More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)

Go down 
+21
Louis Armstrong
FourDot
HJackson
Control
dr. strangelove
Hilly
Manhunter
jet set willy
lachesis
bondfan06
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
The White Tuxedo
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Tubes
Fairbairn-Sykes
tiffanywint
Gravity's Silhouette
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Nah, the character Pfeffier plays barely resembles any other form of Selina Kyle. Hathaway is the character come to life.

Well, I should have explained that I meant I simply found Pfeffer more interesting, rather than more definitive.

Hathaway worked for me, but as an actress she doesn't seem to have the right stuff. She played having the right stuff. If that makes sense. But I don't see her as ideal. I think a better Catwoman actress is out there somewhere. It would be nice to see another one in the new Batman series if one indeed takes off.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:19 am

I get what you're getting at but don't agree. Granted, that sort of thing, finding a charm, spark, or sexiness in a particular actress, is often a matter of individual taste.

It's not an easy thing for me to say that I find Hathaway's Catwoman sexier than Pfieffer's. Michelle Pfieffer in that catsuit was a pinnacle of sexy in my eyes for a long time after that movie came out.

I don't know if she was the Platonic Ideal of a Catwoman actress, but she was way above anyone who has previously attempted, in my eyes. I was finally able to look at someone on the big screen and say "yes, that is recognizably this character". She nailed it, but the standard of nailing it was pretty low, I guess. I was just happy to see someone getting it, since I don't think even the much lauded Animated Series understood the character or treated her well.

Last edited by Fairbairn-Sykes on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:21 am

It's not even a thing about finding her sexy. It's more of the qualities that someone brings to a role. It's like comparing the natural cool of Connery to the forced cool of Brosnan. Not that Hathaway forced anything. I did like Hathaway. She met my expectations, but didn't exceed them. She had the talent and skill to pull the role off, but it didn't seem natural. It felt like a good actress meeting the demands of the part, rather than the perfect actress who naturally fills the role.

Did love the part when she screamed helplessly in the bar.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:24 am

I found her physicality to be... impressive.

She didn't exceed my expectations for Catwoman, she exceeded my expectations for Hathaway as Catwoman, given that she wasn't an actress I would've thought of for the part. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:25 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Following someone everywhere and watching them while they aren't aware isn't stalking? You don't find that whole sequence where he spies on Lois' family a bit disturbing?

What are you, 14? It's his longing for a family that he can't have, and underlines Singer/Routh's interpretation of Supes as an outsider looking in on the world. It's loneliness, nothing predatory.

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Also, I don't see how Hathaway's Cat is bland or monotone. She was the biggest spark of fun and personality in the flick's otherwise dour outlook.

Come on, man! She might as well have downed a bottle of Xanax.

I've got to agree with Tux. Cotillard was a lot sexier.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:26 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
I found her physicality to be... impressive.

She didn't exceed my expectations for Catwoman, she exceeded my expectations for Hathaway as Catwoman, given that she wasn't an actress I would've thought of for the part. If that makes sense.

That does make sense.

Anywho, I still would love to see another pass at Catwoman in a new series. Batman is one character that I am actually anxious to see a reboot of. I just hope they do it well, and correctly. The Nolan films are over, and that style is over. That was his take on Batman, and I very much want to see another, equally valid, take.

My desire to see a reboot is like wanting to find something to wash a flavour out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 am

Hathaway as Selina Kyle was the first time I've ever found her attractive. I wouldn't necessarily rank her as better than Pfeiffer--they're doing very different things in very different parts--but I found Hathaway's turn as Selina Kyle to be quite charismatic.

I found Cotillard attractive, too, but more muted.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:33 am

Re: future Batman films, between the Adam West Batman, the Burton flicks, the animated series, and the Nolan flicks, I'm fine with the idea of putting Batman to rest for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:35 am

I'd like to see something in a dark, mysterioso, pulpy, late 1930s vibe. Something period, or quasi-period. Like Burton's original Batman but with a plot that makes sense and without Batman killing people like he's goddamn Rambo. With a unique looking Gotham City. And with a Batsuit that isn't molded rubber. Something that feels "real, believable and serious" in the sense that the audience isn't laughing at the characters and becomes legitimately wrapped up in their story, but on the other hand isn't afraid of admitting to and embracing the ludicrous elements of the character.

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 Prv12498_pg1
[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 Prv12498_pg2
[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 CzA0X
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:40 am

I think you can get a fresh take but minus a re-boot. In otherwords, no need for a new origins story.

Just pick up with the threads that Nolan left dangling and take it from there. Bruce Wayne is alive well and hanging out with Selina in sunny climes. Both could come back to Gotham and resume their alter egos.

What is interesting is that there is real possibility for a Bat/Cat romance in this current adaptation. A complex relationship yes, but unlike previous iterations by Burton, and even the camp series, there is now some hope for Cat/Bat.

Pfeiffer-Cat and Newmar-Cat were miles apart with the Bat. The cats were just too larcenous, and Bat was just too noble. Now however, they have more common ground to work with. Possibilities.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:42 am

RE: Sykes. That's cool. I'd like something timeless in terms of setting. I've always liked TAS' mix of art deco and computers.

