These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5998
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I'm hoping we get an Osip Mandelshtam quote in B24. :)

I fear EON will be going with Philip Larkin for Bond 24:

Quote :
They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:32 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Silhouette Man and Gravity's Silhouette--I'm a bit confused.



And welcome aboard, MoS.

Quite simple, SILHOUETTE MAN came first - Gravity's Silhouette came second - he's my Deputy Dog!

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/user/140-silhouette-man/
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3564
Member Since : 2011-03-22
Location : The high plains

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am

Of course. How silhy of me.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3912
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 am

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Silhouette Man and Gravity's Silhouette--I'm a bit confused.



And welcome aboard, MoS.

Quite simple, SILHOUETTE MAN came first - Gravity's Silhouette came second - he's my Deputy Dog!

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/user/140-silhouette-man/

Yes, welcome aboard.

Not to stir up any trouble....but why completely leave CBn? It seems like you left on good terms, but your terms nonetheless. Were they not discussing the novels much? We can always use an extra literary fan or two on these boards, as the discussion in those forums is off and on (though I put a lot of the blame for that on Fleming's estate). I saw from your profile that you are a proud defender of NEVER SEND FLOWERS...is it just NSF or are you a defender of Gardner as well? I liked Gardner, but mostly the first 5 or 6 of his novels seemed the strongest.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

Just found this gem at Cb.n.

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
ChristopherZ22 wrote:
http://www.3news.co.nz/Daniel-Craig-delays-James-Bond-filming/tabid/418/articleID/141831/Default.aspx?ArticleID=141831

Un-B)ing-believable!!! He's holding up the production on BOND-23 to finish building his dream house in Florida? Who wears the pants at EON? How can they allow him to get away with this? He's not even an American citizen, so how can he own a house in Florida?

I've forwarded this news story to everyone on my RSS feed and those who subscribe to my newsletter, plus I've forward a copy of this to 10 different major news outlets, whom I hope will pick this story up. This cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. Who in the hell does this guy think he is?

I hope his damn dream house gets blown apart by a hurricane this summer!!! :roll:

laugh
Back to top Go down
Fae
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 781
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

Iceskater101 wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Iceskater101 wrote:
hey everyone! I am Iceskater101. I chose this name because it is my xbox gamertag lol. I love the James Bond series obviously and I have seen every single movie. Right now I am going to read Casino Royale by Ian Fleming. I am pretty nice soooo get to know me! xD

Welcome my dear Miss Skater.

Our own Fae was once as sweet and innocent as you. I'll get Rave to show you the ropes.

Lol what is that supposed to mean? She isn't innocent anymore? Damn. This site is hardcore.
This site isn't hardcore.

I've learnt more dirty things from other fandoms ... or specifically other discussion boards. These boys give themselves to much credit. Though it was the first step I suppose.

Welcome though! How are you finding things?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3675
Member Since : 2011-03-17
Location : making mudpies

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

Fae. Long time! How's your college experience going? Still watching the crazy adventures of Sookie!

I got throught the last season (#4 I think) about the witches. Jason Stackhouse keeps bringing me back. He never disappoints!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Fae
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 781
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Yeah - still with True Blood. Can't wait until the sixth season :D
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3912
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Just found this gem at Cb.n.

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
ChristopherZ22 wrote:
http://www.3news.co.nz/Daniel-Craig-delays-James-Bond-filming/tabid/418/articleID/141831/Default.aspx?ArticleID=141831

Un-B)ing-believable!!! He's holding up the production on BOND-23 to finish building his dream house in Florida? Who wears the pants at EON? How can they allow him to get away with this? He's not even an American citizen, so how can he own a house in Florida?

I've forwarded this news story to everyone on my RSS feed and those who subscribe to my newsletter, plus I've forward a copy of this to 10 different major news outlets, whom I hope will pick this story up. This cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. Who in the hell does this guy think he is?

