More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:55 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
A 7 month primary location shoot???
I know it sounds crazy, but this article from Variety, published at the start of filming, confirms it:

http://variety.com/2014/artisans/news/spectre-king-tut-and-the-book-of-the-dead-sail-to-morocco-1201372107/

But I suspect that there was a large break or two during filming, so while it's seven months in total, it probably works out to be about five months in total.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 12:06 pm

So Sleaford Mods are the surprise choice. Full marks to Eon, didn't think they'd go with anything so leftfield. It's like 1977 collided with 1990.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 3:18 pm

... Who? First time I've heard of them. "Sleaford" is one of those names that can only be British, but that's literally all that I know about them.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:11 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
So Sleaford Mods are the surprise choice. Full marks to Eon, didn't think they'd go with anything so leftfield.  

Yes, I concur. Excellent choice. Couldn't be happier. I thought EON's press release, though, comparing them to the best choice since A-ha, was a bit overrated, but I like both bands, so I won't complain.

I also would've been happy with some of the more safe, traditional choices such as Vengaboys or Selena Quantilla-Perez that were rumored to be on the short list, but I'll take Sleaford Mods. SPECTRE just got a whole lot more exciting for me!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:08 am

Where is this press release? Why can't Google find it for me?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:34 am

Ha.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 am

I think this must be some sort of sick joke?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:51 am

I imagine so, Tiger Tiger… Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 3:01 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I imagine so, Tiger Tiger… Welcome to the forums!

Thank you. smile
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 7:22 pm

Looks like it might be Ellie Goulding after all.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11795&t=mi6&s=news

She tweeted this after being photographed in the studio:

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 MH0Xclv

I'd still rather have Sam Smith. I guess a more electronic sound would be a safe departure from Adele, but bringing back Sam Mendes makes me think Eon aren't really looking for "safe departures" on this one. Should get plenty of radio play, though, which is probably the real motive here.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 2:39 am

I actually don't mind that it's Ellie Goulding. I think Ghost is a catchy track and she has a Bond-enough sounding voice. I much prefer her over Sam Smith if it's true, though would have preferred Paloma Faith or Lana Del Rae as far as female singers go.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:13 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I actually don't mind that it's Ellie Goulding. I think Ghost is a catchy track and she has a Bond-enough sounding voice. I much prefer her over Sam Smith if it's true, though would have preferred Paloma Faith or Lana Del Rae as far as female singers go.

Well, I have a huge problem with this. He is not a rising star; he's been around Hollywood since the 6o's and 70's. And Elliot Gould is now going to sing the song to SPECTRE? ??? He'll get no air radio play, the song will be an epic fail, it will not draw in the young crowd w/money that is so vital to keeping a franchise going. They haven't made a decision this bad since they hired Gladys Knight and the Pips, by the point they were way past their prime.

Who authorized Elliot Gould? Who said this was okay to do?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 11:55 am

Oh, very droll GS.

Elliot ... er, I mean Ellie Goulding is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
The success of Ellie Goulding is bewildering. I guess those huge crossover sales are because she's so damn inoffensive, nice, asexual and unthreatening - an aspergic idea of woman.

Oh woe is me.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
The success of Ellie Goulding is bewildering. I guess those huge crossover sales are because she's so damn inoffensive, nice, asexual and unthreatening - an aspergic idea of woman.

Oh woe is me.

From some angles she looks like a young Barbara Broccoli.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 3:38 pm

BRAY-EEE-AY-EEE-AKE!
BRAY-EEE-AY-EEE-AKE!
BRAY-EEE-AY-EEE-AKE!

Ad nauseum.

I've always wondered: is it called "ad nauseum" because makes me want to throw up?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 2:36 am

I heard Adam Lambert on the radio earlier and thought that he'd make a great Bond theme - something similar to that of AVTAK or TLD.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:57 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Staugust wrote:
Paloma Faith would be a great choice.

Crazy women can be interesting, but I have only one use for the stupid. She's 33 yet dresses like an eight-year old.

Well, she's not dressing like an eight-year-old anymore:

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 2a7a0e10
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 am

Maybe not an eight year-old, but my nine year-old nephew thinks that wearing his pyjamas and wrapping himself in a blanket counts as dressing himself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Since when has what a singer wears got anything to do with their voice or talent exactly?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 pm

San Monique wrote:
Since when has what a singer wears got anything to do with their voice or talent exactly?

Some of us are multisensory, but I'll let Sueleen make my point.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
San Monique wrote:

Some of us are multisensory, but I'll let Sueleen make my point.

You much have been really pleased that Sheena Easton was chosen for FYEO then:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Scottish lasses with mullets aren't my thing (sorry, Nicola), but I did think Sugar Walls was fabulously dirty back in the day:

The b-side, 'Hershey Highway', was even dirtier. Bruce Hornsby, you little bugger ...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:18 pm

^ Yes, a song all about vaginas. colgate
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:59 am

Watching "Person of Interest", I'd like to see UNLKE work on the title theme. The likes of "Burn My Shadow" and "Lonely Souls" really worked, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of trip-hop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next