More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:16 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Depends what generation you're talking about.

Yeah, I think the average person under 35 who just listens to Top 40 stations in their car is far more likely to have heard of Ellie Goulding.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:41 am

Then there's me, who's never heard a thing from either artist. Actually the only thing I've heard Radiohead related was Jonny Greenwood's score for THERE WILL BE BLOOD. I used to say he should take over from David Arnold back in the day.

Thank goodness for Newman.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 4:22 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I think it was mentioned elsewhere, nobody likes to have their song relegated to the end which is why they put a stop to that practice. They want audiences to sit and listen, not walk out as the song begins in the closing credits.

Sometimes the audience has no choice but to walk out because the cinema starts to close the curtains over the screen when the credits start to roll. Happened with me a number of times.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 4:23 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
I have a feeling it's going to be Radiohead. You just have to put two and two together.

Daniel Craig interviews Thom Yorke.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/thom-yorke#page3

Thom Yorke the inspiration behind Douglas Hodge's take on Willy Wonka in Sam Mendes's West End production.

http://www.contactmusic.com/radiohead/news/thom-yorke-inspires-willy-wonka-character-in-new-musical_3731781

And there's also a poster on Cb.n who claims a friend met with Mendes, and Mendes said he wanted Radiohead to do the theme. Take that with a pinch of salt of course.

Although I don't know much about Radiohead other than "Creep", it would make more sense to have a big name act like Radiohead combined with a big name like James Bond. People want to hear what a Radiohead 007 song would sound like; most people wouldn't know what Ellie Goulding sounded like, much less her + Bond.

I mean, when you can have MUSE, Radiohead, Beyoncé....and you settle Ellie Goulding...just feels like a comedown. You don't follow up Adele with Ellie Goulding. I'm sorry, but that's just the plain truth. If it can't be ONE REPUBLIC or MUSE, I'll take Radiohead.

Since when is Radiohead a big name in 2015? Ellie's actually been at the top of the charts recently.

I want Ellie stir
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:07 am

Radiohead for a Bond theme seems like an incredibly odd choice.
It would have even been weird back when they were at the height of their fame and success.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Radiohead used to do a live cover of Nobody Does It Better.

I might've liked the idea of them doing one in the late 90s, but for me 'glitchy' electronica (or whatever the hell you call what it is they do now) should be kept MILES away from Bond.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 2:44 am

I can't think of anything more pretentious than using Radiohead for the song on a movie that reintroduces one of the most famous campy cinema villains of all-time.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Radiohead used to be fresh twenty years ago, around the time of Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet. Did they do a lot since 1996? I really don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 7:42 am

I kind of lost interest after "The Bends" and "OK Computer".
I was aware of "Kid A", I guess.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 12:29 pm

EON has become adept at spin and disinformation in the last few years. And none of you seem to mind.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
EON has become adept at spin and disinformation in the last few years. And none of you seem to mind.

Doesn't always work. When SPECTRE was first officially introduced, there were no surprises with the casting as it had all pretty much been in the public domain for some time before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 3:53 pm

True, but weren't they leaked by EON to Bazza at the Mail?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 4:02 pm

That's always been the assumption, because he's been spot on so many times. If they really do intentionally give Bazza the scoop, it's extremely strange that they would waste so much time with the elaborate announcement of the cast. The only thing that was actually exciting about that whole thing was the announcement of the title, as that was the very last thing that was leaked and only commonly known as a rumored title for a brief period, whereas the casting had been known for a long while.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Well, they ARE making spy flicks after all ...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:54 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

??? LOL! ???

I don't think so. They've just gotten utterly predictable. Even with the leaking that they do on porpoise, many on this board have guess their every move, particularly in regards to SKYFALL. Back when QUANTURD OF SOLACE was barely in the rearview mirror, many were predicting that M would be killed off...that M would be the leading Bond Girl in the next film....that Bond would continue to have "mommy issues"...a lot of which I didn't, and couldn't, believe, but DAMN if it didn't come true in SKYFALL. Many on this board (perhaps you as well) correctly guessed that Naomi Harris was playing Moneypenny and that Fiennes was going to play M. None of which necessarily made the journey any less fun (I rank SKYFALL in the Top Five) but it was mostly a lot of unnecessary subterfuge. Same with Christopher Waltz playing Blofeld. EON may just simply be getting too cute for its own good.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:59 am

Had to take a long road trip today, so I had plenty of time on the highway to listen to the radio and WOW! I must've heard Ellie Goulding's LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO at least three times (and that's the song or two of hers that I know of; there were a couple of other songs as I flipped stations that I believe may have been her). I'd never heard of her four weeks ago, and now it seems like she's everywhere.

The song is decent; it's catchy...but based on everything I've heard, she doesn't have the range to do a great Bond song. She's going to be more in the class of Sheryl Crow or Madonna: decent but limited. No way does even come close to Tina, Shirley Bassey (or Manson), Carly Simon...heck, even Lulu! Despite what people may think of AWTD (I loved it and still do), Alicia Keys does have considerable vocal skills.

Still holding out hope for ONE REPUBLIC, MUSE...maybe even RADIOHEAD...but not really feeling Ellie Goulding.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:38 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

??? LOL! ???

I don't think so. They've just gotten utterly predictable.

Well, we're still pondering who's providing the theme tune. Right now it's unclear to me whether the Goulding tweets are disinformation or fact. Likewise the Radiohead static.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Either Cee Lo or Plan B would have been a brave choice for Spectre. Maybe Ben Drew would've been less controversial. He has a good soul voice with an English edge as Deepest Shame demonstrates. Pity he's on sabbatical, but that money's not going to spend itself.

While I don't buy into the middle class angst about the unhappy hooker (people need to realise that whores and trafficking aren't synonymous), this is a much better take on the subject than Sheeran's insipid The A Team.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:42 pm

How to write a Bond theme song. According to the Torygraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-bond-spectre/007-theme-song-composers/
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:09 am

https://soundcloud.com/dougsage/lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach

Lana's newest single has been leaked online.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 4:54 am

I wouldn't mind being "high by the beach" with Lana.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 5:31 am

Not to mention having sex with her.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 am

10 weeks till the premiere (wow, can it really be that close?) and still no word on the song. This better be the mother of all theme/title songs, or the excruciating wait for an announcement will have been worthless.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:59 am

I like you guys, so I'm going to give you an inside scoop.

I'm performing the SPECTRE title song (working title: 'Stroke the White Pussy').
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 12:57 pm

CJB wrote:
I like you guys, so I'm going to give you an inside scoop.

I'm performing the SPECTRE title song (working title: 'Stroke the White Pussy').

Ironically that was going to be Madonna's pitch for the title.......it also ties nicely with the accompanying video she planned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next