I hope his damn dream house gets blown apart by a hurricane this summer!!! :roll:

laugh

Would you believe the amount of people who thought I was serious? Who had no sense of humor? Who had never heard of the word "sarcasm"?
Back to top Go down
Santa
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 703
Member Since : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 am

I particularly like "This cannot be allowed to go unchallenged".
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3675
Member Since : 2011-03-17
Location : making mudpies

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:44 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Who wears the pants at EON?

You know who wears the pantsuits at Eon, and they don't come with cup support.
Back to top Go down
Spid3y
Trainee Correspondent
Trainee Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 3
Member Since : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 am

So none of my friends (that I actually care to talk about movies with) have seen Skyfall yet. I went searching on the internet to find some people talking about it and ended up here.

So hello.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3075
Member Since : 2011-03-28
Location : I don't know what things will be like in 2 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:00 am

Spid3y wrote:
So none of my friends (that I actually care to talk about movies with) have seen Skyfall yet. I went searching on the internet to find some people talking about it and ended up here.

So hello.

Welcome Spid3y...I collect his comics too so feel free to dig in :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:12 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Silhouette Man and Gravity's Silhouette--I'm a bit confused.



And welcome aboard, MoS.

Quite simple, SILHOUETTE MAN came first - Gravity's Silhouette came second - he's my Deputy Dog!

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/user/140-silhouette-man/

Yes, welcome aboard.

Not to stir up any trouble....but why completely leave CBn? It seems like you left on good terms, but your terms nonetheless. Were they not discussing the novels much? We can always use an extra literary fan or two on these boards, as the discussion in those forums is off and on (though I put a lot of the blame for that on Fleming's estate). I saw from your profile that you are a proud defender of NEVER SEND FLOWERS...is it just NSF or are you a defender of Gardner as well? I liked Gardner, but mostly the first 5 or 6 of his novels seemed the strongest.

Hi Gravity's Silhouette - Yes, there have been a few issues with CBn of late - I'm going to leave it at the end of the year. Much prefer the professional atmosphere and quick replies on literary topics here on BAB. So you could say that I've defected, but I'm no General Koskov - I won't be going back. I know when I'm not wanted!

The forums here - their depth of reply, familiar user names and quick, considered replies are a breath of fresh air after flogging several dead horse over on CBn.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3912
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 am

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Hi Gravity's Silhouette - Yes, there have been a few issues with CBn of late - I'm going to leave it at the end of the year. Much prefer the professional atmosphere and quick replies on literary topics here on BAB. So you could say that I've defected, but I'm no General Koskov - I won't be going back. I know when I'm not wanted!

Fair enough. I think I may remember you from the time I was at CBn. I think I remember the name at least. One thing I found to be true of BOND AND BEYOND is that it is much looser than CBn, and I believe certainly open to more controversial opinions on things related to Bond and not. Also, take a look at Mrs.Aural Sect's avatar and then ask yourself if you ever saw *that* over at CBn.

The literary side of things tends to ebb and flow, so it'll be up to our resident book enthusiasts to keep the topics active.

I haven't been over to CBn in months, and only once or twice since I was disavowed in the summer of 2011. So I honestly have no idea what is going on over there, if anything, but you're certainly welcome to stay here. You'll find plenty of people who were disillusioned with MI6 and CBn; you'll be in good company.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 am

I think I've now overseen as many defections as Rosika Miklos, though my tits need work.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5998
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am

Your tits look just fine to me, Sharky. Mind you, I'm not fussy.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Hi Gravity's Silhouette - Yes, there have been a few issues with CBn of late - I'm going to leave it at the end of the year. Much prefer the professional atmosphere and quick replies on literary topics here on BAB. So you could say that I've defected, but I'm no General Koskov - I won't be going back. I know when I'm not wanted!

Fair enough. I think I may remember you from the time I was at CBn. I think I remember the name at least. One thing I found to be true of BOND AND BEYOND is that it is much looser than CBn, and I believe certainly open to more controversial opinions on things related to Bond and not. Also, take a look at Mrs.Aural Sect's avatar and then ask yourself if you ever saw *that* over at CBn.

