More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last television show you watched - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:03 am

I watched the pilot of BREAKING BAD. Hadn't seen the show. It's all right. Standard-length pilot. Felt like it should have been a 90-minute show, with a few more pieces put into this story.

Cranston is great.

Another AMC show on Instant is THE KILLING. Anyone recommend that one?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:07 am

Only other AMC show I watched was THE WALKING DEAD, and I was seriously shocked by how good the pilot was and I'm not that crazy about zombie stuff. I was instantly hooked. Haven't watched the second season yet.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:12 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Only other AMC show I watched was THE WALKING DEAD, and I was seriously shocked by how good the pilot was and I'm not that crazy about zombie stuff. I was instantly hooked. Haven't watched the second season yet.

I haven't seen it, and zombies, like vampires, do nothing for me. I'm actually annoyed by the zombie/vampire craze because I can't for the life of me see why it's interesting. Keeps me from watching TRUE BLOOD.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE. That I want to see.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:14 am

You should at least give the pilot a shot I say.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:15 am

I will. I hear it's good. I just prefer crime stuff.

On the crime note, I know Cranston voiced Jim Gordon in that YEAR ONE movie, but damn he needs to play Gordon on screen. I could watch a Jim Gordon movie with Cranston in it.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:06 am

I watched the second episode of BREAKING BAD. I have to say, it's got one of THE most uniquely ****ed up things that I have ever seen happen in a TV show.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:23 am

Desperate Housewives last night. Fantastic episode. Only 10 more left though until the housewives return to their kitchens, permanently :(
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:19 pm

So CSI Miami is cancelled and CSI NY lives another season.

Which is fine by me with Sinise and Sela Ward this show has a lot more going than its Miami sister.

And with Ted Danson in the original CSI series that show has become rather good again, and this years last episode is a brilliant cliffhanger......
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:56 pm

WORKAHOLICS (2011) on Comedy Central. I'm starting to slowly come around to it.

But I need some other shows to become fans of. I'm losing interest in THE OFFICE, THE BIG BANG THEORY, SOUTH PARK, and MAD MEN. Any suggestions?

I also sampled a bit of "DON'T TRUST THE B**** in APT.23" It had some funny moments and some good performances. I'd say that James Van Der Beek may want to try and reconsider a film character. He's got charisma and talent.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:45 am

saint mark wrote:
So CSI Miami is cancelled and CSI NY lives another season.

Which is fine by me with Sinise and Sela Ward this show has a lot more going than its Miami sister.

And with Ted Danson in the original CSI series that show has become rather good again, and this years last episode is a brilliant cliffhanger......

I'm liking Danson in CSI. Kind of Sam Malone...no, never mind.

CSI NY I watched the first season and then the odd one after but Miami I never strictly bothered with.

--

Parkinson the Interviews: Orson Welles

repeats of programmes shown ages ago. We've had Niv, Richard Burton, Peter Cook (a delight more so seeing him with Dud), Tommy Cooper and Frankie Howerd but Welles was a delight. Something about the man that was engaging and even at this stage of life where he was shall we say rotund he was still...The Man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:27 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I watched the pilot of BREAKING BAD. Hadn't seen the show. It's all right. Standard-length pilot. Felt like it should have been a 90-minute show, with a few more pieces put into this story.

Cranston is great.

I watched 3 or 4 BBs, but it just didn't strike sparks. Plus the wife (also on DEADWOOD) had some of the most unnecessary and detrimental plastic surgery this side of Melinda Dillon's, just godawful.

But I really really REALLY like THE KILLING. Probably too many TWIN PEAKS-like bits (minus the supernatural aspects), but some good performances, and 2nd season the cinematography is darker than anything I've ever seen on the tube. Kind of the visual equivalent to speaking softly to make somebody lean forward and pay more attention, plus creepy.

Unfortunately Ro/Cain seems to be spending season 2 out of town, but that's about the only downside thus far.