RE: wint. A thousand times no. laugh Burn the Nolan bridges. Bomb them. Blow them to the moon! Absolutely NO ties at all to the Nolan films.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 am

While I agree Nolan's left plot threads dangling, I would say that

a) the obvious move for a direct sequel would be Blake as hero, "Mask of Zorro" style (and who wants that?)

b) I would say that any movies continuing on in Nolan's universe without Nolan himself would be roughly pointless. That's his Batman and his Gotham, just as the five foot five misanthrope who burns people alive and lives in a city consisting of a couple of streets and a matte paiting is Burton's, and the doe-eyed closeted homosexual with a rubber fetish living in a neon nightmare is Schumacher's.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:51 am

Whatever they do next with Batman, it will be with JUSTICE LEAGUE in mind, which has already been touted as a grounded, more realistic take on the DC universe (an approach I doubt will work). And given the super-realism of the last Superman trailer--you'll believe a man can fish!--I'm not sure they're going to push Batman into more cartoonish territory.

Last edited by Harmsway on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:55 am

The problem is that, inherently, the Marvel Universe has always been the "more grounded" one (heroes with real life problems, set in real cities, etc) whereas DC Universe has always been the more colourful, larger than life one. Marvel heroes are freaks of science, DC heroes are gods and aliens. Etc. The Justice League boasts an Amazonian golem, the last living Martian, and the King of Atlantis for example.

The best thing about that Snyder Superman trailer is the voice-overs. The worst thing is that fishing boat. If I have to wait an hour and a half for Clark Kent to decide that using his powers to help people is a good thing, I'll be mighty frustrated.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 am

Harmsway wrote:
Whatever they do next with Batman, it will be with JUSTICE LEAGUE in mind, which has already been touted as a grounded, more realistic take on the DC universe (an approach I doubt will work). And given the super-realism of the last Superman trailer--you'll believe a man can fish!--I'm not sure they're going to push Batman into more cartoonish territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBknAcTaMiI#t=14s
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
a) the obvious move for a direct sequel would be Blake as hero, "Mask of Zorro" style (and who wants that?)
Not me, and I hope that doesn't happen. Start fresh with a new Bruce Wayne. Let the Nolan universe be.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 pm

After a week...

DOMESTIC:
The Dark Knight: $588,314,100
Batman: $498,600,600
Batman Forever: $335,063,500
Batman Returns: $310,753,500
Batman Begins: $253,716,500
The Dark Knight Rises: $225,011,359
Batman and Robin: $185,188,600
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:40 am

From Hans Zimmer::

"Aurora" is dedicated to those who lost their lives and were affected by the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. I recorded this song in London in the days following the tragedy as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Aurora Victim Relief organization.

https://watertowermusic.moontoast.com/estore/embed/1336

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:05 am

I saw this tonight in a Lie-MAX theater.

Not bad.

I still don't think Anne Hathaway is a good actress, but, damn, did she look good in this film. So did Marion Cotillard.

I have to admit that I really enjoyed the character of Bane; he had plenty of menace, a decent back story, and a creepy presence. I'd say he ranks a tad below Ledger's Joker, however. The twist with Talia caught me by surprise, too. I suppose if I was as well-informed about Batman lore as some of you folks, I probably would have caught it immediately. Instead, Nolan had me convinced that Bane was Ra's al Ghul's kid, up until Miranda/Talia shoved a knife into Batman's side.

The movie falls apart here and there, especially toward the end. The film eventually turned into a stereotypical "get rid of that bomb before it blows!" type of film, only to be spoiled even more by a shitty and soft ending. I don't care if Bruce Wayne survives or not, but Nolan was far too obvious about it. There was no intrigue. The facts started piling up and then, eventually, we see Wayne. I wouldn't have minded if we get a glimpse of Alfred at that table, looking across and smiling, without showing Wayne. Then, anyone who had been paying attention would have caught on that he spotted Wayne, instead of blatantly showing him there with Selina Kyle. Pretty half-witted, and I'm sure it was included only to please the shit-for-brains who get mad at films that don't have "happy endings". :roll:

Then there's that Robin "John" Blake twist that was worth an eye roll. So, this rookie cop is obviously going to fight crime in a costume in Gotham, and Bruce Wayne's travelling the world with his hot girlfriend with no money because he went broke in the middle of the film and then gave his whole entire estate away when he faked his death. Seems legit. laugh

Still, it was pretty wild seeing New York being dismantled. Actually, it was eerie. I also wish they hadn't shown that football stadium sequence in trailer, as it was spectacular to see, and would have been even better if we didn't know it was coming.

Miles better than BATMAN BEGINS, but not quite as good as THE DARK KNIGHT.

Oh, and Michael Caine had the best performance in this film, hands down. And I'm not just saying that because he's a legend.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:17 am

I was impressed with Hathway, not blown away but still impressed. Like when she's masquerading as Wayne's maid and when he finally calls her out she immediately transforms into a different person. From innocence to sultry.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:00 am

I thought her best scene was when she handed over Wayne's fingerprints. She was great looking at all times, though.

I have a friend who looks like a mix between Hathaway and Natalie Wood. Shame she only dates T***S.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:05 am

Control wrote:
I thought her best scene was when she handed over Wayne's fingerprints. She was great looking at all times, though.

I have a friend who looks like a mix between Hathaway and Natalie Wood. Shame she only dates T***S.

She's a lesbian?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:14 am

If only...

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 Fonzie1
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:24 am

Jack Wade wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Not me, and I hope that doesn't happen. Start fresh with a new Bruce Wayne. Let the Nolan universe be.

Yes, I think the idea that it's a launching pad for the next film is a bit mistaken. WB would be bonkers to think they could get away with a Batman film sans Bruce Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:42 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next