The literary side of things tends to ebb and flow, so it'll be up to our resident book enthusiasts to keep the topics active.

I haven't been over to CBn in months, and only once or twice since I was disavowed in the summer of 2011. So I honestly have no idea what is going on over there, if anything, but you're certainly welcome to stay here. You'll find plenty of people who were disillusioned with MI6 and CBn; you'll be in good company.

Yeah, I've been placed on 'Moderator Queue' as too enthusiastic about the Literary James Bond. Need I say more...

I'm liking this place very much, indeed!

I'm intending to stick around here - got an invite from The Shark - mentioned you were banned from CBn - why?


Last edited by SILHOUETTE MAN on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3912
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:44 am

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:


Yeah, I've been placed on 'Moderator Queue' as too enthusiastic about the Literary James Bond. Need I say more...

Not really. Jim is sick like Stalin. Power has gone to his head.

Never forget that MGM/UA placed CBn on "Moderator Queue" for being too enthusiastic about posting copyrighted, top-secret, in-production pages of script and dialogue from DIE ANOTHER DAY. That's why, to this day, I don't believe they ever post EON/Danjac/MGM/UA official images and artwork. They're not allowed to, unless that's changed recently.

Quote :


mentioned you were banned from CBn - why?

I imagine it had to do with a 3 or 4 members over there complaining about things I had said, but I was never given any official reason. I was never put on warning. Never put on moderation. Never got an email from Jim explaining his decision or asking me to moderate any "behavior". There were several of Jim's friends that would regularly derail perfectly innocent threads by making personal attacks against me or fellow friends, and I would refuse to stand down because doing so would let them get away with it COMPLETELY. I already knew Jim wasn't going to do anything about their behavior, so I guess I decided that if I was going to go down, I would do it with a fight rather than on my knees begging for mercy.

One day Jim, like Pontius Pilate, put up a poll asking the members which person should be banned. Can't remember all the names listed, but some included were historical figures or tv/movie characters, so clearly the poll was not meant to be taken too seriously, but just seriously enough so that Jim could use it as cover to say that he was giving the people what they wanted. I think 15 people voted, and I received 5 or 6 votes. He got to wash my blood off his hands by claiming the poll gave him a mandate to dump me, I suppose. In any event, he never said a word. One day I logged in an everything was gone. I don't even remember if I got a warning message when logging in that my account had been terminated. And then every time someone would try and bring up my being terminated, Jim would shut them down. Ahhhh yes, the "tolerant left" of our society. They're only tolerant towards those who have differing opinions of agreement.

In any event, I can walk away from this with my head held proud and high. Can Jim do the same?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

I am a stauch Unionist and Conservative - not a reactionary Colonel Blimp, mind, but I dislike the approach of the mods over at CBn - see my user profile - also check out The Bondologist Blog. I've had enough of their style. The literary Bond boards are a backwater on CBn and with my departure I can't see things really getting much better! Who cares...BAB rules!

Funny thing, i just came across that thread where he put a vote up - a bit too much like the Head Hunt from NOBODY LIVES FOREVER, methinks!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 am

Yes, The Shark described Jim as the 'resident despot' of CBn - I gave him a taste of his own medicine in August 2012 and I don't think he cared for the taste of castor oil!

Also, see my The Bondologist Blog here:

http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down
MattofSteel
Trainee Correspondent
Trainee Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 4
Member Since : 2012-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:26 pm

That's a wonderful avatar, Gravity.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 4110
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : 'Straya

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 pm

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:
I am a stauch Unionist and Conservative

As the forum's resident progressive, man-hating, environmentalist, pro-Palestinian, fun-banning Maoist I can tell we're going to butt heads.

Welcome anyway!


Last edited by CJB on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!   

Back to top Go down
 
Are You a New Member? Introduce yourself Here!
Back to top 
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: