More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Kate Bush?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Now that Bellucci's onboard we should have a singer to match:

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 Madonn10
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:42 pm

I know some of these have been listed previously (I didn't go back through every single post in this thread), but I would prefer individual artists that have a somewhat larger than life persona, or bands that create something a bit more epic than simple pop.

So, with that said...

David Bowie
Peter Gabriel
Steven Wilson
Imogen Heap
Kate Bush
Charlotte Church (based exclusively on recent releases)
Bjork
Seal
Gotye
Sting

Bands:
Muse
Massive Attack
Portishead
Elbow
Back to top Go down
http://www.10trecords.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Well this rules out Paloma Faith for Spectre...

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/music/news/a633601/paloma-faith-im-not-cool-enough-to-sing-james-bond-theme.html#~p69ELEqHTMThJz

I don't think she'll ever get the gig now because she's wanting it… Has it ever gone to an artist who has publicly stated they want to do a theme?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 am

Yellow Pinky wrote:
I know some of these have been listed previously (I didn't go back through every single post in this thread), but I would prefer individual artists that have a somewhat larger than life persona, or bands that create something a bit more epic than simple pop.  

So, with that said...

David Bowie
Peter Gabriel
Steven Wilson
Imogen Heap
Kate Bush
Charlotte Church (based exclusively on recent releases)
Bjork
Seal
Gotye
Sting

Bands:
Muse
Massive Attack
Portishead
Elbow
I don't know that I'd call any of these "larger than life," and most of these acts are barely relevant these days at best.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 am

Gotye Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 XvhYsfz
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Control wrote:
Gotye Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 XvhYsfz

Definitely SPECTRE material...

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:15 am

Not saying he's Bond theme material by any means, but I like that track ... it's the juxtaposition of the 'bouncy' tune and the bitter-as-hell break-up lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 6:23 am

How about Blotto ROTFLMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKNwEVF3Wo
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Seeing everyone's getting old in post-Mendes Bond, maybe Eon should give these guys a chance. No autotune, no guitar, just very old fashioned synthesisers and rhythm section.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 pm

I saw on a different forum a few people suggest Queen w/Adam Lambert. Not a bad choice. I could like that.

Of course my preference would be MUSE or ONE REPUBLIC.

On the female side you probably couldn't get any bigger than Beyonce, but I suspect we're going to get Adele again, marking the first time a musical act has done back-to-back title/theme songs.

But why not all of the above? Why does the film only need to have one song? Why can't we get back to late 80's when EON started experimenting with multiple groups or singers on the album? Why not a "closing credits sequence" similar to what we had at the end of FYEO, but this time use a song that was not played over the opening credits? You'd then have at least two prime places in the film where a musical act could have the spotlight.

People *WOULD* sit through the end credits to watch a new title sequence played over a great song. People sit through the end of Marvel movies all the time to get to the teaser scene at the end of the credits, so it CAN be done. You just have to give an audience an incentive to stay a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
But why not all of the above? Why does the film only need to have one song? Why can't we get back to late 80's when EON started experimenting with multiple groups or singers on the album? Why not a "closing credits sequence" similar to what we had at the end of FYEO, but this time use a song that was not played over the opening credits? You'd then have at least two prime places in the film where a musical act could have the spotlight.

The problem with that is that there are egos at play. People got upset over being used only in the end credits. That's probably why they didn't bother putting "Only Myself To Blame" at the end of TWINE. Nobody is going to accept a gig where their song is only played at the end of a Bond film.

Quote :
People *WOULD* sit through the end credits to watch a new title sequence played over a great song. People sit through the end of Marvel movies all the time to get to the teaser scene at the end of the credits, so it CAN be done. You just have to give an audience an incentive to stay a little longer.

Those are only fanboys or people savvy enough to know there's extra stuff at the end. To this day, loads of people still walk out of theaters the moment credits roll, despite that we've seen films use the practice of a teaser at the end of a film for many years now. Again, this is why singers get upset over being relegated to the end credits, because nobody is staying in their seats to listen to the song.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Niia's been performing Bond covers in NYC. Her music has a cinematic quality, but maybe not homogenised enough for Bond. What d'you reckon?

This hardly seen 'rise of the robots' video is worth watching. Shame director Tony Kaye blew it in Hollywood because his eye for arresting images is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:05 am

If the song is good enough I stay and listen. Shame they didn't use Only Myself To Blame at the end of TWINE… Just listened to the soundtrack the other day again and fell in love with that song again…

Back on topic, if Sam Smith can do something like Lay Me Down, I wouldn't be totally against him doing a Bond theme. But I have a sneaking suspicion that for a male artist, it could be John Legend or Bruno Mars now…

Paloma Faith is out of the running, so for female artists I'm going with either Lana Del Rey or Adele again.

But still hoping for a track (end titles?) by Beth Crowley!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:50 am

Apparently, Miccoli are still "figuring out" the theme song singer…

MI6 wrote:
The long-time producers, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson, gave an interview to Collider whilst they were down in Mexico filming the 24th 007 adventure's pre-titles sequence.

One of the titbits that emerged as the producers chatted about the filming process was the unconfirmed nature of who will sing the title song. "[W]e’re still figuring that out," said Broccoli. "That’s one of the last things, one of the last pieces of the puzzle. But it’s one of the fun things that we look forward to, so, it’ll be a while."

