More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:25 am

Maybe it's time for some rap in Bond? White trash rap group Insane Clown Posse are certainly eloquent for Bond.

"Bond's up in Her Majesty's bitch".
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

I've always wondered how fucking magnets work.

Makeshift Python wrote:

"Bond's up in Her Majesty's bitch".

Isn't that an actual line from Another Way to Die?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:16 am

I dunno, but the nice thing about that music video is that MK12 managed to get work after QOS. That's a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 1:16 am

Massive Attack have that rare combination of dark strings and soulful vocals I associate with classic Bond.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:50 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Massive Attack have that rare combination of dark strings and soulful vocals I associate with classic Bond.

Maybe should've gone with MASSIVE ATTACK for Goldeneye. Unfinished Sympathy has some of the most haunting vocals I've ever heard; pity Shara Nelson didn't become a bigger name in the U.S. Wonder if Nellee Hooper ever suggested Massive Attack when he was working on the song for Goldeneye with Bono and The Edge....

If we're going old school, why not see if we can get THE VERVE back together?
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:10 am

Sam Smith is a bit flavour of the month but I can see them going for him in pursuit of big sales. I think Del Rey is a no brainer in terms of aesthetic, sound and buzz. Thought her latest album benefited from a more confident/mature sound courtesy of her collab with The Black Keys. She doesn't sell as well as Smith but she never battles to attract media attention, and is proven to sell fairly consistently across the world.

Smith wouldn't be bad with the right song though.

eta: I thought some of Del Rey's Ultraviolence tracks weren't that far removed from a Bond sound. Shades of Cool, Money Power Glory and the Paul Epworth produced Black Beauty aren't bang on, but they're closer to the mark than something like 'Stay With Me'. Overexposure for film soundtracks is a definite con against her, though.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:39 am

Vesper wrote:
I thought some of Del Rey's Ultraviolence tracks weren't that far removed from a Bond sound. Shades of Cool, Money Power Glory and the Paul Epworth produced Black Beauty aren't bang on, but they're closer to the mark than something like 'Stay With Me'. Overexposure for film soundtracks is a definite con against her, though.

Supposedly, Interscope asked Paul Epworth to replace the entire Black Keys-produced  album, but he refused to do it.

Vesper, the Lana thread is still about if you're interested: https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t2038-lana-del-rey
Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Paloma Faith would be a great choice.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Yep I agree on that one Staugust!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 pm

Staugust wrote:
Paloma Faith would be a great choice.

Crazy women can be interesting, but I have only one use for the stupid. She's 33 yet dresses like an eight-year old.

Plus her dimwitted publicity-seeking gets on my tits. This exchange just about sums it up.

Quote :
"Then told everyone about it."

"I didn't. I told one journalist."

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:50 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Crazy women can be interesting, but I have only one use for the stupid. She's 33 yet dresses like an eight-year old.
I'd say it's more likely that her marketing executives dress her like she's eight years old. The "quirky" (I despise that word) look - the Manic Pixie Dream Girl - look is in at the moment. She's like Katy Perry - her whole look and personality have been carefully chosen for her based on a statistical analysis of what the target demographic will respond to. In Paloma Faith's case, that appears to have been "more pom-poms".

Personally, I blame Zooey Deschanel.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:04 pm

I find it hard to blame Zooey Deschanel.

Or Paloma Faith to be fair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Hilly KCMG wrote:
I find it hard to blame Zooey Deschanel.
She's the original Manic Pixie Dream Girl - a wholesome, good-natured girl-next-door type of character with a "quirky" edge that sees her do bizarre things that are presented to the audience as being charming or adorable, oftentimes with a healthy dash of childhood wonder thrown in. Basically, it's every character that Deschanel has ever played. The problem is that the Manic Pixie Dream Girl only ever exists as a plot device, usually to help a male character realise what he values in a woman but does not realise it yet, mostly because he is off pursuing some unobtainable, superficial beauty that will ultimately prove to be unsatisfying. With this epiphany comes the realisation that the Manic Pixie Dream Girl represents everything he has always desired. The Manic Pixie Dream Girl is an incredibly sexist character type, as she exists only as a form of male wish fulfilment and rarely has any ability to affect the world beyond helping the male character achieve his realisation of what he values in women.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:46 am

Why does anyone need to be blamed?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:26 am

Because PM hates Zooey Deschanel?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:57 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Why does anyone need to be blamed?
Because I find it misogynistic. The Manic Pixie Dream Girl suggests that women can only contribute to society when they forget their own goals and troubles and instead devote all of their energy and attention to helping adolescent men-children to realise their own unfulfilled ambitions which they would otherwise be blind to.

Deschanel may not have been the first Manic Pixie Dream Girl, but she has made a career out of it. And because it's in vogue, we get saddled with the Katy Perrys and Paloma Faiths of the world.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Back on the topic of genuine candidates, perhaps Sia Furler would be a decent choice. She's a bit flavour-of-the-month at the moment, and a lot of the attention stems from her personal life and anxiety issues, but if you can look past all of that, 1000 Forms of Fear was a damn good album - "Chandelier" is often cited as her best - that separated itself from hype by being released without fanfare. She doesn't have any one song that leaps out as Bond, but she's got the right vocal quality.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 1:14 am

Yeah I'd rather have her not sing a Bond theme.

"Who's strangling the cat?"
Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 James-bond-actors-pierce-brosnan
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 3:55 am

Remind me again about how you want David Arnold to return ...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:32 am

How do I want him to return? In the capacity of a composer. As he's done from TND --> QOS.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Yes, I know. I'm questioning your musical taste as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 9:59 pm

His favorite Bond film is TOMORROW NEVER DIES. I think explains everything. tongue
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 am

On the topic of the theme song, Daniel Kleinmann is reportedly returning to compose the titles. I have mixed feeling about that; SF's titles were miles better than QOS's, but were very unfocused. The blood and the tombstones and the shadows were fine, but then we had Chinese dragons and polarised inkblots. The best titles were the ones anchored around a theme - GE, TWINE, DAD and CR. SF was just all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:43 pm

I loved the Chinese dragons in the titles. It didn't seem out of place because Bond visited Macao. It's not unusual for the title sequences to have different elements of the film. Die Another Day had scorpions, fire, ice, torture, electricity.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:15 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Die Another Day had scorpions, fire, ice, torture, electricity.

The only thing bad about the DAD titles was the song...the visuals were quite nice.

Skyfall was okay but could be better...I'd give DAD the better of the two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next