. They had a ton of expensive cars, all lined up and ready to go. So naturally I walked all over the set, like I owned the place. I'm sure I bumped into one of the lead actresses. Her face was covered in tv make-up, but she was walking her dog, with her toddler child and yakking on her cell, so schmoozing wasn't an option. I don't watch the show. I only know it was Suits, because one of the crew told me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 am

Desperate Housewives.

Season 8, which is the series final, ended on Thursday night. Absolutely devastated. They ended it with two fantastic episodes, and it was satisfying enough.

I actually hope the series is continued on in a few years time, or a movie comes out. It'll probably be terrible, but it'll make me appreciate the TV series all the more.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:30 am

Frontline

It's a slightly obscure sitcom/satire from the 1990s, taking place behind the scenes of a current affairs television show and looking at all of the unscurpulous tactics they use.

I liked the first two and a half seasons of the show, but in the final half, the main character goes from being amusingly dim-witted and self-centered to totally unlikeable in the space of a single episode when he does something genuinely evil:
Spoiler:
The consequences of it were never really addressed, and while the main character goes back to being a dimwit in the next episodes, I still felt he was an unlikeable asshole.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 pm

That makes me think of a sitcom called LateLine from the late 90's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 14 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 41  Next