More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:38 pm

MI6 wrote:
'SPECTRE' director Sam Mendes confirmed today that the title song to the new James Bond film is in the bag.

"The song had been recorded and it's fantastic and I'm very excited about it," he told the hosts of 'Test Match Special' on BBC Radio.

Mendes refrained from giving any more details away but promised, "You won't have to wait long."

Last week, MI6 reported that it was highly likely British singer Ellie Goulding had recorded the theme song.

In the interview, Mendes also revealed that 'SPECTRE' will feature an original score with more than 100 minutes of music.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Mendes has gone for an interesting choice, simultaneously patriotic, maverick and retro as befits Dan Bond.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Who knew Test Match Special could have a story like that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Who knew Test Match Special could have a story like that
The Law of Diminishing Averages says it had to happen sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:05 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
MI6 wrote:
'SPECTRE' director Sam Mendes confirmed today that the title song to the new James Bond film is in the bag.

"The song had been recorded and it's fantastic and I'm very excited about it," he told the hosts of 'Test Match Special' on BBC Radio.

Mendes refrained from giving any more details away but promised, "You won't have to wait long."

Last week, MI6 reported that it was highly likely British singer Ellie Goulding had recorded the theme song.

In the interview, Mendes also revealed that 'SPECTRE' will feature an original score with more than 100 minutes of music.

It's "likely" that Ellie Goulding has recorded the theme because she's probably the only artist who could walk into a recording studio without drawing any attention (because nobody's ever heard of her) from the media, and thus avoiding speculation.

I'll reserve final judgement until I hear the song, but if they pick her, they'll break an unofficial tradition (spanning the better part of 40 years) of using established, fairly well-known acts.

They could have had MUSE...ONE REPUBLIC...MAROON 5....BEYONCE...the biggest names on the planet and they've apparently slummed it and decided to get Ellie Goulding?!? bang head
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
It's "likely" that Ellie Goulding has recorded the theme because she's probably the only artist who could walk into a recording studio without drawing any attention (because nobody's ever heard of her)  

She's sold a few million albums and is a big name in the UK. Even had a couple of top 5 downloads in some place called America.

She is crap though.

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Downloads not downlands. Fuck predictive text.)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 pm

I think her 'live and let die' tweet pretty much confirmed it.

And likewise, I'll wait to hear the song before passing any judgement but I don't think we'll get Another Way to Die bad, and we could do worse in terms of a singer…
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
It's "likely" that Ellie Goulding has recorded the theme because she's probably the only artist who could walk into a recording studio without drawing any attention (because nobody's ever heard of her)  

She's sold a few million albums and is a big name in the UK. Even had a couple of top 5 downloads in some place called America.

She is crap though.

Yowsers!

I finally decided to check out her music on YouTube. Clicked on her video for "Lights". I've actually heard that song. Can't tell you where, because I honestly don't remember. Had to be in either a grocery store, Wal-Mart or a doctor's office (in other words, Muzak), because I don't listen to Top 40 radio (only stations I listen to on the radio are talk shows and only when I'm driving back and forth to work, which only takes 15 minutes each way, so not a lot of opportunity to hear anything) and I don't go to dance clubs of any kind (disco, country, etc....).

But yeah, she's total garbage. She's apparently England's version of Hillary Duff or Mandy Moore...neither of whom one would think would do the song to a James Bond movie. THIS is who EON has chosen to follow up Adele? I can only hope that this is a baseless rumor, and that someone with some real substance and a worldwide following is actually doing this song.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Meanwhile, this is Lana's new single

I'm tired of Lizzie's meandering half-assed crap. She needs a Phil Spector character to get medieval on her ass and get a real performance out of her. Problem is she'd probably enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:09 am

I like Ellie Goulding...have been listening to Halycon Days since her name popped up as a Bond theme possibility.

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 Ellie-goulding-rdio-house-tiff-03
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 2:11 am

Ellie's getting warmer...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 3:25 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Ellie's getting warmer...

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 0
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 am

Apparently betting is now suspended after a £15k bet was placed on Radiohead....