Despite this ambiguity on the part of the producers, the film's director felt sure he had his title artist back in December 2014. One might only speculate what deals fell through between then and now.

On the recently-released teaser trailer, Wilson added: "We had to start [planning] six or seven weeks ago. But I think we wanted to create something that was a teaser that’s a bit of a puzzle and a mystery. From what I saw online, people are really putting in together in a clever way. It’s something that’s a little puzzle that people can enjoy."

Whether it's them just putting off telling us, or it's the truth, it looks as though we won't find out for a while...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Here's a link to an interview done by IGN (which may have been what Collider was referring to, but I'm too lazy to look into it):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/29/james-bond-producers-delve-deep-into-spectre

You've already seen the quote from Barbara that the song is something she's still 'figuring out', but here's one question and one answer I haven't seen on here that I think adds more intrigue and mystery to the process:

Question: Is there a short list of people you might have an idea of to do the theme song for this?

Broccoli: We've had a lot of interest from a lot of exciting people. It's kind of been a long list, and we're working our way through it.

i would say that that tends to work AGAINST the idea of Adele coming back, as I assumed earlier she might. I like the idea that there's a long list of people trying to get the title/theme song, as it seemed last time that Adele was pretty much the only person that submitted a demo or got a phone call. If Adele was in the running there wouldn't be a short list; you don't put Adele on hold. I'd also say this suggests it won't be quite the slam dunk for Sam Smith as was being predicted. Still hoping for ONE REPUBLIC or MUSE to come along and get it, or maybe a maverick choice such as QUEEN w/Adam Lambert.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Well we can disqualify Duran Duran cuz they just signed with Warner Bros, not SONY jump

Heard piece of the new single... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Well we can disqualify Duran Duran cuz they just signed with Warner Bros, not SONY jump

Heard piece of the new single... thumbsup

Interesting. You think it'll come down to someone who is within SONY Records? Is Columbia also part of SONY? Which labels were Alicia Keys/Jack White and Chris Cornell with at the time they signed on for 007?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:24 am

Re Chris Cornell

Lia Vollack, Sony Pictures's President of Music, called Chris Cornell inviting him to make a song for the new Bond movie, which would "reflect the dramatic new direction of James Bond", with a "strong male singer".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Know_My_Name

And look who signed an 80 million quid deal with SONY

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/adele-in-talks-to-sign-landmark-80m-sony-deal-that-would-see-singer-given-her-own-label-9789487.html

Another Way To Die - SONY BMG http://www.discogs.com/Jack-White-2-Alicia-Keys-Another-Way-To-Die/master/124174

SONY wants its own flock involved....
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:30 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Re Chris Cornell

Lia Vollack, Sony Pictures's President of Music, called Chris Cornell inviting him to make a song for the new Bond movie, which would "reflect the dramatic new direction of James Bond", with a "strong male singer".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Know_My_Name

And look who signed an 80 million quid deal with SONY

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/adele-in-talks-to-sign-landmark-80m-sony-deal-that-would-see-singer-given-her-own-label-9789487.html

Another Way To Die - SONY BMG http://www.discogs.com/Jack-White-2-Alicia-Keys-Another-Way-To-Die/master/124174

SONY wants its own flock involved....

Well, BEYONCE it is then!!!

If you look at a list of who is presumably currently signed to SONY, a few big names pop out at you, but only a few that might be able to do the title/theme. I don't think Carrie Underwood's country roots would work in her favor, so she's out. Daft Punk? Doubt it. Bruno Mars? Doubt it.

One Erection? Can't see it.

I think Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce would be potentially big "gets" but I don't see a SONY list of male singers that looks potentially promising....in 2015. INXS would have been, and should have been, selected back in 1989. Whoever picked Gladys Knight should be fired!

Last edited by Gravity's Silhouette on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:33 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Here's a link to an interview done by IGN (which may have been what Collider was referring to, but I'm too lazy to look into it):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/29/james-bond-producers-delve-deep-into-spectre

You've already seen the quote from Barbara that the song is something she's still 'figuring out', but here's one question and one answer I haven't seen on here that I think adds more intrigue and mystery to the process:

Question: Is there a short list of people you might have an idea of to do the theme song for this?

Broccoli: We've had a lot of interest from a lot of exciting people. It's kind of been a long list, and we're working our way through it.

i would say that that tends to work AGAINST the idea of Adele coming back, as I assumed earlier she might. I like the idea that there's a long list of people trying to get the title/theme song, as it seemed last time that Adele was pretty much the only person that submitted a demo or got a phone call. If Adele was in the running there wouldn't be a short list; you don't put Adele on hold. I'd also say this suggests it won't be quite the slam dunk for Sam Smith as was being predicted. Still hoping for ONE REPUBLIC or MUSE to come along and get it, or maybe a maverick choice such as QUEEN w/Adam Lambert.

Interesting… Though it all could just be a curveball for publicity.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:41 am

FieldsMan wrote:

Interesting… Though it all could just be a curveball for publicity.

It gives me hope that there's an actual competition to get the title song, and not some sort of coronation ala Hillary Clitton.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Caro Emerald and Michael Bublé are my top choices.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:44 am

Music by Thomas Newman
Lyrics by Necro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next