More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:47 am

How about Sting?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:50 am

How about Necro, the New York Yankees, Sting's wife and Annie Cruz? Music by Bernard Herrmann.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Kate Bush might be an interesting fit for the title.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Staugust wrote:
How about Sting?  

Oh no, the Aston's far too much of a gas-guzzler for eco-warrior Sting to involve himself.

Oh hang on, there was that Jaguar advert he was in about 10 years ago ...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Control wrote:

Music by Thomas Newman
Lyrics by Necro

Finally, a better white rapper than either Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:02 am

Well, it's mid-May and we still don't have an announcement. Could it be we're going to get a wild-card? An out-of-left-field pick that no one saw coming?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:32 am

I'm wondering if Sam Smith's throat issues have put the spanner in the works...
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:41 pm

I'll give Sam Smith some throat issues Red Grant style if the miserable bugger lands the SPECTRE theme song job.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm starting to think it's going to be a group whose name had not been kicked around before. The early betting was on Sam Smith, Lana Del Rey, Adele....but now I'm not so sure. I could see Hozier or Imagine Dragons sneaking in at the last minute and getting the song, regardless of whether they are SONY talent or not.

Would much rather have Hozier than Sam Smiths' whiny, whispering "singing" voice.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
I'll give Sam Smith some throat issues Red Grant style if the miserable bugger lands the SPECTRE theme song job.

Haha! I wasn't a big fan either, but I don't mind 'Lay Me Down'. So if he can do something of that quality, I'll be happy.

But Gravity, I still do think they'll go with something like Lana Del Ray, Adele, Sam Smith or even Paloma Faith (she's campaigned for it, and later Babs mentioned that they have been going through a list, so perhaps she is still being considered). They would need to top Adele, and they want to be certain that the next artist will be able to do that.

Wonder if Meghan Trainor is a contender…
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:14 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

Christ, I hope not. Irritating bitch.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

She looks like Megan McCain, except Megan McCain is probably the more talented singer.

If they are trying to "top" Adele, they'd have to bring in Taylor Swift, Beyonce, or Kelly Clarkson at this point. I don't think a Paloma Faith(whatever, or whoever, that is), or Lana Del Rey is going to cut it. I wouldn't mind Clarkson or Swift, but I think Beyonce is too toxic now to touch (after it was revealed she spent thousands bailing out violent criminals in Ferguson, MO and Baltimore, MD).

For male singers/bands I could accept Hoosier Hozier, One Republic, MUSE, Fall Out Boy (good songs, but not great vocals) or even Imagine Dragons. Not real keen on Sam Smith or Ed Sheehan.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:22 am

Taylor Swift? No thanks…

Aren't Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson more of last decade's biggest singers?

For male singers I'm thinking Bruno Mars… And we already know Mark Ronson has had a connection with the Bond folk with Quantum of Solace's theme originally supposed to be his and Amy Winehouse… So something between Ronson and Mars like Uptown Funk would be cool.

I reckon Lana Del Rey will be able to cut it. Her songs for Gatsby and Maleficent were great, and will compliment the moodiness of what SPECTRE appears to be… Plus harken back to Garbage's The World is Not Enough.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:26 am

I have a feeling EON wants to do another "surprise, look who we got, the song will be out next week" like they did with Adele. Usually by this point we do find out about the singer, but I wonder if EON really is gonna make it a standard to not reveal the singer until very close to the film's release.
Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 12:35 pm

I still think that Paloma Faith would be great.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

She looks like Megan McCain, except Megan McCain is probably the more talented singer.

If they are trying to "top" Adele, they'd have to bring in Taylor Swift, Beyonce, or Kelly Clarkson at this point.
The only way Kelly Clarkson is topping Adele is if it's 2005.

Quote :
For male singers/bands I could accept Hoosier Hozier, One Republic, MUSE, Fall Out Boy (good songs, but not great vocals) or even Imagine Dragons. Not real keen on Sam Smith or Ed Sheehan.
Apart from Sam Smith, I wouldn't accept any of those, maybe with the exception of Hozier, even though I never want to hear that one overplayed song of his again.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

This is probably going to be a crazy-unpopular idea, but that's never stopped me in the past: if you get rid of the kitsch factor, some of this year's EuroVision entries were pretty damn good. I thinking of the Latvian entry in particular, which had this minimalist electronic vibe to it that I could see fitting a Bond film.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 9:17 am

The bearded chick could make a good Bond Girl.
Back to top Go down
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Ok. Enough of all this. Bring back Shirley Bassey.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I have a feeling EON wants to do another "surprise, look who we got, the song will be out next week" like they did with Adele. Usually by this point we do find out about the singer, but I wonder if EON really is gonna make it a standard to not reveal the singer until very close to the film's release.

I don't remember when EON made it official with Adele, but I do remember that she strongly hinted at it a year before the release, so there was no surprise when EON finally came forward. . No one has done that this time around, which gives me great hope that it's someone whose name hasn't been kicked around or put on the betting boards. It truly could be up in the air, with several groups/singers vying for the title song and not knowing for sure if they are still in the running or if someone else has it.

And I really hope they don't try to "top" Adele by getting another sultry singer. Follow up Adele like they did Rita Coolidge or Shirley Bassey (DAF); let's get a rock anthem!

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:09 am

They followed Bassey with Sheena Easton and that song was nominated for an Academy Award…

But I wouldn't mind a rock anthem a la Live and Let Die or A View to a Kill...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 2:06 am

FieldsMan wrote:
They followed Bassey with Sheena Easton and that song was nominated for an Academy Award…

But I wouldn't mind a rock anthem a la Live and Let Die or A View to a Kill...

FYEO gets Oscar nom and climbs to #4 on the Billboard Top 100. AVTAK spends 3 weeks at #1 in the U.S.

Adele was the rare entry in the series where the song received commercial and critical success, getting an Oscar nomination and being #1 in the U.S. and other markets.

But they won't get lighting to strike twice; they'd be better off going in a different direction from Adele because you're not going to repeat that kind of success right away. Make a great song, use it to promote the film, and forget about scooping up any awards.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:25 pm

They should just have Newman redo Barry's theme for OHMSS.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Hell, I'd love to hear the 007 theme return. Sadly, I think that's unlikely. If David Arnold, the biggest Barry fanboy of all the composers, wouldn't bring that back, I can't imagine anyone else would bother.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Apparently you can hear it in DAD, but I can never pick it…

I imagine it's more to do with copyright than the Eon folk not wanting to use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next