BBC News Article

Maybe they both got the job for either end of the credits?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm

lachesis wrote:
Apparently betting is now suspended after a £15k bet was placed on Radiohead....

BBC News Article

Oh brother. Something Awful's description of these shitheads is the best:

Quote :
Radiohead is the sort of dopily dissonant, synth-mashing, warbling, British crap that passes for cutting edge these days. Their Internet fans are legion, their pretentious and egotistically dull albums continue to sell, and the people who malign the good name of critics by calling themselves as much incessantly drool over Radiohead like they've got platinum bars shooting out of their jocks.

I'd rather have Ellie Goulding.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:45 pm

I'm having images of Another Way to Die type stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 am

Yeah, I think I'll have me some Ellie Goulding, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:26 am

lachesis wrote:

BBC News Article

I've often wished they'd go back to the late 80's experiment of giving us multiple big name acts for the soundtrack. I liked what A-ha and The Pretenders did for TLD, and I liked that we had 3 songs for LICENSE REVOKED, even though I would have preferred a more current, cutting-edge singer than Gladys Knight (a totally fine singer in her own right, but not really Bond material; sounded way too "gospel" for a Bond song). And as Marvel has shown, there's plenty that an audience can stick around for in the closing credits. Why not have an end-credits song that is just as coveted a job as the title credits singer, including an end-credits sequence like we had in FYEO?

There's a place in the world for Ellie Goulding type music, but most people would have to admit, Ellie Goulding is a bit of a steep drop off after Adele, no?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:53 am

I think it was mentioned elsewhere, nobody likes to have their song relegated to the end which is why they put a stop to that practice. They want audiences to sit and listen, not walk out as the song begins in the closing credits.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:04 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Necro please.

Last edited by Control on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 3:56 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I have a feeling it's going to be Radiohead. You just have to put two and two together.

Daniel Craig interviews Thom Yorke.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/thom-yorke#page3

Thom Yorke the inspiration behind Douglas Hodge's take on Willy Wonka in Sam Mendes's West End production.

http://www.contactmusic.com/radiohead/news/thom-yorke-inspires-willy-wonka-character-in-new-musical_3731781

And there's also a poster on Cb.n who claims a friend met with Mendes, and Mendes said he wanted Radiohead to do the theme. Take that with a pinch of salt of course.

Although I don't know much about Radiohead other than "Creep", it would make more sense to have a big name act like Radiohead combined with a big name like James Bond. People want to hear what a Radiohead 007 song would sound like; most people wouldn't know what Ellie Goulding sounded like, much less her + Bond.

I mean, when you can have MUSE, Radiohead, Beyoncé....and you settle Ellie Goulding...just feels like a comedown. You don't follow up Adele with Ellie Goulding. I'm sorry, but that's just the plain truth. If it can't be ONE REPUBLIC or MUSE, I'll take Radiohead.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I have a feeling it's going to be Radiohead. You just have to put two and two together.

Daniel Craig interviews Thom Yorke.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/thom-yorke#page3

Thom Yorke the inspiration behind Douglas Hodge's take on Willy Wonka in Sam Mendes's West End production.

http://www.contactmusic.com/radiohead/news/thom-yorke-inspires-willy-wonka-character-in-new-musical_3731781

And there's also a poster on Cb.n who claims a friend met with Mendes, and Mendes said he wanted Radiohead to do the theme. Take that with a pinch of salt of course.

Although I don't know much about Radiohead other than "Creep", it would make more sense to have a big name act like Radiohead combined with a big name like James Bond. People want to hear what a Radiohead 007 song would sound like; most people wouldn't know what Ellie Goulding sounded like, much less her + Bond.

I mean, when you can have MUSE, Radiohead, Beyoncé....and you settle Ellie Goulding...just feels like a comedown. You don't follow up Adele with Ellie Goulding. I'm sorry, but that's just the plain truth. If it can't be ONE REPUBLIC or MUSE, I'll take Radiohead.

To the average person, Radiohead isn't really a bigger name than Ellie Goulding, but they're both bigger than First Republic or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next