More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:44 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Die Another Day had scorpions, fire, ice, torture, electricity.
But all of it was bound together by a theme - that Bond was being tortured. SF didn't have a theme, and so it was disjointed.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Wasn't Bond the theme himself?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Campbell4 wrote:

I thought his gunshot wound was the theme? And being in that space that approaches death.

Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Yes, but also his life passing by, the manor, hunting of shadows. Haven't watched it in a while, got to see it again to tell. Anyway, fine theme for me, loved it!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:34 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Campbell4 wrote:

I thought his gunshot wound was the theme? And being in that space that approaches death.

And that was fine. But then it just went off on a tangent, introducing motifs - like the dragons and polarised inkblots - that had nothing to do with the theme, and it became disjointed.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:58 am

British tabloids are claiming that "MGM executives" chartered a flight from Los Angeles to the UK for one particular passenger - a Ms. Adele Laurie Blue Adkins.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 am

I wouldn't mind, but would prefer another singer. Maybe bring back Adele for the Bond #7.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:29 am

Yeah ... Bassey may have done 3 of 'em, but that was across the space of 15 years and never consecutively.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:38 pm

There could be worse things to happen to the franchise than an Oscar winning artist to be involved two films in a row.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:33 am

I don't see why we can have Sam Mendes do consecutive films but Adele can't. I thought her Skyfall track was great. I'd gladly welcome her back.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:03 am

Jack Wade wrote:
I don't see why we can have Sam Mendes do consecutive films but Adele can't. I thought her Skyfall track was great. I'd gladly welcome her back.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 am

Jack Wade wrote:

Exactly…
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 am

I've always thought Eurythmics (or at least Annie Lennox) would have made a great Bond theme, though it probably would have come around the time of a third Dalton film. I don't know if they or she would be marketable, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:24 am

Last night Sam Smith won Grammy awards for best newcomer, best song, best record and best pop vocal album. Meanwhile you're suggesting a woman who was big 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:33 am

I wouldn't know Sam Smith's songs from anything else on the radio.

On the other hand, I can pick just about anything Lennox produced.
Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:36 am

How about George Ezra for something a bit different? I find Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran rather bland and uninspired, despite what the Grammys may think.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:53 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I wouldn't know Sam Smith's songs from anything else on the radio.

On the other hand, I can pick just about anything Lennox produced.

Well, I posted this in the forum song thread nearly two year ago. Still sounds fresh and original to me:

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:54 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Last night Sam Smith won Grammy awards for best newcomer, best song, best record and best pop vocal album. Meanwhile you're suggesting a woman who was big 25 years ago.

PM did say around the time of Dalton's third film.

Staugust wrote:
How about George Ezra for something a bit different? I find Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran rather bland and uninspired, despite what the Grammys may think.

Not sure about George Ezra… Could work, definitely prefer him over Sam Smith though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:54 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

PM did say around the time of Dalton's third film.

And the thread title is 'Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?'
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:53 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Getting Sam Smith would pretty much mirror EON nabbing Adele for SKYFALL right after she won a boatload of trophies. I think the likelihood of him getting the gig is solidifying.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
George Ezra's just another twee, indie-folk singer-songwriter. Who next? Jake Bugg? Ben Howard? Marcus Mumford?

At least Sam Smith and his producers have got their fingers on the pulse.

I wasn't aware that he had a pulse, let alone a heart or soul but no doubt Eon will go with him for the SPECTRE Bond song. He's very much in trend so a perfect fit for them.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 pm

With Craig I could see Tom Waits doing it. Wow, would I love that!
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Getting Sam Smith would pretty much mirror EON nabbing Adele for SKYFALL right after she won a boatload of trophies. I think the likelihood of him getting the gig is solidifying.

Although he's not my pick, his chances have been upped...still don't care for the cd tho.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Seeing we can't agree on a singer we should just go with this.

More than 30 years old and still more balls and panache than anything Eon's had since OHMSS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next