Lead actress appears to have legs made from shaved-down toothpicks, but that doesn't take away from the talent. Plus the new ROBOCOP is the second lead (and he does a very impressive american accent.)
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Logan's Run: The Pilot. In the first episode of the cult sci-fi TV series, Logan 5 and Jessica 6 escape the City of Domes, find a futuristic vehicle to travel in, help out a group of people living in a bomb shelter, find a city in the mountains inhabited by overly friendly robots, and team up with the likable android Rem all while running from Francis 7 and the sandmen. Good 1970s sci-fi fun.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
Logan's Run: The Pilot. In the first episode of the cult sci-fi TV series, Logan 5 and Jessica 6 escape the City of Domes, find a futuristic vehicle to travel in, help out a group of people living in a bomb shelter, find a city in the mountains inhabited by overly friendly robots, and team up with the likable android Rem all while running from Francis 7 and the sandmen. Good 1970s sci-fi fun.

Overly friendly robots...like those two in the Black Hole and maybe that Cylon in BSG80.

All oddly sounds like some Genesis II thing with John Saxon. :)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:41 pm

I still have the pilot on iTunes and I've never watched it. I'll get around to it, just out of curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:38 am

I'll never look into the series. Old fashioned chap that I am.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:41 am

trevanian wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Cranston is great.

I watched 3 or 4 BBs, but it just didn't strike sparks. Plus the wife (also on DEADWOOD) had some of the most unnecessary and detrimental plastic surgery this side of Melinda Dillon's, just godawful.

I watched the first three episodes, but can't really be arsed to continue. It was interesting, but it didn't feel there was much to it. I liked WEEDS more, for getting to constantly look at MLP, and for the great Kevin Nealon. Elizabeth Perkins was great too.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:49 am

BREAKING BAD develops in some really interesting ways. As with some other shows, you have to really commit to it to reap its rewards.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:54 am

I just don't feel a strong enough complusion to, but I may return to it.
Back to top Go down
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air- Sixth and final season, episode "Boxing Helena"
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:10 pm

HOUSE, M.D.

Series finale was last night. I've watched all eight seasons of this show. The last few have been borderline insulting, forgoing focus on the medical mystery that there was in the first three or four seasons for overblown soap opera.

I'd started to forgive it for that, but the series finale was infuriating. Cheap twists, outright implausibilities and the lack of balls from the writers made it a huge disappointment.

Oh well. At least the show is out of its misery now.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Looks like I might have bowed out in time. I think the last season I saw was whenever whatshisname killed himself, change of channels didn't help. One day I'll catch up just for old times sake.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:04 pm

The HOUSE finale seriously reeked. They'd've done better to end on the previous week than to foist this thing off, which is probably the worst finale I recall since PICKET FENCES (I've since softened on SEINFELD's finale.)
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:

Let us know when you get to the ep with Horst Bucholz doing 'the most dangerous game' while carrying a gold-painted thompson submachine gun that fires really crappy generated-on-video laser effects.

Haven't seen that one since first-run, but it is burnished in memory just like the moment in THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY (shortlived SF from previous year) when somebody used a Zenith TV remote control ( the SPACECOMMAND 600, same one we had in our home) as a zap gun (to be fair, that r/c looked like a pretty nice phaser, but even so ... )
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:26 pm

I been watching Three's Company on DVD.

I can't decide which one of the Snow girl was hotter: Suzanne Somers or Jenilee Harrison.

Did you know Chrissy Snow's real name is Christmas Snow and there is an episode where she's saying all the different variation of the name Christmas she has gotten from different people.

I wonder if Christmas Jones in TWINE was copied from Christmas (Chrissy) Snow from Three's Company.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:57 am

I'm watching the 13th Season Finale of Law and Order SVU.

Every time I see the opening credit sequence, I get the impression that Detective Rollins (3rd one from the right) looks stiff and uncomfortable in her unrealistic pose.

Does anyone else get the same impression?

Last television show you watched - Page 13 9cb45e192245590
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 13 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next