More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Last television show you watched - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 am

I regard Season 2 as Boardwalk's best and am probably in the minority when I say that Season 1 was the weakest (or least strong). I wasn't really hooked until the latter half to be honest. I thoroughly enjoyed Season 3 though.

Don't know if I'd agree that S3 cardboard-ised (there's an awkward made-up word) Richard. Didn't even mind him wasting a house full of mobsters. Still a highly sympathetic character in my eyes and probably the standout performance of the entire show.

Agree that Van Alden has grown more interesting. Not to mention the crazy bitch of a Norwegian wife he's got for himself. laugh

Gyp was a pretty effective villain in S3. When most of the main characters in a show are basically murderous scumbags, you gotta be a downright monster to be classed as a villain.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 pm

trevanian wrote:
Netflixed the most recent available seasons of TRUE BLOOD and DEXTER via mail on DVD. TRUE BLOOD, due to some bad guest casting, really lost it for me to a great extent, more even than when the fairies were brought in. For me it is the Eric Northman show, and not much else.

DEXTER, which I was prepared to find a total suckfest,actually demonstrated the woman playing his sister has got acting chops that past seasons never even hinted at. I mean, I'd be happy if they called the show DEB at this point.

Lost track of both of these after their 3rd seasons, due to a cable/satellite channel (FX) that isn't amongst the ones I've got swooping in and offering bigger money to HBO and Showtime for them than the terrestrial channels that they'd previously been showing on in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:49 pm

more of The Returned (Les Revenants!). It's cracking along nicely. Feels like we've reached an apex of sorts and now we're about to descend (too much Le Tour on my end I fear). Allez
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Yes, new Top Gear and then The Returned made for a nice 'double-bill' last night :) .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Indeed, Sunday nights now have a very decent reason to stay in.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:40 pm

I watched the first season of AMC's THE KILLING. I think the pilot is amazing. The rest of the season? Well, I enjoyed it for the cast and the mood. The actors are top notch. The development of the story didn't really concern me as much as the mood of the show. I just enjoy watching this unfold.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:21 am

Rich Hall's You Can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:15 am

Finally watched the first ep of WALKING DEAD. Didn't know quite what to expect, and still don't.

Loved seeing that guy from the PTS of the LOST IN SPACE movie again ("This cold war just got hot"), don't recall him from anything else in the last 15+ years, he has a real presence and so I am terrified he or his son won't stick around too long.

Most recent ep from S3 of THE KILLING was possibly the least interesting episode they've ever done. Kinda in shock over how uninvolved I was, given how much I dig the show, especially the delivery of the male lead.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 am

I look forward to seeing S3 of THE KILLING this fall on Netflix. Too late to jump in now.

I've been watching a lot of old shows on Netflix. Been feeling shitty (that's changing thankfully) and not in the mood to watch actual films, so I've been alternating between CHEERS, THE L WORD, THE ROCKFORD FILES, and THE A-TEAM.laugh 
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 am

Been altering between first season WALKING DEAD streaming and RIPPER STREET via mail myself.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 am

Hope you're watching something else for a little light relief, trev ... both great shows, but they can be grimly 'heavy going'.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:18 am

Just got the Criterion REPO MAN, so I'm getting my laughs there ...

to tell you the truth, RIPPER STREET is becoming an almost spiritual experience for me, with characters espousing viewpoints that just really hit home for me. Even my wife (who was crying during eps 5 & 6) was saying afterward that it was like hearing me debate myself a couple of times when they were talking about faith and mathematics and such.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:12 am

Matthew Macfadyen said in a promotional interview that whereby the likes of CSI had led viewers to become used to the depiction of 'clean and shiny' forensic examination rooms, Ripper Street showed that in their infancy they were more like butcher's shops.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 pm

The penultimate Returned (Les Revenants. Well, we're cooking now. Next week will be something else and hopefully either resolve or lay up a saison deux nicely. Apparently there was a movie in 2004. Those cunning French swines.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm thinking a second season, there's likely too much going on to be satisfactorily 'tied up' in one remaining episode :suspect: .

Yeah, think I saw an ad in Empire for the DVD re-issue of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:37 pm

The two part Imagine film on Woody Allen involving interviews with the man himself. More a fan than before. Great to see Tony Roberts and Dick Cavett in action one more time.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:32 am

I've been busy lately, but I've been relaxing with some MAGNUM, P.I. Almost through the first season. Love the mix of action, intrigue, and humor. Selleck is genuinely enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Blakes 7, seasons 1 and 2

Technically it hasn't aged too well (though the Liberator is still one of my all time fave Spacecraft designs), not even as well and the equivalent Dr Who's but it never was about effects it was always about the characters, ideas and flavour and there's some terrific stuff and joyous dialogue. Series 2 is my favourite, as Avon seems to move to the fore and the crew is put through the wringer several times, Despite 70's hair and costumes Servelan and Jenna are still pretty damn sexy!
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 pm

I remember describing Avon to someone as a cross between Dirty Harry and Dr. Smith ... haven't seen an ep in over 20 years, but just reading that makes me want to go back and give it another go.

Think I would have to watch it on a small TV, as vid rez of a show originated on tape back then must just be godawful.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm

trevanian wrote:
I remember describing Avon to someone as a cross between Dirty Harry and Dr. Smith ... haven't seen an ep in over 20 years, but just reading that makes me want to go back and give it another go.

Think I would have to watch it on a small TV, as vid rez of a show originated on tape back then must just be godawful.

The Doctor Smith (another show I am rewatching atm) Dirty Harry analogy is a good one for Avon, the Dirty Dozen in space was the general idea according to Nation but only Avon and Vila ever really suggest the 'dirtier' criminal mentality.

Difficult to believe in this day and age but I watched the show originally on a 21" tv..... one of the largest sizes available at the time and one today I'd struggle to make out anything on sat as we used to.

Wobbly sets, the odd costume faux pas (Brian Blessed wearing plimsols, Darrow in knee high leathers) and very fragile props are the shows greatest burden, but the characters and style still shine. Avon is a terrific character and portray over the first 3 series although the 4th turned him more caricature and Paul Darrow clearly went ott in his performance (and still hasn't come back down since!). Some great lines though.

Gan: Deaf dumb and blind how are the Federation going to catch us?
Avon: Oh I am sure Blake will find a way!

Vila: I have this sharp pain just behind the eyes
Avon: Have you considered amputation?

Jenna: "Don't you ever get bored with always being right?"
Avon: "Only the rest of you being wrong!"

to a body with a knife in the back (from series three in fact)
Avon: "That's a difficult way to commit suicide"
Dayna: " Maybe he was cleaing it and it went off"

Great run of episodes from series one into two
Deliverance, Orac, Redemption, Shadow, Weapon, Pressure Point, Trial
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:34 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 am

Just enjoying some Curb Your Enthusiasm after not having watched it in a while.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:54 am

Tonight has the new Doctor announcement show, the last of this series of Top Gear, promising-looking new Ch 4 drama Southcliffe and new Family Guy on Beeb 3.

^To quote Larry ... pretty, pretty, pretty good :) .
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:17 am

THE KILLING S 3 finale - liked this season better than the first 2, and loved those. Leads have best chemistry on the tube.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:09 pm

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK

Not bad. The writing is snappy. But sometimes it's a bit much. (One episode starts with a shot of a very unfortunate-looking vag.) But maybe that's just what the patriarchy has conditioned me to expect out of TV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 22 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next